2009 Chameleon Hardcourt Season Thread [Part I] - Page 197 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #2941
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Chameleon Hardcourt Season Thread: Miami

Quote:
ohh c'mon please.....Raf is a good guy and friend of mine. he doesn't seriously mean what he said!!!......... I don't like the fact that he was bad rep. for that

Good for you both if you're friends, but I don't see how it allows him to post bashing and racist comments about another player.

Last edited by Keijan : 04-01-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #2942
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgy View Post
ohh c'mon please.....Raf is a good guy and friend of mine. he doesn't seriously mean what he said!!!......... I don't like the fact that he was bad rep. for that
Yavor ... the guy used a blatantly racist comment! You can't seriously be condoning that!!! I was a little when I read your reply because you're a good guy Yavor and I seriously didn't think you'd be the type to condone such racist remarks. I don't believe your beloved Raf didn't mean it. That doesn't wash with me Yavor. EVERYONE knows that that's a racist term and is never used in any other way, shape or form. You've disappointed me Yavor and I really thought you were one of the good guys

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Also liking ... LOPEZ, VERDASCOand NADAL

The Adidas Boys - Impossible is Nothing
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:09 AM   #2943
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles Honest as always,dignified in defeat,will learn the lessons of this defeat,and come back even more strongly.

I was horrified at the use of that m word,and I'm pretty upset too. I won't tolerate that kind of remark. Raf you crossed the line...please...be very careful in future. In the circumstances you did deserve the bad rep. We're very reasonable,nice people

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #2944
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
true............
that's why I like him - he might play like an idiot sometimes, but at least he's honest!
he doesn't let the fame get to his head like lots of other players and is still extremely humble and happy, I like this a lot about him. He is always smiling when he is talking to the press and he handles them very very well. I agree that it is impossible not to like Simon seeing as his personality is almost perfect.
he needs to be aggressive with the short balls, it worked perfectly. I hope he plays like this more often against the lesser players, more aggressively, because he can play good aggressive tennis and he won't have to edge a 3 set thriller, and he will be less tired for his next matches. I think he will stay in the top 10 this year definitely but still needs to improve to be in the top 5, but I think he can do it. if he gets a big weapon he will be amazing.
he has the ability to get the most out of his talent.

Last edited by isabelle86 : 04-01-2009 at 10:31 AM.
isabelle86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #2945
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchett View Post
Gilles Honest as always,dignified in defeat,will learn the lessons of this defeat,and come back even more strongly.
Di, what kind of results do you expect from Gilles during the clay season? please be kind! the day after all the top 8 are in the quarterfinals except Gilles is not easy.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #2946
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: 2009 Chameleon Hardcourt Season Thread: Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keijan View Post
Good for you both if you're friends, but I don't see how it allows him to post bashing and racist comments about another player.

and who said that he's posting "bashing and racist comments"..............you??????

and from when "monkey" become a "bashing and racist comments "

what if it's not about Jo, what if he call me monkey - still a "bashing and racist comments"

..................you're all wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you don't know him but all of you mock him!!!!!!
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #2947
country flag gambit84

gambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond reputegambit84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimear O'Mahony View Post
The person who bad repped you was right Gambit. What kind of an idiot are you? To say that you weren't being racist by calling someone a ... I'm not even going to repeat the word ... which is one of the most insulting terms you can use (as well as one of the most racist) and then you go and requote the post just to hammer home the point and allow people who haven't seen it before see it. My finger is hovering very closely to the bad-rep button and I've a good mind to report you for racism

probably a racist idiot

btw I deeply dislike Tsonga, for his behavior, attitude, for his game and in that way I meant the "horrible" word probably also because in my culture it has a completely different meaning but this point is my fault because I'm writing in english
I don't completely get the point but according to u I crossed the line so feel free to press the finger and report me For me was a fan comment like others, for u something offensive and outrageous and I'm open to every rebuke, I just not meant that in a racist way
Old 04-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #2948
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Isabelle Gilles has a strong mind for clay,he will hit more balls every point. We know he'll fight very hard. He's a great mover,he can outlast most people,he's patient. He's a thinker too,ideal for clay - he'll change things up to suit the situation if he needs to. I feel confident he'll have a very solid clay court season.

He'll lose all the Casablanca points,but he didn't go really deep into any of the top clay court events,or RG so he should be in an even stronger position ranking wise after the clay court season Allez Gillou

Old 04-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #2949
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: 2009 Chameleon Hardcourt Season Thread: Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimear O'Mahony View Post
What kind of an idiot are you?

rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #2950

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

How dare you have a go at Marion Yavor. She was by no means the only one who said he used racists comments. In fact myself and a few other people said it so it is wrong for you to single Marion out. Yes I get that Rafa is your friend but ... come on ... and yes if he called you a ... whatever ... I would stick up for you and consider it racist. There are some words that should not be used and that's one of them

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 04-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #2951
country flag isabelle86

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchett View Post
Isabelle Gilles has a strong mind for clay,he will hit more balls every point. We know he'll fight very hard. He's a great mover,he can outlast most people,he's patient. He's a thinker too,ideal for clay - he'll change things up to suit the situation if he needs to. I feel confident he'll have a very solid clay court season.

He'll lose all the Casablanca points,but he didn't go really deep into any of the top clay court events,or RG so he should be in an even stronger position ranking wise after the clay court season Allez Gillou
Thank you so much Di! you said so well what I need to listen. In fact yesterday he showed he needed a break after IW and he is playing a smart clay season. Yersterday he was very quick around the court, great speed and running, excellent mover, at times great retriever and scrambler. Hitting with a great forehand and the famous backhand.
Di, I give you my feel good award. thanks!

Allez Gillou!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #2952
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and who said that he's posting "bashing and racist comments"..............you??????

and from when "monkey" become a "bashing and racist comments "

what if it's not about Jo, what if he call me monkey - still a "bashing and racist comments"

..................you're all wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you don't know him but all of you mock him!!!!!!

Yes, I am. And from what I can judge, I'm not the only one.

"Monkey" is a sadly commonly used racist term to qualify people with African origins, aka, Black or half Black people. I think I don't need to make a drawing to explain, I'm sure you can get how offensive and insulting it is. When used to designate Tsonga, it can only mean one thing. I don't know the colour of your skin, but if you're Black and people are calling you monkey, I suggest you get offended.

I don't know if he knew what that word meant. If he did, he should definitely get bannish from here. If he didn't, it stays that he insulted a player and this isn't allowed.

We are not mocking him. Just stating the truth.
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #2953
country flag but-it's-ok

OK,all I will say is this. The word that was used by Raf is generally seen as a racist term if used towards a non-white person,sad and regrettable.

Yavor - if Raf called you a ...... assuming you're both white people...then thats not racist.

I don't want us to fall out over this Ok Now,letsand make up,we've said what needs to be said...We have our opinions,what would MTF be without them eh?

We all just try to make sure in future that we think a bit harder before we post about other posters,players eh Or as I've been told once very wisely...log off and do something else for a while,OK We can think things but not say them on here

Old 04-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #2954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keijan View Post
Yes, I am. And from what I can judge, I'm not the only one.

"Monkey" is a sadly commonly used racist term to qualify people with African origins, aka, Black or half Black people. I think I don't need to make a drawing to explain, I'm sure you can get how offensive and insulting it is. When used to designate Tsonga, it can only mean one thing. I don't know the colour of your skin, but if you're Black and people are calling you monkey, I suggest you get offended.

I don't know if he knew what that word meant. If he did, he should definitely get bannish from here. If he didn't, it stays that he insulted a player and this isn't allowed.

We are not mocking him. Just stating the truth.
Well put hun. I really couldn't have put it better myself

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 04-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #2955
country flag xhr75019

xhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit84 View Post
I meant the "horrible" word probably also because in my culture it has a completely different meaning
Considering medias show us almost every week sports fans imitating apes squeals as soon as a black player gets the ball whether in France (my country) or in Italy (your country), I find it hard to believe that you are not aware of the connotations this word has. But I give you the benefit of the doubt and aknowledge your apology. Try to be careful next time.

To all of you folks, I was indeed the bad repper and I am glad that the problem has been publicly adressed and to see I was not the only one shocked. I must say I was a bit worried about your dead silence last night. Thanks for your input to the debate. As far as I am concerned the case is closed. Back to tennis.

SIMONFILS
& TSONGASQUET
+ a few others...

Last edited by xhr75019 : 04-01-2009 at 11:25 AM.
xhr75019 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote