Zagreb and Beyond - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-02-2009, 11:51 PM   #1
country flag Aquarianbabe

Aquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Zagreb and Beyond

Well this weeks Willy was in Zagreb but unfortunately he lost in the first round against a Croatian in three sets. Going by the sb he won the first set, had a break in the second set then lost in 2-6 in the third.

He has once again teamed up with Turnsov to play doubles, but they are not seeded and their first match is against the top seeds.

I wish I knew what his problem was, maybe it is lack of confidence in closing out matches once they get to the third set.

If you want to change the name of the thread please go ahead.

Aquariangirl
Aquarianbabe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 07:46 AM   #2
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zagreb and Beyond

The only one who can change a title is you (or a mod), but I don't think it should be changed.
We'll create a new thread for the next tournament and hopefully it will be a longer one

Good luck Willy
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #3

Aquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond repute

Willy withdrew from the doubles with a right elbow injury, I hope it is nothing serious.

Aquariangirl
Old 02-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #4
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, an injury isn't exactly what he needs now
Old 02-07-2009, 01:44 AM   #5

I have posted the draw for the San Jose tournament. Willy's 1wst rd opponent is Chris Guccione from Australia.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/e...09/424/mds.pdf

Aquariangirl
Old 02-07-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

vamos willi

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:22 AM   #7

I hope there is a livestream for this tournament. Hope he has recovered from his injury and it was only minor.

As it is my birthday on Tuesday the 10th please win.

Aquariangirl
Old 02-08-2009, 07:49 AM   #8
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

there will be a livestream in the official site but if u would like to see it u should pay..

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar

Last edited by kai. : 02-08-2009 at 07:56 AM.
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:30 PM   #9
country flag martine2
yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarianbabe View Post
I hope there is a livestream for this tournament. Hope he has recovered from his injury and it was only minor.

As it is my birthday on Tuesday the 10th please win.
Hehe, mine is on Wednesday 11th
Old 02-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #10

martine2 another Aquarian, woohoo.

Well if Willy gets a win that is a nice birthday pressie for me and you. I am going out to dinner with a few friends to a Mexican restuarant.

Aquariangirl
Old 02-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #11

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTINE2, hope you have a lovely day and get spoilt by your family and friends.

Well Willy didn't give us a birthday pressies by winning his match but it looked like it was close. Keep hanging in there Willy the wins will come.

Aquariangirl
Old 02-12-2009, 05:21 AM   #12
country flag kenny sf

kenny sf has a reputation beyond reputekenny sf has a reputation beyond reputekenny sf has a reputation beyond reputekenny sf has a reputation beyond reputekenny sf has a reputation beyond reputekenny sf has a reputation beyond reputekenny sf has a reputation beyond reputekenny sf has a reputation beyond reputekenny sf has a reputation beyond reputekenny sf has a reputation beyond reputekenny sf has a reputation beyond repute

Well I got to see Canas for the first time ever in my life at the San Jose HP Pavillion. It's a very nice place. The match was good. Guccione served 16 aces and was actually moving pretty well around the court for a super tall serve and volley player. Willy was good but a little off. He played a really good 1st set and looked like he was taking control, but he lost the tie breaker after leading. The second set was close, but Guccione was a bit better. They both broke eachother which was exciting and then Chris broke Canas to then serve it out. Willy looked great and super fit. It could have gone either way, but Chris was just a bit better on the crucial points. I'm waiting for Del Potro and Canas in Doubles.
kenny sf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #13
country flag martine2
yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarianbabe View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTINE2, hope you have a lovely day and get spoilt by your family and friends.

Well Willy didn't give us a birthday pressies by winning his match but it looked like it was close. Keep hanging in there Willy the wins will come.
Thanks!! Hope you had a great one too
Old 02-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #14
country flag martine2
yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny sf View Post
Well I got to see Canas for the first time ever in my life at the San Jose HP Pavillion. It's a very nice place. The match was good. Guccione served 16 aces and was actually moving pretty well around the court for a super tall serve and volley player. Willy was good but a little off. He played a really good 1st set and looked like he was taking control, but he lost the tie breaker after leading. The second set was close, but Guccione was a bit better. They both broke eachother which was exciting and then Chris broke Canas to then serve it out. Willy looked great and super fit. It could have gone either way, but Chris was just a bit better on the crucial points. I'm waiting for Del Potro and Canas in Doubles.
Thanks for the report!!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #15

Kenny sf thank for the report and saying he looks super fit. Keeps my hopes alive that he is not too far away from achieving some good results.

martine I had a great birthday. It was a bit hot but I have a friend over from the other side of Australia for a few days so I am happy and there will be a bit of drinking happening.

Aquariangirl