Fed's tears justified? - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Were Fed's tears justifeid?

Yes 201 62.42%
No 121 37.58%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #211
country flag Svetlana.

Svetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fed's tears justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIMBLY2004 View Post
Federer's tears only made me appreciate Rafa's personality more.
Same here... Nadal is a great guy.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #212
country flag Sean

Sean has a reputation beyond reputeSean has a reputation beyond reputeSean has a reputation beyond reputeSean has a reputation beyond reputeSean has a reputation beyond reputeSean has a reputation beyond reputeSean has a reputation beyond reputeSean has a reputation beyond reputeSean has a reputation beyond reputeSean has a reputation beyond reputeSean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igaarg View Post
Apologize for crying? Really? A multimillionare guy can´t have problemas, have feelings, be sad because has many? I think that point of view is pathetic.
He couldnt help Ok so why not afterwards say something like.....
"I was overcome with emotion out there and Im really sorry if it in anyway took away from Nadals moment, he truly deserved to win."

But he's not sorry he dosent care its all about him all the time. Like the Murray favorite thing the guy took such offense. People don't think he's the best anymore, he should deal with it.

FC Porto. Arsenal.

Del Potro. Murray. Nalbandian. Soderling. Useless Gil.
Sean is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #213
country flag Crazy Girl

Crazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
It was really low from Fed.
He's a 27 years old for God sake! If he wanted to cry so badly he could have done it in locker room.
Yes, if he could.....but, think a lot....., there was a prize-ceremony!!!
But, those "somethings stupid" are you dreaming at night?

You know...At this point you can place me in every "position" you like.

Also the little sheep (or doggy-style). As you prefer, Olderer.
Crazy Girl is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #214
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

Can't remember last time I saw anything as pathetic as Fed crying yesterday. Those WImby tears with JMac were kind of understandable more or less. It was Wimby, Feds ground so to speak, and it was the first time he lost something that big that he already had. I mean he could always say to himself I lost AO on account of mono or bad chicken or whatever. FO was never his in the first place so...

But this! I dunno,... I was like 'WTF is that?!' Could you be that much sorry for yourself, that your ambition (and there doesn't seem to be a bigger one AT ALL in the world) is to be unfulfilled? I mean you had it for sooo long, streaming the likes of Roddick in the finals and making fun of him, all from the upper hand position, than those remarks (Rafa a 1D player and so on)... than those rationalizations of his, that always leave the impression he thinks as if it was all up to him...

And as if that wasn't enough so he cries. BWAAAAA!! Call your mommy and sob to her cause youaint to be the GOAT! How freaking pathetic! Worse than when Blake Carrington found out he was his own father!

And Nadal.... now I'm really not fond of the word "class". In my language it associates me with something that my grandpa (a WW2 vet) told me people who though had it - were hanged... but this guy - Nadal - total and complete class. No comparison really. Reading Tony's interview the other day at Bodo's it all makes sense. It even appears Rafa actually felt sorry for Fed, like that hug and all was for real. How cool is that?! Totally cool.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #215
country flag Igaarg

Igaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
He couldnt help Ok so why not afterwards say something like.....
"I was overcome with emotion out there and Im really sorry if it in anyway took away from Nadals moment, he truly deserved to win."

But he's not sorry he dosent care its all about him all the time. Like the Murray favorite thing the guy took such offense. People don't think he's the best anymore, he should deal with it.
Just different points of view. He alredy said in the ceremony "I don´t want to have the last word, this guy really deserve it" or something like that, I think that was enough, and maybe not everybody believes that he took Rafa´s moment.
I don´t think is that easy being Roger Federer, to be dealing with all the things he has to deal with, too much pressure, it must be awful. Rafa is still in the pink part of the history, as Roger in the begining, let see what happens in a couple of years.
I still remember the press and a lot of people saying that Sampras was done, and then he shut everybody up.
Igaarg is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #216
country flag amonb

amonb has a reputation beyond reputeamonb has a reputation beyond reputeamonb has a reputation beyond reputeamonb has a reputation beyond reputeamonb has a reputation beyond reputeamonb has a reputation beyond reputeamonb has a reputation beyond reputeamonb has a reputation beyond reputeamonb has a reputation beyond reputeamonb has a reputation beyond reputeamonb has a reputation beyond repute

He was crying because he knows he will never win that 14th slam. Nadal will get there before he does!!!!!! And agree or disagree his tantrum ruined nadals moment!!!!
amonb is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #217
country flag kiwi10is

kiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond reputekiwi10is has a reputation beyond repute

What an old fashioned discussion! Why are men not allowed to show their feelings?? I love Roger for not hiding his tears. It shows how much this tournament means to him. To see that a player leaves his heart on the court makes tennis special! And receiving the trophy showed that Rafa is a great player but when he put his arm around Roger's shoulder he showed that he is a great champion also. Roger's tears didn't ruin Rafa's ceremony but made it even more special
kiwi10is is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #218
country flag Igaarg

Igaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond reputeIgaarg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonb View Post
He was crying because he knows he will never win that 14th slam. Nadal will get there before he does!!!!!! And agree or disagree his tantrum ruined nadals moment!!!!
and agree or disagree you have the last word? OK.
Igaarg is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #219
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Argh.

Nadull has no personality. I wonder how people have the guts to write something like that.

Was it pathetic that Frauderer cried? Yeah it was. Especially because he had the match in his hands and gave it away. Was it out of place? Of course. He should have cried during the match, after losing what? 15-16 break points?
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #220
country flag jenanun

jenanun has a reputation beyond reputejenanun has a reputation beyond reputejenanun has a reputation beyond reputejenanun has a reputation beyond reputejenanun has a reputation beyond reputejenanun has a reputation beyond reputejenanun has a reputation beyond reputejenanun has a reputation beyond reputejenanun has a reputation beyond reputejenanun has a reputation beyond reputejenanun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi10is View Post
What an old fashioned discussion! Why are men not allowed to show their feelings?? I love Roger for not hiding his tears. It shows how much this tournament means to him. To see that a player leaves his heart on the court makes tennis special! And receiving the trophy showed that Rafa is a great player but when he put his arm around Roger's shoulder he showed that he is a great champion also. Roger's tears didn't ruin Rafa's ceremony but made it even more special
but is tennis only about roger winning? so he cannot accept loss or praise his opponents. his feelings all about himself not winning the 14th....

he should show a little bit respect to his oppoonent, congratulate rafa.

so yes roger is a human, that's why he should be able to have a bit self control
jenanun is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #221
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Argh.

Nadull has no personality. I wonder how people have the guts to write something like that.

Was it pathetic that Frauderer cried? Yeah it was. Especially because he had the match in his hands and gave it away. Was it out of place? Of course. He should have cried during the match, after losing what? 15-16 break points?
You will learn as you mature kiddo.

Personality isnt about fancy TV interviews at Lenos, or crying --- "showing your emotions on a plate"... its about character. Its about knowing where you stand and who you are, and not being succeptible to changing of personality due to diff circumstances. That means you are who you are, you are a person, not a clown who changes faces to please somebody.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #222
country flag Crazy Girl

Crazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairWeatherFan View Post
The death of tennis is enough reason to cry. Seeing someone with Nadal's limited gamestyle having a realistic chance at winning the grand slam signals this death - decent enough human being Nadal may however be. A player whose style is only brute force, who would not even conceivably be a great player without the gigantic sweet spot on his raquet, triumphs over one of the greatest all-court players and artists tennis has seen.

You could tell by Laver's face that he wasn't happy about Nadal winning. Laver lavishes praise on FedererToo true! It was written in his face!!! - since when has he done the same to Nadal? It's like Laver said recently...the artistry has gone out of the sport. Men's tennis is going the way of the women's, just simply clubbing the ball. The only difference is the added topspin.Yes, ugly to see, but mortally efficient What rubbish professional tennis has become in the space of only ten years.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #223
country flag jcreback

jcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not reading through 12 pages, so sorry if this has already been said.

Fed couldn't speak and they were going to have Nadal speak first, but Federer mustered up enough to speak first, saying that Nadal deserved to speak last as the champ and he didn't want to ruin that for him.

If that doesn't show that Fed's heart is in the right place, you are living under a rock.
Champion: 2009: Como CH; 2010: Napoli CH; 2011: French Open
Finalist: 2010: Ostrava CH, Braunschweig CH
TT Doubles:
Champion: 2008: Como CH (w/hahaha7), Tashkent CH (w/Adder A216); 2009: Jersey CH (w/Adder A216); 2010: Caltanissetta CH (w/Adder A216); Athens CH (w/Adder A216); Milan CH (w/Adder A216); Napoli CH (w/Adder A216); Orleans CH (w/Adder A216)); 2011: Meknes CH (w/Adder A216)
Finalist: 2008: Tulsa CH (w/hahaha7); 2009: Wolfsburg CH (w/EnriqueIG8), Manerbio CH (w/dusan1610); Como CH (w/Adder A216); Champaign CH (w/Adder A216); 2010: Ostrava CH (w/Adder A216); Aptos CH (w/Exponente); Binghamton CH (w/Adder A216); 2011: Dallas CH (w/Adder A216)
jcreback is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #224
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenanun View Post
cannot accept loss or praise his opponents
This describes Mugboar (Nadull) perfectly.
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #225
country flag Crazy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcreback View Post
I'm not reading through 12 pages, so sorry if this has already been said.

Fed couldn't speak and they were going to have Nadal speak first, but Federer mustered up enough to speak first, saying that Nadal deserved to speak last as the champ and he didn't want to ruin that for him.

If that doesn't show that Fed's heart is in the right place, you are living under a rock.
Who are you baby.....? I am just falling in love with you!!!

Closed Thread