A suggestion; take it any way you wish - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #16
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A suggestion; take it any way you wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
GM has been worse.

The beginning of last year with all the bad feeling between the new Noletrolls and his detractors was not pleasant. The aftermath of Wimbledon was awful.

Currently, I am struggling to understand the thought process that is going in to the deletion/closure of certain threads, while others are left to spiral totally out of control.

I've been reading this forum for nearly 5 years. Too many people look back with rose tinted glasses.
Ah well, part of the joy of being a mod is that most people think they could do a better job than you but few are actually prepared to do it
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #17
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Ah well, part of the joy of being a mod is that most people think they could do a better job than you but few are actually prepared to do it
Anytime the admins want to offer me a position, I am there
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #18
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Anytime the admins want to offer me a position, I am there
You do know that one of the conditions of being a mod is that you should avoid getting into disputes and arguments between fanbases, right?
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:53 PM   #19
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
You do know that one of the conditions of being a mod is that you should avoid getting into disputes and arguments between fanbases, right?
And?
Old 02-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #20
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
I might be joking and then again I might not. But have you ever considered shutting down GM for a day or two? It might stop all the nonsensical threads from being started. At least it would give those of us who consider ourselves adults a break. Just like sending my kids to their rooms After all if GM did not exist the trolls might go elsewhere or at least might think twice about coming out to play. Thank you.
If you could stop yourself from thinking you are "the mother" of MTF maybe things would be a little better for you.
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:26 PM   #21
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

This is not GM. No need to get personal here.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #22
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
This is not GM. No need to get personal here.
Do you mean what shotgun said to me

It's okay, I can take it.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #23
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

^^ I am not getting personal. The OP equates moderating GM as being similar to punishing her kids. I am saying that MTF is not equivalent to her kids
This is detachment -- 
Old 02-03-2009, 06:35 PM   #24
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't refer to specific posts and I am really not. But my comment was jumped on immediately instead of what I hope.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #25
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #26
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
If you could stop yourself from thinking you are "the mother" of MTF maybe things would be a little better for you.
Things are just fine for me. Nothing on this site will ever get to me. You included. And god forbid I should be anybody's mother here. When I started this thread I did not consider any of the Rafa fans who posted here as starting trolling threads. However I am not surprised that you all took it among yourselves to respond. But please feel free to respond now and I will gladly let you have the last word.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #27
country flag tennizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I didn't refer to specific posts and I am really not. But my comment was jumped on immediately instead of what I hope.
Your comment immediately followed mine so I responded. Was not "jumping" on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoo Foo View Post
Thanks
This is detachment -- 
Old 02-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #28
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Your comment immediately followed mine so I responded. Was not "jumping" on it.
There are many posts between my last post and the one before. And I did not quote your post. So yes, that's "jumping".
Old 02-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #29
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Things are just fine for me. Nothing on this site will ever get to me. You included. And god forbid I should be anybody's mother here. When I started this thread I did not consider any of the Rafa fans who posted here as starting trolling threads. However I am not surprised that you all took it among yourselves to respond. But please feel free to respond now and I will gladly let you have the last word.
Yeah, the minute you opened the thread the PMs between us started flying
Old 02-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #30
country flag tennizen

Quote:
I am not responding here because I feel the need to have the last word but because I feel the need to clarify.

And it does not matter whether you refer to Rafa fans or anybody else. Please don't club us all together as we are all individuals with differing opinions.

The reason I responded the way I did is because I take issue with statements like, " We are the adults here. The rest of them behave like kids". I find that point of view to be extremely condescending.
This is detachment --