Wilson K Factor K Surge or Wilson K Blade Team - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
country flag ilendl

ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl
Default Wilson K Factor K Surge or Wilson K Blade Team

Guys, I wonder if anyone out there is using either of these racquets and if so would love to know what you think of them.

Also for an intermediate player, has anyone got a suggestion about any other Wilson racquet that they like that would be suitable.

I'm sticking with Wilson because I've always used them.

Thanks guys.
ilendl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wilson K Factor K Surge or Wilson K Blade Team

the blade team has a slightly larger sweetspot and is a little more comfortable. the surge is slightly lighter and as such a little easier to swing. other similar wilsons are the kpro team, zen team and the new k tour team fx
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:57 AM   #3
country flag ilendl

Smile Re: Wilson K Factor K Surge or Wilson K Blade Team

Thanks jazar for the reply. Just what I was after.

Do you like either racquet?
Old 02-04-2009, 06:57 AM   #4
country flag startover

startover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's just my opinion, but have you ever thought about getting a real player's racquet (nothing extreme to the point of, say a 90 sq inch frame that weighs 14 oz, but a real stick that suits most serious players) right now such as K blade 98? As an "intermediate player", I assume that you've already got a coordinated swing (compared to those starters who hit the balls with very non-standard motion). In this case, I think the benefits are:

1. Realizing that you are holding a weapon thats capable of growing with your game. Stop ever questioning things like "this shot should have worked, mabye it's the racquet that's holding me down".

2. Starting to get used to the feel of a real racquet. Who knows? Maybe it will even become the racquet for the rest of your life. Some day when you DO get better you'll probably really appreciate the fact that the racquet in your hands feel so attached to you as if it's part of your arm.

3. Forces you to play better, swing harder, use more body force (shoulder, torso, legs etc) instead of just the arm. Forget the "larger sweetspot", force yourself to hit right on THAT spot or it will send the ball fly. Forget the "8-10oz light weight" that's "effortless" to swing. Use your own strength, and if you don't have it, try to get more of it.

So exactly what defines a real player's racquet? Sometimes it's probably hard to say as some specs fall into the lines. But let's put it this way. Try to get a racquet that doesn't exceed 100 sq inch on face size (anything larger than that becomes "oversized". afaik no real pros use oversized racquets). You'll probably find 95-100 farily easy to get used to. Try to get a racquet that weighs no less than 11oz when strung (have you ever felt a 90+mph serve or forehand hit a feather weight racquet? The feeling is NOT good!) . I find the lower 11's offers the perfect balance for most people especially those who want to switch from light weighted high powered racquets to player's racquets. Also remember strings are also very important, not just the racquets. Again seek for those that are not too "extreme" in any way but yet good for serious play. Good luck.
startover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:16 AM   #5
country flag ilendl

startover: Thanks for your terrfic reply. Really appreciated.

Will take your advice. Is the K Blade 98 the one you'd recommend?
I'd probably rather stay with Wilson but I am open to suggestions.

And thanks again for taking the time.

Cheers.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #6
country flag Bernard Black

Bernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilendl View Post
startover: Thanks for your terrfic reply. Really appreciated.

Will take your advice. Is the K Blade 98 the one you'd recommend?
I'd probably rather stay with Wilson but I am open to suggestions.

And thanks again for taking the time.

Cheers.
Ridiculously good advice from startover there, he should work in a tennis store if he doesn't already!

I'd go with the kBlade 98, it's what I use and I love it. It's just the perfect racquet for an all-round game. As startover pointed out though, it's all about how a racquet feels to you personally, so it's different for each of us. Maybe you should hit with a few and see which feels right. Definitely stick with Wilson or Head though, they are the best brands.
Bernard Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
country flag ilendl

TidusZidane: Thanks for the advice. When you get a couple of people recommending something and they clearly know what they're talking about it's instils plenty of confidence in the choice.

Will test the 98. I've heard plenty of good things about it.

Thanks again, much appreciated.