A suggestion; take it any way you wish - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #46
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A suggestion; take it any way you wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
GM has been worse.

The beginning of last year with all the bad feeling between the new Noletrolls and his detractors was not pleasant. The aftermath of Wimbledon was awful.

Currently, I am struggling to understand the thought process that is going in to the deletion/closure of certain threads, while others are left to spiral totally out of control.

I've been reading this forum for nearly 5 years. Too many people look back with rose tinted glasses.
I've been here a long time too and I agree with you. I was shocked at the absolute vitrol spewed about Hewitt when I first joined (which was when it was still ATPWorld) Then it was about Andy. And it wasn't just about those players, it was personal. Anyone who voiced support of a player the inner circle disagreed with was subjected to insults. Curiously a lot of it had to do with age. Particularly if a new poster appeared who was a Roddick fan, immediately the poster was attacked and accused of being 13 years old -- which was pretty really, but it wasn't done in a humorous manner.

What's truly amusing to me is that now one of the worst offenders and also a breaker of forum rules is now a moderator, and some of the others now decry the uncivility of the board. They find it uncivil now that they've begun supporting players who are reviled in GM. It's just that the shoe is on the other foot. Plus there's always been backbiting and cliques forming and people just generally not liking one another and being hateful.

You have to sort through all of that to find the things you do like, and the people you can talk to, and if that's impossible, you simply can't participate here anymore, because I don't see it changing.

One of the things that I do think has improved is the amount of shal we say "adult content" that used to appear on the board has been eliminated. I used to complain a lot about that because there are posters here who are quite young. Plus, I'm not so fond of it either.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #47
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post

Do you expect me to act like a mod when I haven't been one anymore for over a year? Alternatively, do you expect GWB to keep acting like a president now that Obama has been elected?

Btw, never seen a person whine so much about a simple bad rep. Time to get over it, no?

And it's not about guessing, as it's always been quite clear what fanbase you belong to. The one of fans of everything Spanish.
I wasn't here when you were a mod, I just don't believe in miraculous character conversions so IMO all that holier-than-thou crap coming from you is just, well, crap Your rep was by far the most amusing message of any kind I got in my first few days posting here so, yes, I remember it with a particular fondness. I reckon though I would've forgotten it, and even you, if it wasn't by your self appointed position as MTF "How To Be A Good Mod For Dummies" lecturer-in-chief. Spare me the crap, it's getting embarrasing
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #48
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
I wasn't here when you were a mod, I just don't believe in miraculous character conversions so IMO all that holier-than-thou crap coming from you is just, well, crap Your rep was by far the most amusing message of any kind I got in my first few days posting here so, yes, I remember it with a particular fondness. I reckon though I would've forgotten it, and even you, if it wasn't by your self appointed position as MTF "How To Be A Good Mod For Dummies" lecturer-in-chief. Spare me the crap, it's getting embarrasing
Sure, Jolan, believe in what you will, doesn't affect me either way. Maybe one day you'll get over it.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:52 AM   #49
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is fun. I need popcorn.

More catfighting please.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #50
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
This thread is fun. I need popcorn.

More catfighting please.
I aim to please But you will need to ask Lee if you can have her popcorn smiley
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #51
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

It's so funny how you wrote this thread with a comment about how things happen in GM, and then this thread became a perfect example of it. It's classic. I love MTF.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #52
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
It's so funny how you wrote this thread with a comment about how things happen in GM, and then this thread became a perfect example of it. It's classic. I love MTF.
Word
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #53
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite acronym: SSDD. If you need to know what this means, pm me. Otherwise, take it any way you will.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #54
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
I aim to please But you will need to ask Lee if you can have her popcorn smiley
My popcorn smiley is offensive enough that it was deleted by mod I dare not to use it anymore.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #55
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
My popcorn smiley is offensive enough that it was deleted by mod I dare not to use it anymore.
Are you kidding?

OMG.

but also :retard:
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #56
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Are you kidding?

OMG.

but also :retard:
I joked a little bit. It's collateral damage but it's really no big deal to leave a post with only the smiley there. Let's say the mod was being very thorough
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #57
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
One of the mods in GM deleted a post of mine from the Phelps thread for no reason that I can think of. I called them both druggies which was obviously sarcastic but somebody either reported my post as offensive or one of the trigger-happy mods deleted it on the spot. In any case, I think the mods are having a hard time understanding the difference between moderating and babysitting.
I miss shotgun
Old 02-10-2009, 03:10 AM   #58
country flag Tankman

Tankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond reputeTankman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
I might be joking and then again I might not. But have you ever considered shutting down GM for a day or two? It might stop all the nonsensical threads from being started. At least it would give those of us who consider ourselves adults a break. Just like sending my kids to their rooms After all if GM did not exist the trolls might go elsewhere or at least might think twice about coming out to play. Thank you.
Agreed. Although I think I'm doing this all by myself

Yes I have found Suggestions/Feedback. Be warned

Tennis Tipping 2013
Doubles (275): W
Zagreb FU (w/Papillon.)
Tankman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote