2009 Chameleon Hardcourt Season Thread [Part I] - Page 198 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #2956
country flag gambit84

gambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Chameleon Hardcourt Season Thread: Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimear O'Mahony View Post
How dare you have a go at Marion Yavor. She was by no means the only one who said he used racists comments. In fact myself and a few other people said it so it is wrong for you to single Marion out. Yes I get that Rafa is your friend but ... come on ... and yes if he called you a ... whatever ... I would stick up for you and consider it racist. There are some words that should not be used and that's one of them
the point is: I wrote what I wrote, I did not mean that absolutely but if u say that the international meaning of the witched word is that I have to get it and of course take the responsibility of what I wrote and as I said: press the finger and inform the admin, I'm old enough to effort it, and of course in primis I have to apologize with all the people felt offended by that comment, was not my intention!
The fact is that we, mean people, in my country use that word completely in another contest, the racist one just did not come in my mind at all.
I don't know u and you don't know me, but actually I'm living in a completely multicultural community for reasons I'm not going to explain u and I'm sure you are not that interested to know. And even if in the past we had a lot of problems because he has not completely legal behavior my roomate is still a guy with a darker color of skin comparing to mine, much more dark and simply that one was last of our problems, and despite all I'm still living with him.

You say that word is an untouchable one? ok, I did and here we are, just don't call me idiot because as probably I easily judged the contest you are not that different judging me without knowing anything.

I still have to apologize with the others, what I just did not like was the word "idiot", for the rest you probably right about everything
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #2957
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Raf

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #2958
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit84 View Post
just don't call me idiot

what I just did not like was the word "idiot"
Can I just say one thing? I think its incredibly hypocritical for you to take offence to the word idiot when you seem to have no problem in making racist remarks towards other people. As Xavier said it is impossible for you NOT to have known the connotation of the word monkey. Its something we see on a daily basis on football pitches

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Also liking ... LOPEZ, VERDASCOand NADAL

The Adidas Boys - Impossible is Nothing
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #2959
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Hey its a bit early but we need a clay court thread opening Any volunteers?

Old 04-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #2960
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

I will want to open the thread. As you know fans in Spain are born and live on clay but I don't know how to open a thread, too newbie (oh yes, new thread at the bottom of the page I need my siesta now)
IMHO, It will be very nice with RG as the pinnacle of the clay season to see a French poster opening the thread, just my humble opinion.
isabelle86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #2961
country flag but-it's-ok

Great idea for one of our French posters to open the clay court thread

Opening a new thread is easy.
1. Forum Jump - Gilles Simon Message Board - click go
2. Then the Board will come up with all the threads.
3. The top left hand corner shows New Thread.
4. Click New Thread - it will then say Post New Thread
5. Click Post New Thread
6. Create a title and a first post and post as you would any other message.
7. The thread title will appear with the list of other threads on the Message Board
8. Voila

Old 04-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #2962
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: 2009 Chameleon Hardcourt Season Thread: Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimear O'Mahony View Post
How dare you have a go at Marion Yavor. She was by no means the only one who said he used racists comments. In fact myself and a few other people said it so it is wrong for you to single Marion out. Yes I get that Rafa is your friend but ... come on ... and yes if he called you a ... whatever ... I would stick up for you and consider it racist. There are some words that should not be used and that's one of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keijan
Yes, I am. And from what I can judge, I'm not the only one.

"Monkey" is a sadly commonly used racist term to qualify people with African origins, aka, Black or half Black people. I think I don't need to make a drawing to explain, I'm sure you can get how offensive and insulting it is. When used to designate Tsonga, it can only mean one thing. I don't know the colour of your skin, but if you're Black and people are calling you monkey, I suggest you get offended.

I don't know if he knew what that word meant. If he did, he should definitely get bannish from here. If he didn't, it stays that he insulted a player and this isn't allowed.

We are not mocking him. Just stating the truth.
yes I dare and I'm standing firmly behind Raf!!!!!!
it's pretty obviously that he's not using this word monkey deliberately to insult Jo, you or anyone else here, so please stop teaching us what words should be used here and what not!!!!!!!!!

who do you think you're..................moral judges??????

I don't need you to tell me what is offensive and what not. I'm probable older than both of you and you both teach me and everyone else here about racism

so it's simple.................if you don't like some comments don't replay them, but as far as I know MTF are free forums dedicated to tennis and everyone have the right to express his/her's opinion!!!!!!!!!!
we don't need THE HOLY INQUISITION here!!!!
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #2963
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: 2009 Chameleon Hardcourt Season Thread: Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhr75019 View Post
To all of you folks, I was indeed the bad repper and I am glad that the problem has been publicly adressed and to see I was not the only one shocked. I must say I was a bit worried about your dead silence last night. Thanks for your input to the debate. As far as I am concerned the case is closed. Back to tennis.
seriously

did anyone notice that this is:
2009 Chameleon Hardcourt Season Thread: Miami

rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #2964
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

the holy inquisition is a very big spanish historic and hysteric embarrasment but this is not tennis related. I am not a judge but I am a lawyer.

I am only going to say one thing, I know how a small but pretty significant minority in Spain uses the term in football stadiums for example.
I am glad and extremely proud those kind of persons are not in tennis venues. tennis is better.
we should go back to tennis.

thanks Di for your help, but we agree it must be a french poster who should have the honour to open the clay thread!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #2965
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgy View Post
it's pretty obviously that he's not using this word monkey deliberately to insult Jo, you or anyone else here
Of course, what was I thinking. He was obviously giving him affectionate pet names.
By the way, where did you see we felt like we were insulted ? No one directed the monkey word towards us as far as I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgy View Post
as far as I know MTF are free forums dedicated to tennis and everyone have the right to express his/her's opinion!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely. And I count Eimear, myself and everyone who agreed with us in that "everyone". Don't you ?

I think the people reading this thread will make their mind themselves about who's insulting who. If they judge that I'm the one who crossed the line, then I don't think I have anything to do with anyone here.

I don't have anything against you, Yavor. Let's close this subject.
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #2966
country flag krn81

krn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle86 View Post
I think he will stay in the top 10 this year definitely but still needs to improve to be in the top 5, but I think he can do it. if he gets a big weapon he will be amazing.
he has the ability to get the most out of his talent.
Isabelle you are right. What is amazing with Gillou is that we know and him also that still lot of things can be improved and in somehow he can still improve himself.
The biggest weapon missing for me is the service. With a big service, he could be safer in some occasions.
After he needs to work a bit like Rafa, I mean working on his improvements, doing good tournaments but not trying to over play. Djoko did it and finally exploded a bit.
krn81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #2967
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keijan View Post
Of course, what was I thinking. He was obviously giving him affectionate pet names

Shit Marion I'm so stupid. Here we were thinking he was being racist and he was just giving him affectionate names. D'oh!!! It all makes sense now

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Also liking ... LOPEZ, VERDASCOand NADAL

The Adidas Boys - Impossible is Nothing
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #2968
country flag but-it's-ok

Yes please lets close this subject None of us are perfect,things get said etc..

Now lets have some love and laughter in this place againplease

Old 04-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #2969
country flag krn81

krn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle86 View Post
thanks Di for your help, but we agree it must be a french poster who should have the honour to open the clay thread!
i did it, now we can talk there.
Sorry for the introduction there, I didnt have much time as I am at work
krn81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #2970
country flag isabelle86

Spot on Marion, Rafa could be a great inspiration for Gilles, uncle Toni said this week that the serve of Rafa is not a serve of a top 10 player, there's always rooom for Improvement and Rafa didn't know how to come to the net, and volleys but he always loved grass courts.
Gilles is also very quick on court, running and speed are excellents, he is smart (scheduling events).
I agree he should play as much doubles matches as possible (with a great player like Jo for example) to improve his net game. He also needs to improve his serve, each time he is on 2nd serve I pray, just imagine. I fully admire the work rate of Gilles, he is also a workaholic and he is determined to improve in each tournament, like his rankings in the past seasons. The best is yet to come. I feel so lucky and proud to be able to say Gilles is my favourite player.