Fed's tears justified? - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Were Fed's tears justifeid?

Yes 201 62.42%
No 121 37.58%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #106
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fed's tears justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
Losing the Wimbledon final, the #1 ranking and now this match, you can tell the guy is just losing it by his recent behaviour, not only talking about the crying on the court today but also the constant "goes" he's having at other players. Then again it's understandable considering he dominated the tour for four years, he's just not used to coping with defeat.
Strange enough, because it's not like this is happening beyond his control. He basically surrendered those matches and the #1 ranking.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #107
country flag ugotlobbed

ugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond repute

i think overall the crying scene brought more drama to tennis, and in conclusion, this is good for tennis, in the end tennis wins, tennis 1 fedal 0
Old 02-02-2009, 12:04 AM   #108
country flag Lourdes27

Lourdes27 has a reputation beyond reputeLourdes27 has a reputation beyond reputeLourdes27 has a reputation beyond reputeLourdes27 has a reputation beyond reputeLourdes27 has a reputation beyond reputeLourdes27 has a reputation beyond reputeLourdes27 has a reputation beyond reputeLourdes27 has a reputation beyond reputeLourdes27 has a reputation beyond reputeLourdes27 has a reputation beyond reputeLourdes27 has a reputation beyond repute

Only in the Locker Room, he stole Rafa's thunder, now all the press with have Rogers ugly cry plastered all over the net and newspapers.
Lourdes27 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:06 AM   #109
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

Roger .

Now he knows how everyone else on the tour feels like. He's won 13 Grand Slams, it's not as if he has been a runner-up 13 times and was trying to nab his 1st Slam.

Yeah it's always tough to watch an athlete lose it emotionally after a loss, but for fucks sake keep it together and don't spoil Nadal's incredible achievement. I think this loss sunk in much more deep and he's realizing he is nowhere near as good as he used to be; things will not come so easy anymore and it will be a constant uphill battle.

Havok is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:07 AM   #110
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

I say justified. I am dealing with a lot of self-imposed pressure and have had a few breakdowns lately because of it. This man is chasing history, was so close to getting #14, and just crumbled under the immense pressure. I just wanted to give him a

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #111
country flag Crazy Girl

Crazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyme View Post
i think the reason Roger was crying was more because he was touched at the amount of support the fans gave him in spite of his loss...he wasn't crying because he was a sore loser . he cried during the trophy ceremony in 2006 too and he won that time. anyway, i think it's fine.
Finally, in this "Cage aux folles" MTF, a clever and fine person.

You know...At this point you can place me in every "position" you like.

Also the little sheep (or doggy-style). As you prefer, Olderer.
Crazy Girl is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #112
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00923 View Post
It was understandable, but slightly unfair that it a) made the trophy presentation about him and NOT the actual winner of the match and b) put the winner of the match in an incredibly awkward position. he essentially was made to feel bad for winning.
My thoughts exactly. I felt sorry for Fed (and I am not a fan of his), but just think it's a shame that Rafa felt the need to start his speech saying "I'm sorry" and was made to feel bad for beating Federer, who seems to think it's his Godgiven right to win a slam. Rafa totally and utterly deserved that win, he played amazingly and had to back up a gruelling semi. Fed was just beaten outright and needs to learn to deal with that. I'm sure other people he has beaten in finals have felt the same when they have lost - for them, it was probably their one and only chance they will ever have to win a Slam. I'm sure Rafa was completely gutted after coming so close at Wimby in 2007, so now Fed is just experiencing what all of them have experienced. He has been lucky in his career to have beem largely healthy and injury free, and has the talent to have won all that he has, and for sure he will win more Slams and beat the record. There is no problem in shedding a tear or 2, but just think it's a shame the whole ceremony had to revolve around him (much like everything else in tennis does), and that Rafa couldn't celebrate how he perhaps would have liked.
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:16 AM   #113
country flag Collective

Collective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond reputeCollective has a reputation beyond repute

Time for a shampoo change for the Fed

Collective is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:16 AM   #114
country flag Crazy Girl

Crazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post

Whatever... It's Federer who behaves like a pansy.
Poor, poor, poor, poor Anna....I pity you.....

You know...At this point you can place me in every "position" you like.

Also the little sheep (or doggy-style). As you prefer, Olderer.
Crazy Girl is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:25 AM   #115
country flag Igaarg

Igaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Seahorse View Post
I think you are missing the point. Few people are criticising Roger for crying. What criticism there is, is about whether the crying was occuring at an appropiate time. I don't think anyone could seriously have any problems with a player, be it Federer, Nadal or someone else, crying after a huge win. The circumstances here however were quite different and I would certainly regard a debate as being quite reasonable.
Crying at an appropiate time? How is that? "I feel bad but I better cry later in my hotel room".
Igaarg is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:25 AM   #116
country flag mariposa_azul87

mariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I am new to the forum but found this topic really interesting. First of all I am a fan of both Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal; and, believe that both are the GOAT where no one at this moment could come close to their achievements. I think Roger tried to hold back his tears, but once tears start to flow its hard to stop them. I honestly feel that he believed he could have beaten Rafa because hc is not Rafa's strongest surface, so he was shocked to see how well he was playing. At the same time however, I do feel Rafa's celebration was subdued due to Roger emotions. If Rafa would have celebrated more outwardly, then people would look at him and go "he's only thinking about himself" or "he has no feeling that Roger was crying". Yeah Roger won 13 GS and people had to sit back and watch him celebrate, but to each his own. If I was playing in a GS final and lost, I would probably be kicking myself in the butt, becaue who knows when you can make it back to the final, even if you are a Federer or Nadal. Criticism could go both ways. Yet you should not be ashamed of feeling angry or crying, and not ashamed of celebrating openly. It all has to do with what is proper at that moment. But hey, people eat up sob stories like hotcakes :-).
mariposa_azul87 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #117
country flag ugotlobbed

ugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond reputeugotlobbed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
Time for a shampoo change for the Fed

rofl
Old 02-02-2009, 12:33 AM   #118
country flag xargon

xargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoo Foo View Post
If he was a pussy he would have found a way to justify the loss to himself,
“You know, in a fifth set, anything can happen. That’s the problem. Not usually the better player always wins. Just a matter of momentum sometimes.

“You know, maybe I should have never been there, you know, in the first place. But, I mean, I think he played well. You know, I definitely played a terrible fifth set, you know. I kind of handed it over to him.

I mean, no doubt he’s one of the tougher guys out there for a fifth set ‑ no doubt.” –Roger Federer
xargon is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:34 AM   #119
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

I just rewatched the trophy ceremony, and he did take away from Rafa's moment.

That's twice now Rafa has had subdued celebrations, to mark amazing achievements, because of Federer.

Would Rogi have the same thought for Rafa's feelings? Unlikely.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #120
country flag cocrcici

cocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
I just rewatched the trophy ceremony, and he did take away from Rafa's moment.

That's twice now Rafa has had subdued celebrations, to mark amazing achievements, because of Federer.

Would Rogi have the same thought for Rafa's feelings? Unlikely.
TRUTH
cocrcici is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread