Fed's tears justified? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Were Fed's tears justifeid?

Yes 201 62.42%
No 121 37.58%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #61
country flag Crazy Girl

Crazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fed's tears justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa = Fed Killa View Post
Federer always has been a pansy.
a pansy!!!!:spit :

You are:retard:

You know...At this point you can place me in every "position" you like.

Also the little sheep (or doggy-style). As you prefer, Olderer.
Crazy Girl is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #62
country flag Crazy Girl

Crazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igaarg View Post
Who are we to say if the tears where justified or not? are you kidding me? I don´t think he wanted to show how much hurted this defeat, he couldn´t held his tears, it was heartbreaking.
I can´t vote in a poll like this, he just cried because he felt it, he was really sad and he couldn´t helped. He couldn´t leave the place and cry in the shower, you have to be very brave to do something like this. Rafa won, congratulations to him, but live Roger alone. He lost like a man, I can´t be prouder as a fan.
MEE TOO!!!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #63
Chris Seahorse

Chris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond repute

This is a tough one.

Clearly Federer was not deliberately trying to steal Nadal's moment. He cried because he couldn't control himself. No doubt Federer will be quite embarressed by his actions when he looks back them. That said, Federer didn't do anything bad or wrong as such. And no, there is nothing intrinsically wrong with showing one's emotions.

However, I have to say Federer's outburst did reveal some serious shortcomings in the Federer psyche. It is very clear, Federer derives a huge amount of his self-worth by his success. This is fine and dandy when Federer is winning everything but when he isn't it's not surprising Federer struggles to cope. I think there is a real danger Federer could end up suffering with severe depression when his career ends.

Nadal in contrast, is an altogether much more mature individual. I found some of the quotes from his winning interview very telling. "When you win an important match, but you have to know before the match who you are and after the match you have to know who you are, too. You are the same, no?" This pretty much sums up Nadal's attitude to the sport and it also goes a long way towards explaining why Nadal is so mentally strong. Nadal's self worth is not connected to whether or not he wins tennis matches. Nadal is okay with himself regardless. All he asks of himself is that he gives it everything on the court. If after that he loses, fine. Unlike Federer, Nadal's self esteem isn't linked to whether or not he wins. This means Nadal is able to play tennis far more fearlessly and with far less pressure on his shoulders than does Federer. Nadal is better at focusing on each and every point without distractions that probably any player of his generation and probably a few generations before him. Unlike Federer, who has loads of profession goals that he feels a need to achieve, Nadal's appears to play with only one goal, simply to be the best he can be at that moment. Is it any wonder Nadal is stronger than Federer mentally and indeed emotionally. And after today's events it is very hard to see this changing.

So yeah, I guess one can justify Roger's behavior, given that it reflects that Roger is not the most emotionally mature of players, it could hardly be considered surprising. But truthfully I do feel a bit sorry for Federer, not because he lost but because clearly he has some serious self esteem issues that will need to be addressed if he doesn't want to escape serious depression down the road.

The Magician

Marcos Baghdatis Fernando Gonzalez

Florian Mayer Gustavo Kuerten Richard Gasquet

Feliciano Lopez Lukasz Kubot Hyung-Taik Lee Younes El Alynaoui Dick Norman Sergiy Stakhovsky Aisam Qureshi Dusan Vemic Michal Przysiezny Ernests Gulbis Carlos Moya Andy Murray Jonas Bjorkman Andrei Pavel Olivier Patience Mariano Zabaleta Jarkko Nieminen Fyrstenberg/Matkowski
Chris Seahorse is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #64
country flag Crazy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xargon View Post
He is a pussy and a mean one too.

Roger had all the advantages,
A cupcake draw,
His pigeon getting the open roof
An extra day rest while being number 2.

I am glad Rafa is the Fed blocker. I loved it!

For all those who think this wuss cried because the loss was just so monumental, remember this is not the first time. He is a girly man. Here is the wuss with Henman.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w8QDlcFHA4o
A PUSSY!!!!!!!!: spit:Also a girly man!!! Wait, wait, you're really silly!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #65
country flag the graduate

the graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond repute

once a ballerina always a ballerina
the graduate is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #66
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Of course they're justified. He bent over and had no lube. Must have hurt.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #67
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Talk to the 19 year old kids who are in the future circuit. They must win to make money and continue their shot at a good pro career. For me that pressure is even greater and have far greater reason to cry.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #68
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetlana. View Post

learn to loose like a man
After reading a handful of your post today I am trying very hard to not make a personal attack on your dumb ass.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #69
country flag guptaji

guptaji has a reputation beyond reputeguptaji has a reputation beyond reputeguptaji has a reputation beyond reputeguptaji has a reputation beyond reputeguptaji has a reputation beyond reputeguptaji has a reputation beyond reputeguptaji has a reputation beyond reputeguptaji has a reputation beyond reputeguptaji has a reputation beyond reputeguptaji has a reputation beyond reputeguptaji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Skywalker View Post
Roger never really felt bad for so many players that he beated repeatedly over the years. He always enjoyed the moment with smile. I dont know if you noticed but Rafa tried to calm him down and thats class. Federer was arrogant most of the times and didnt have any mercy.
Even after the match if you read his comments he is still arrogant.
Doesnt take a lot to see what a person he is. I never felt sorry for him.
And I am not writing this cause I hate him, this is the truth and I believe everyone who isnt fan Federer can see it.
I couldn't agree more with you. I am sure if Roger won, he'd be far from humble. By projecting this I-am-better-than-everyone-else image and by taking every opportunity to criticize other top players, he is the one putting immense amount of pressure on himself. I am a longtime Nadal fan and I have tried liking Federer (more like, I have tried not disliking him) but his arrogance always comes in the way.
guptaji is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #70
country flag morningglory

morningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond repute

nope. It's not his first AO title match, it's not the slam that will break Sampras' record, and goodness man, stop crying already (who does he think he is, Zvonareva?)! Tears of joy are one thing since the audience can celebrate with you... whiny tears like these only make him look pathetic and forced Nadal to tone his celebrations down.
morningglory is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #71
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Seahorse View Post
This is a tough one.

Clearly Federer was not deliberately trying to steal Nadal's moment. He cried because he couldn't control himself. No doubt Federer will be quite embarressed by his actions when he looks back them. That said, Federer didn't do anything bad or wrong as such. And no, there is nothing intrinsically wrong with showing one's emotions.

However, I have to say Federer's outburst did reveal some serious shortcomings in the Federer psyche. It is very clear, Federer derives a huge amount of his self-worth by his success. This is fine and dandy when Federer is winning everything but when he isn't it's not surprising Federer struggles to cope. I think there is a real danger Federer could end up suffering with severe depression when his career ends.

Nadal in contrast, is an altogether much more mature individual. I found some of the quotes from his winning interview very telling. "When you win an important match, but you have to know before the match who you are and after the match you have to know who you are, too. You are the same, no?" This pretty much sums up Nadal's attitude to the sport and it also goes a long way towards explaining why Nadal is so mentally strong. Nadal's self worth is not connected to whether or not he wins tennis matches. Nadal is okay with himself regardless. All he asks of himself is that he gives it everything on the court. If after that he loses, fine. Unlike Federer, Nadal's self esteem isn't linked to whether or not he wins. This means Nadal is able to play tennis far more fearlessly and with far less pressure on his shoulders than does Federer. Nadal is better at focusing on each and every point without distractions that probably any player of his generation and probably a few generations before him. Unlike Federer, who has loads of profession goals that he feels a need to achieve, Nadal's appears to play with only one goal, simply to be the best he can be at that moment. Is it any wonder Nadal is stronger than Federer mentally and indeed emotionally. And after today's events it is very hard to see this changing.

So yeah, I guess one can justify Roger's behavior, given that it reflects that Roger is not the most emotionally mature of players, it could hardly be considered surprising. But truthfully I do feel a bit sorry for Federer, not because he lost but because clearly he has some serious self esteem issues that will need to be addressed if he doesn't want to escape serious depression down the road.
I thought this was an interesting post. I agree with you that Federer's tears were not a deliberate effort to steal Nadal's moment, but rather more about the kind of person he is. I also agree about Nadal's emotional maturity and even temperament are the foundation of his on court mental strength.

Where I part company with you is that the tears are a sign of Federer's lack of self esteem. It's always seemed to me that Federer loves basking in adulation, and also that he has a tendency to feel sorry for himself. I think that he's managed to hold it together at RG (even though the first time Nadal defeated him there, he looked very pouty) because he's told himself that Nadal was a clay freak. Then Wimbledon was a bit harder, but he could still tell himself that Nadal couldn't touch him on the hardcourts. I think the tears were a product of Federer's myth of himself being tarnished. But, maybe that's what you are talking about -- someone with true self esteem and self knowledge doesn't really have this problem. Anyway -- excellent post.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #72
country flag Regenbogen

Regenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond repute

I think people are kind of reading too much into this. Federer just seems like a crying sort of person.

It's pretty irrelevant unless he did it on purpose, which I highly doubt.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #73
Chris Seahorse

Chris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond reputeChris Seahorse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I thought this was an interesting post. I agree with you that Federer's tears were not a deliberate effort to steal Nadal's moment, but rather more about the kind of person he is. I also agree about Nadal's emotional maturity and even temperament are the foundation of his on court mental strength.

Where I part company with you is that the tears are a sign of Federer's lack of self esteem. It's always seemed to me that Federer loves basking in adulation, and also that he has a tendency to feel sorry for himself. I think that he's managed to hold it together at RG (even though the first time Nadal defeated him there, he looked very pouty) because he's told himself that Nadal was a clay freak. Then Wimbledon was a bit harder, but he could still tell himself that Nadal couldn't touch him on the hardcourts. I think the tears were a product of Federer's myth of himself being tarnished. But, maybe that's what you are talking about -- someone with true self esteem and self knowledge doesn't really have this problem. Anyway -- excellent post.
Exactly. When a person's self-esteem is linked solely to what they achieve it is a very fragile self-esteem.

The Magician

Marcos Baghdatis Fernando Gonzalez

Florian Mayer Gustavo Kuerten Richard Gasquet

Feliciano Lopez Lukasz Kubot Hyung-Taik Lee Younes El Alynaoui Dick Norman Sergiy Stakhovsky Aisam Qureshi Dusan Vemic Michal Przysiezny Ernests Gulbis Carlos Moya Andy Murray Jonas Bjorkman Andrei Pavel Olivier Patience Mariano Zabaleta Jarkko Nieminen Fyrstenberg/Matkowski
Chris Seahorse is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #74
country flag MrChopin

MrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Seahorse View Post
Nadal in contrast, is an altogether much more mature individual. I found some of the quotes from his winning interview very telling. "When you win an important match, but you have to know before the match who you are and after the match you have to know who you are, too. You are the same, no?" This pretty much sums up Nadal's attitude to the sport and it also goes a long way towards explaining why Nadal is so mentally strong. Nadal's self worth is not connected to whether or not he wins tennis matches. Nadal is okay with himself regardless. All he asks of himself is that he gives it everything on the court. If after that he loses, fine. Unlike Federer, Nadal's self esteem isn't linked to whether or not he wins....
Take off those rose glasses Seahorse: Nadal is being honest, but it's easy to say this when you win. Was he saying this to himself in the Wimbledon ('07) showers while crying to himself.

Both men put their lives into tennis. How can users not respect what that investment entails, as Fed displayed today? I can't believe this thread exists... as a poll. Wow, what a group of callous people... how can one cheer for players to cry as a result of feeling that so much of their effort has been squandered? That's such a horrible desire.
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
Nadal will be fine by australian open......
You're like a living unforced error.
MrChopin is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #75
country flag WillRogersBeach

WillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond reputeWillRogersBeach has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Fed's tears justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinatreue View Post
Wow there really are some very JUDGMENTAL, HEARTLESS people in this thread. Rafa had compassion for Roger and yet so many of his fans cannot. How shameful. How someone's heart could not go out to Roger is beyond belief to me. The tears were real and his heart is beautiful. He is a sensitive man who wears his joy and sadness on his sleeve and that is threatening to some people in here. I think you are just very uncomfortable with a man showing his vulnerabilities. Basically you are a bunch of insensitive macho types who cannot allow A MAN to show his heart. How disgusting and pathetic of you! Both Roger and Rafa are infinitely classier than you heartless Roger bashers!
You go, girl! I'm totally with you.
WillRogersBeach is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread