2009 Chameleon Hardcourt Season Thread [Part I] - Page 201 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #3001
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Chameleon Hardcourt Season Thread [Part I]

I just came in to say that you guys are funny and a bit more entertaining than the Gasquetaires.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #3002
country flag anaquot

anaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond repute

I am starting a game here to purge the forum of the unfortunate posts of the past. I don't care if I am the only one who will be playing it, I really just don't want new members to be subjected to the disgusting display of disrespect and uncontrolled vilification of each other that occurred here. I say lets bury this shit and move on!

So the game is like word associations, post videos, pics, words, anything in response to the previous post...ready set GO!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 12:22 AM   #3003
country flag anaquot

anaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #3004
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ictmee View Post
I wondered if you would crawl out from under your stone for this one Reggie!

ok I'm just picking this quote as an example so I'm not having a dig at specific individuals but I am really sad that this forum has descended to such a level of bitterness where everyone is having a go at each other. I would imagine the majority of people here are adults and I think that I wouldn't be expected to be spoken to in such a manner in real life. I would hope that people could get along or simply avoid each other.

I realise racism is a sensitive issue so feelings are running high and people have strong feelings on the matter but I think that a measure of respect is required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_is_onUSA View Post
Also, I admit that I’ve been hanging around less because the discussion seems to become more about sex than about tennis. I realize that there are cultural differences here too, but I think that things have gone overboard for a while. The sexually graphic commentary isn’t something with which I’m interested in engaging/reading for a number of reasons. I certainly don’t mind the witty, semi-covert comments (Example – Les’ style of lusty commentary ). ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsume View Post
self-victimization much? Good grief! you have been spouting your boring explicit fantaisies ad nauseam all over this board since you came in, without giving a damn about other members being repeatedly upset, how was that respectful of others? Keep on displaying your self-righteous indignation and buying into being the victim if you will, you're only fooling yourself about the reason why you're leaving.
As regards to sexualised posts I am probably guilty of this in a joky way but if anyone had said or even PMed and said they found it too much I would have toned it down straight away. Or maybe kept it in one thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
ok, firstly i feel really sad that we as people who have something in common (a love/like of gilles) cant be inspired by that. whether we be men, women, black, white, gay or straight we all share something in common which i find personaly great about forums. i personaly love that we are all different and feel it should be embraced.

i've read through a lot of what passed when i wasn't here and i feel its such a shame it happened. to the poster who called tsonga a monkey, it is racialy offensive and you may very well have posted it unwitting of its impact, but its impact is clear to see and a big 'sorry' is needed. i feel you shouldn't continue to try and defended what you posted just accept its offensive to some and is unacceptable, you made a mistake in posting it and putting your hands up to it is needed.

to people who were offended by others not pointing out it was wrong, i think in this case posters need to give some lea-way. i personaly know calling someone a monkey is wrong and i think most others do, but some may not be so informed as to how offensive it can be and their lack of pulling the poster up on it might be a reflection of this.

to whomever was offended, i firstly want to say im sorry to you, i see myself as a valid member of the gilles forum and i don't want anyone to feel offended from posting in something i belong to and hold so dearly. you have every right to be upset and post your feelings on this, i just hope you can look past it and will continue to be valid members of this simon forum. i also think rather than just saying its unacceptable, giving your reasons why the word offends you may help people who don't realise what impact such insults can cause.

as for the poster/s who were uneasy with the more rude (sexual) side of some posts thanks for letting me know. i know i have posted posts about my sexual feelings towards gilles and i will tone it down if that helps.

just my 2 cents.
ok Sammy's post pretty much says everything that I would want to say so I'm just going to say ditto rather than typing something rambly and incoherent.

Finally i would like to say that I don't like the idea of people posting what is in their PMs. PMs are private messages and I think that if you have a problem with something that is in a PM then it should be reported to a moderator. Posting single PMs doesn't give the context of the conversation and I think that this makes it easy for people to form opinions without all the facts. There is enough tension on this forum already.

I know I am far from a prolific poster here but I would like to carry on speaking with other people that like Gilles and am hoping that the atmosphere in here becomes less hostile.
Cloudygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #3005
country flag anaquot

Old 04-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #3006
country flag anaquot

Old 04-04-2009, 12:42 AM   #3007
country flag anaquot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotso View Post
Gilles always looks cute. Even when he's throwing one of his tantrums.
Where is Scott?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:50 AM   #3008
country flag anaquot

Scottsdale is in Arizona
Old 04-04-2009, 12:54 AM   #3009
country flag anaquot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOrDN21yoGk
Old 04-04-2009, 12:56 AM   #3010
country flag anaquot

http://www.blogotheque.net/Sigur-Ros,4783
Old 04-04-2009, 12:57 AM   #3011
country flag anaquot

Sigur Ros, now that was beautiful...and next one for Gilles who likes to listen to Muse, right...
Old 04-04-2009, 12:59 AM   #3012
country flag anaquot

Old 04-04-2009, 12:59 AM   #3013
country flag anaquot

That song is used in Twilight. The author likes them, too.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:00 AM   #3014
country flag anaquot

Who is it who has a Carlisle quote in their sig? I thought I saw one when I was looking in the pic thread.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:02 AM   #3015
country flag anaquot

Is anyone going to any concerts this month? I haven't been to a show in ages.