Fed's tears justified? - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Were Fed's tears justifeid?

Yes 201 62.42%
No 121 37.58%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #226
country flag Crazy Girl

Crazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fed's tears justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi10is View Post
What an old fashioned discussion! Why are men not allowed to show their feelings?? I love Roger for not hiding his tears. It shows how much this tournament means to him. To see that a player leaves his heart on the court makes tennis special! And receiving the trophy showed that Rafa is a great player but when he put his arm around Roger's shoulder he showed that he is a great champion also. Roger's tears didn't ruin Rafa's ceremony but made it even more special
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!!! I love you, too!!!!
Great people are here!!!!! Thanks, indeed!!!!:wavey :

You know...At this point you can place me in every "position" you like.

Also the little sheep (or doggy-style). As you prefer, Olderer.
Crazy Girl is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #227
country flag Igaarg

Igaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond repute

He did congratulate Rafa, the difference is that Roger is an honest person, not an obsequiousness as another players. Too praise is false, all this guys wants to win. Rafa´s speech of: "Roger is the best, Roger is better than me, I love Roger, I have a picture of Roger in my door´s room, I´m just lerning, I have to improve a lot, Karanusic is favouriter than me, I though I was going to loose, I was so tired, I couldn´t even crawl" is annoying. I don´t find this humble. Sorry, I don´t want to be mean with Nadal, is a good guy, but I found Roger more sincere.
Igaarg is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #228
country flag Crazy Girl

Crazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyme View Post
i think the reason Roger was crying was more because he was touched at the amount of support the fans gave him in spite of his loss...he wasn't crying because he was a sore loser . he cried during the trophy ceremony in 2006 too and he won that time. anyway, i think it's fine.

You know...At this point you can place me in every "position" you like.

Also the little sheep (or doggy-style). As you prefer, Olderer.
Crazy Girl is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #229
country flag Jaz

Jaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igaarg View Post
He did congratulate Rafa, the difference is that Roger is an honest person, not an obsequiousness as another players. Too praise is false, all this guys wants to win. Rafaīs speech of: "Roger is the best, Roger is better than me, I love Roger, I have a picture of Roger in my doorīs room, Iīm just lerning, I have to improve a lot, Karanusic is favouriter than me, I though I was going to loose, I was so tired, I couldnīt even crawl" is annoying. I donīt find this humble. Sorry, I donīt want to be mean with Nadal, is a good guy, but I found Roger more sincere.
That's just wrong, Nadal is a great guy. I'm a fed fan. You have to consider Uncle Tony - He has always praised Federer and effectively told Rafa to model himself on him off the court. That's not a bad thing. IMO of all Tennis role models, of all sports, Federer is probably only second to Woods in terms of "role model".

Federer also happened to be a brilliant Tennis player too.

Federer is justified to cry. He works hard, expectations are so high (still). And he keeps losing in the Final in 5-sets to the same guy.
Jaz is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #230
country flag jcreback

jcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, for what it is worth, when that match ended I almost started crying. Then again, that was because I was angry and the match started at 3:30 am where I live, so I only got 2 hours of sleep and was in a really bad mood.
Champion: 2009: Como CH; 2010: Napoli CH; 2011: French Open
Finalist: 2010: Ostrava CH, Braunschweig CH
TT Doubles:
Champion: 2008: Como CH (w/hahaha7), Tashkent CH (w/Adder A216); 2009: Jersey CH (w/Adder A216); 2010: Caltanissetta CH (w/Adder A216); Athens CH (w/Adder A216); Milan CH (w/Adder A216); Napoli CH (w/Adder A216); Orleans CH (w/Adder A216)); 2011: Meknes CH (w/Adder A216)
Finalist: 2008: Tulsa CH (w/hahaha7); 2009: Wolfsburg CH (w/EnriqueIG8), Manerbio CH (w/dusan1610); Como CH (w/Adder A216); Champaign CH (w/Adder A216); 2010: Ostrava CH (w/Adder A216); Aptos CH (w/Exponente); Binghamton CH (w/Adder A216); 2011: Dallas CH (w/Adder A216)
jcreback is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #231
country flag Igaarg

Igaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
That's just wrong, Nadal is a great guy. I'm a fed fan. You have to consider Uncle Tony - He has always praised Federer and effectively told Rafa to model himself on him off the court. That's not a bad thing. IMO of all Tennis role models, of all sports, Federer is probably only second to Woods in terms of "role model".

Federer also happened to be a brilliant Tennis player too.

Federer is justified to cry. He works hard, expectations are so high (still). And he keeps losing in the Final in 5-sets to the same guy.
As I said, I didnīt want to be mean with Nadal, maybe is his personality I donīt know. But I donīt think people is being fair with Roger. In tennis and in life, is allowed to cry, and we are here saying if itīs right or not.
Igaarg is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #232
country flag vucina

vucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond repute

Good thing he can lose like a man, with dignity...
vucina is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #233
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igaarg View Post
"Roger is the best, Roger is better than me, I love Roger, I have a picture of Roger in my doorīs room, Iīm just lerning, I have to improve a lot, Karanusic is favouriter than me, I though I was going to loose, I was so tired, I couldnīt even crawl"
funny stuff...

the delivery man lurks...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #234
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see Nadal making loads of new fans because of his 'classy behaviour' at the ceremony

see, Nadaltards should at least thank Roger & his 'little episode' for giving Nadal the platform to display his classiness
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #235
country flag Bazooka

Bazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it really spoiled the glorious moment for many, including myself.

He is not to blame if he could not control his emotions and it just happened. Which is likely what really happened.

What is a real shame, an utter shame on him, is the post match interview. Crap like (from memory, not quoting) "Anything can happen in a five setter, not always the best player wins". Or "I try to serve more to the lines, Rafa just tries to has his serve in, that's why I DF", or "he has advantages, I wish I was a leftie" are not the things you say when you accept your defeat. He is being childish, and lost in denial. The best player wins the fifth set, specially if the score is 6-2. Rafa 1st service always seeks the lines and corners. And we have not seen a #1 leftie since MacEnroe.

Compare that with Nadal interview after Wimbledon 2007. He was mentally and phisically destroyed, and it took him almost 10 months to win again. Yet he was all praise for Roger and never suggested anything about a fifth set not being won by the best. Or take Roddick from his own finals.
Quote:
The inhabitants of the Balearic Islands are said to have been the inventors of slings, and to have managed them with surprising dexterity, owing to the manner of bringing up their children. The children were not allowed to have their food by their mothers till they had first struck it with their sling.
~Vegetius, De Re Militari, late 4th century
Nadal: the last Balearic Slinger, the ultimate product of natural selection. Feel the weight of the centuries in the Topspin from Hell!
Bazooka is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #236
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
What is a real shame, an utter shame on him, is the post match interview. Crap like (from memory, not quoting) "Anything can happen in a five setter, not always the best player wins". Or "I try to serve more to the lines, Rafa just tries to has his serve in, that's why I DF", or "he has advantages, I wish I was a leftie" are not the things you say when you accept your defeat. He is being childish, and lost in denial. The best player wins the fifth set, specially if the score is 6-2. Rafa 1st service always seeks the lines and corners. And we have not seen a #1 leftie since MacEnroe.
It's no different that what Nadull always does. Nadull has an excuse for every loss.
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #237
country flag r3d_d3v1l_

r3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond repute

This thread doesnīt even make sense. He was humilliated in the French Open, he lost his opportunity to win 6 consecutives Wimbledon Slams and now he disappoints himself and his fans when he was so close to achieve Sampraīs 14 Slams record. The pressure was too high, everyone was there (the Legends), it was the moment and Federer couldnīt do his job. There were many factors that contributed to the mental breakdown of Fed. I cried with him because you could really feel the pain of Federer, he really wanted to lift the award, but he couldnīt... If this is not enough to make a man cry...

And of course, there are the accusations of Fed ruinning Nadalīs ceremony... He even took the opportunity to speak before Nadal, in that moment of despair, of sadness, he respected his opponentīs moment. I donīt have any doubts that Federer regreted crying, but the man of ice couldīnt control it. He loves to win too much. And who can blame him?

Thumbs Up for Nadal, even tough i donīt sympathize a lot with him he showed true sportsmanship in that awkward moment. It must have been really strange to Nadal to see Federer in that mindset. The moment of the hug was truly unique.

Last edited by r3d_d3v1l_ : 02-02-2009 at 09:27 PM.
r3d_d3v1l_ is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #238
country flag Jaz

Jaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Well, it really spoiled the glorious moment for many, including myself.

He is not to blame if he could not control his emotions and it just happened. Which is likely what really happened.

Compare that with Nadal interview after Wimbledon 2007. He was mentally and phisically destroyed, and it took him almost 10 months to win again. Yet he was all praise for Roger and never suggested anything about a fifth set not being won by the best. Or take Roddick from his own finals.
It spoiled your moment? I guess you forgot two people play the match, one lost and one won. For Federer it evidently meant more. For Nadal it doesn't matter he can play for another few years at full (or better) health. He will play atleast 12 more grandslams.

For Federer every loss brings him a barrage of haters, a barrage of "he should retire!" and a media journo's giving him pressure. Every loss brings "Federer can't beat Nadal". "Federer too old". "Federer won't break record". "Federer isn't GOAT". To be honest I would cry every time I lost if there was that kind of pressure.
Jaz is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #239
country flag DDrago2

DDrago2 has a reputation beyond reputeDDrago2 has a reputation beyond reputeDDrago2 has a reputation beyond reputeDDrago2 has a reputation beyond reputeDDrago2 has a reputation beyond reputeDDrago2 has a reputation beyond reputeDDrago2 has a reputation beyond reputeDDrago2 has a reputation beyond reputeDDrago2 has a reputation beyond reputeDDrago2 has a reputation beyond reputeDDrago2 has a reputation beyond repute

Federer was supposed to be a stoic type, the same in sharp pains and in joy. But he repeatedly teared down this image of himself and now again... and it's always AO where the most embarassing scenes happen

Australian Open
Roland Garros
JOKE SLAM
U.S. Open

Right word in the right moment - a glass of watter in the desert.
DDrago2 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #240
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

to be fair... dude cries when he wins too...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread