Virtua Tennis 2009 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Virtua Tennis 2009

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/se...ua-tennis-2009

SEGA has confirmed another instalment in the Virtua Tennis series is coming to PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Virtua Tennis 2009 will feature real-life ballsmashers like Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova, Venus Williams and Roger Federererer. New players for this year include Andy "Come on Tim" Murray and ladies French Open champion Ana Ivanovic.

Volleying, serving and net play have been improved, and there's now "player stumbling" to "add a new dimension to matches". Along with traditional singles, doubles and mixed doubles matches, the game will feature the official Davis Cup.

The World Tour Mode has been spruced up, and now includes a fully integrated online ranking system. There are more Player Creation options than ever and a new-look Tennis Store with more than 800 items to choose from.

There will be brand new Court Games to play, and we're told to "look out for crocodiles, fruit and pirates". Wise advice generally, of course.

Virtua Tennis 2009 is out this May, according to the press release. Which was written by someone who should be given a payrise for managing not to use any phrases like "smash hit" or "new balls please" in the entire thing.

Best tennis game franchise around. Murray is playable on this one. No word yet on whether Djokovic is on the roster. No doubt Monfils will be back, since he seems to always be playable in tennis games, quite randomly. Up until last year Monfils had made no impact on the senior tour, yet you couldn't buy a tennis game that didn't have him as part of the roster.
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Virtua Tennis 2009

Sounds good, hopefully they cut out the fucking annoying diving and it'll be near perfect.

at Federer not being on the front cover, he'll cry to Mirka about that for sure
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
Sounds good, hopefully they cut out the fucking annoying diving and it'll be near perfect.

at Federer not being on the front cover, he'll cry to Mirka about that for sure
Diving becomes a non-issue once you become really good. When you're a top player, diving ends up being a last resort. I remember when I started playing VT3 and I couldn't hit a shot without diving. Of course, I then went on to become the number 2 ranked player online.

Yeah, surprised Federer hasn't made any sort of appearance on the cover. Times they are a changing. Federer just doesn't draw the crowds anymore.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Did you play it on PC?

The problem with the PS3 version was it had no online play. They'll surely add it for 2009. It was good fun playing 2 players, but it was damn boring against the computer, online is a must.

It's still too arcadey for my liking, the fact that you can never make unforced errors as well is annoying. I suppose it's aimed at the more casual tennis fan, Top Spin is for the serious tennis fans.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #5
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
Did you play it on PC?

The problem with the PS3 version was it had no online play. They'll surely add it for 2009. It was good fun playing 2 players, but it was damn boring against the computer, online is a must.

It's still too arcadey for my liking, the fact that you can never make unforced errors as well is annoying. I suppose it's aimed at the more casual tennis fan, Top Spin is for the serious tennis fans.
I didn't like Top Spin. There's no depth to it. Once you've got to grip with the controls, there's no real depth.

I have VT3 for the 360, mate. I agree with you about the lack of UEs. That's a downside. It is pretty arcadey, but it has loads of depth. The offline mode isn't very good.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:51 PM   #6
country flag SwiSha

SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute

is there a game boy version

seriously the biggest problem of this game is the diving, Boris Becker divings all over the place
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:12 AM   #7
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I still think Virtua Tennis 2 was amazing and 3 was garbage. Lets see how this shit turns out, they better keep up the custom animations.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #8
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

Yes!! Get rid of the diving! Online has to be!

Last edited by ImmzB : 02-08-2009 at 05:30 PM.
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #9
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute

Why is Murray center? Makes no sense to me. Anyways cant wait to play this.
Xristos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xristos View Post
because it's the UK edition of the game?
Old 02-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xristos View Post
Can't wait for Virtua Tennis 2011 when you're on the front cover
Old 02-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #12
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

I liked the gameplay of Top Spin 2 the best, but the players moved way to slow in that game.

Virtua tennis looks great, but like you guys said the diving is ridiculous, the volleying is kinda bad and few UE's.

If they could improve the volleying add a fancy dropshot, it'll be a great game.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #13
country flag Byrd

Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond repute

Clydey what's your xbox live tag out of curiosity?, seeing that you was ranked 2nd in VT3 I might have played you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhaych View Post
Nadal is more conservative than Margaret Thatcher.
^^QFT

"I asked a bloke in the front row if he liked the serve-and-volley stuff," said Rafter. "He said he did but asked if he was going to get to see any rallies. 'Not today, mate,' I told him."-Pat Rafter silencing the Nadull fanboys
Byrd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:12 AM   #14
country flag Byrd

Byrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond reputeByrd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
I liked the gameplay of Top Spin 2 the best, but the players moved way to slow in that game.

Virtua tennis looks great, but like you guys said the diving is ridiculous, the volleying is kinda bad and few UE's.

If they could improve the volleying add a fancy dropshot, it'll be a great game.
You can do dropshot volleys but its quite hard to pull off, and only the best players can pull it off, its a secret shot.

Double post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhaych View Post
Nadal is more conservative than Margaret Thatcher.
^^QFT

"I asked a bloke in the front row if he liked the serve-and-volley stuff," said Rafter. "He said he did but asked if he was going to get to see any rallies. 'Not today, mate,' I told him."-Pat Rafter silencing the Nadull fanboys
Byrd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:43 AM   #15
country flag LinkMage
Banned!

LinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond repute

As many have already said VT3 sucks because of the diving, it is ridiculous. Top Spin 2 is much better (haven't tried TS3 though).
LinkMage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote