Fed's tears justified? - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Were Fed's tears justifeid?

Yes 201 62.42%
No 121 37.58%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 08:28 AM   #181
country flag FairWeatherFan

FairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fed's tears justified?

The death of tennis is enough reason to cry. Seeing someone with Nadal's limited gamestyle having a realistic chance at winning the grand slam signals this death - decent enough human being Nadal may however be. A player whose style is only brute force, who would not even conceivably be a great player without the gigantic sweet spot on his raquet, triumphs over one of the greatest all-court players and artists tennis has seen.

You could tell by Laver's face that he wasn't happy about Nadal winning. Laver lavishes praise on Federer - since when has he done the same to Nadal? It's like Laver said recently...the artistry has gone out of the sport. Men's tennis is going the way of the women's, just simply clubbing the ball. The only difference is the added topspin. What rubbish professional tennis has become in the space of only ten years.
FairWeatherFan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #182
country flag Laba

Laba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond reputeLaba has a reputation beyond repute

Boohoo.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:33 AM   #183
country flag crude oil

crude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond reputecrude oil has a reputation beyond repute

federer couldn't control himself. But he should of.

instead of talking about how well nadal played and how tough he was, its all about federer's tears. but rafa was never one to crave the spotlight.

after all federer is the favorite, no?
crude oil is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #184
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairWeatherFan View Post
The death of tennis is enough reason to cry. Seeing someone with Nadal's limited gamestyle having a realistic chance at winning the grand slam signals this death - decent enough human being Nadal may however be. A player whose style is only brute force, who would not even conceivably be a great player without the gigantic sweet spot on his raquet, triumphs over one of the greatest all-court players and artists tennis has seen.

You could tell by Laver's face that he wasn't happy about Nadal winning. Laver lavishes praise on Federer - since when has he done the same to Nadal? It's like Laver said recently...the artistry has gone out of the sport. Men's tennis is going the way of the women's, just simply clubbing the ball. The only difference is the added topspin. What rubbish professional tennis has become in the space of only ten years.
I agree. Though tennis basically died in July 2008. This was just more dirt on the grave.
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #185
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

I think Roger wishes with all of his heart he hadn't reacted the way that he did, he tried hard to control the tears, but just couldn't.

You could see it coming when he was sitting down, he was crying then (unlike the FO or Wimby 08), Rod Laver came to comfort him, Roger shook his hand but was generally unresponsive and couldn't smile at him - you could see he was trying to get a handle on his emotions, I just knew this would end in massive tears.

People who were at the match said behind him were a massive amount of people chanting his name, saying "I love you", etc, etc. He said in the Swiss interview the whole ceremony took a long time, in face of the warmth from the crowd he had a tough time getting composed, getting the runner-up plate from a (visibly upset) Laver completely devestated him.

Rafa's muted celebration at the FO wasn't because of anything Roger did, Roger was sad, but very reserved, Rafa acted out of respect, not beacuse Roger made it sad for him, Roger even cracked a joke in the speech.

Rafa celebrated Wimby 08 in a pretty big way, so it isn't like it's the 1000 time Roger ruins a ceremony for Rafa.

And I dare say that if Andy Roddick burst in tears during a ceremony, Roger would go pat on his back as well, and low-key the celebrations. Other than the fall backwards (which Rafa did), Roger isn't exactly one to jump all over the arena, he doesn't even go over to his box like the rest of them do, he never did it.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 09:05 AM   #186
country flag Magenta

Magenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond repute

I say bring on the crocodile tears. I haven't had such a laugh in a while.

I felt a little embarrassed for him to be honest.
Magenta is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #187
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan_2007 View Post
Do you just live in a negativity bubble?
Do you live in between Fedmug and Nadull's asses?

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #188
country flag nanoman

nanoman has a reputation beyond reputenanoman has a reputation beyond reputenanoman has a reputation beyond reputenanoman has a reputation beyond reputenanoman has a reputation beyond reputenanoman has a reputation beyond reputenanoman has a reputation beyond reputenanoman has a reputation beyond reputenanoman has a reputation beyond reputenanoman has a reputation beyond reputenanoman has a reputation beyond repute

Federer was acting like a big baby who doesn't receive his candy. If I was Nadal I would've make fun of him.
:Nadal - Roddick - Murray
nanoman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #189
country flag Mohammad

Mohammad has a reputation beyond reputeMohammad has a reputation beyond reputeMohammad has a reputation beyond reputeMohammad has a reputation beyond reputeMohammad has a reputation beyond reputeMohammad has a reputation beyond reputeMohammad has a reputation beyond reputeMohammad has a reputation beyond reputeMohammad has a reputation beyond reputeMohammad has a reputation beyond reputeMohammad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoman View Post
Federer was acting like a big baby who doesn't receive his candy.

FED = The selfishest man in the whole world
Mohammad is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #190
tennisvideos

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond reputetennisvideos has a reputation beyond reputetennisvideos has a reputation beyond reputetennisvideos has a reputation beyond reputetennisvideos has a reputation beyond reputetennisvideos has a reputation beyond reputetennisvideos has a reputation beyond reputetennisvideos has a reputation beyond reputetennisvideos has a reputation beyond reputetennisvideos has a reputation beyond reputetennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by biological View Post
wtf? he was devastated, he'd just lost a match he could have won, to the guy he can't seem to beat lately, in front of his childhood hero, and he was physically and emotionally drained. he didn't cry after Wimbledon, let him cry now. I think it's quite clear that he wasn't trying to steal Rafa's thunder

have some fucking empathy, all of you who criticise him for displaying natural human emotion.
I agree completely. I love that Roger can be natural and express himself. Why many in society try to condemn the expression of emotions I have no idea. I thought it was a wonderful moment and thank heavens Roger didn't try to bottle it up like a stiff.

Fave players: .. Seles .. Hingis .. Serena .. Venus .. Molik .. Stosur .. Sharapova .. Federer .. Roddick .. Hewitt .. Haas .. Rafter .. Safin ..
70s: Evonne Goolagong .. Francoise Durr .. Chris Evert .. Margaret Court .. Nancy Richey .. Maria Bueno .. Billie-Jean King .. Virginia Wade .. Ken Rosewall .. Rod Laver ..
Entertainers: .. Diana Ross .. Dionne Warwick .. Shirley Bassey .. Roberta Flack .. Randy Crawford .. Burt Bacharach .. ABBA .. Woody Allen .. Maggie Smith .. Gena Rowlands .. Judy Davis .. Heath Ledger .. Little Britain ..
Inspiration: .. Jeshua Ben Josepth .. A Course in Miracles .. Conversations with God .. Abraham with Esther & Jerry Hicks ..
tennisvideos is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #191
bad gambler

No
View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #192
country flag MurrayFan1

MurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond repute

The tears were justified.

And this not the death of tennis. If tennis is not suppossed to be competitive, then yeah, it is then.

READING FC

MurrayFan1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #193
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairWeatherFan View Post

If that is the case stop watching tennis ffs and stop complaining.
View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #194
country flag rafa_maniac

rafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond repute

Were they "justified"?? What kind of a question is that? Federer obviously felt they were to act the way he did, noone else can judge that.

Were they "appropriate" for that moment? No, not really. The trophy ceremony is meant to be a celebration of the winner's success ASWELL AS the finalist (they receive a trophy too after all), and not a moment for the loser to wallow in self pity. Almost every other finalist ever has managed to compose themselves in that moment despite how horribly they must be feeling internally, and like it or lump it, it did mute the celebration of Rafa's victory, you could see it in Rafa's face, you can read it on this forum, you can witness it in the news reports today....

But such is sport, it's a volatile, emotional human pursuit and these things happen, Federer obviously couldn't help the tears, and at the end of the day Rafa still won and Federer still lost, so I don't let myself get too hung up about it
Old 02-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #195
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Frankly, I find it pathetic. This is the same guy who only a few days ago had no problem finishing a point at the net with his head against a youngster whom he utterly destroyed, but when he loses he suddenly becomes human and everyone should feel for him. Either be human all the time or suck it up.
oranges is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread