Fed's tears justified? - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Were Fed's tears justifeid?

Yes 201 62.42%
No 121 37.58%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 01:46 AM   #151
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fed's tears justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan_2007 View Post
Well well, it sure didn't take long for the long knives to come out. None of you will achieve 0.1% of Federer's greatness and you presume to judge the man's few shed tears in the face of a soul-crushing loss. Pure haters, there is no other explanation.
Did Nadal cry when he lost to Federer in the Wimbledon finals in 05 & 06 when he came so close? Nope.

Did Roddick cry when he lost to Federer after giving it his all at the Wimbledon 04 finals + Wimbly 05/USO 06 when he was CONSTANTLY losing to Fererer? Nope.

Roger needs to grow up, plain and simple. Ever since Nadal knocked him off the top spot and he started to really struggle at the start of 2008 he has been a grouch and simply cannot accept the fact that he is not the favorite anymore and often times he is going in as the 3rd or 4th favorite behind Djokovic and Murray at times.

Havok is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009, 01:49 AM   #152
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naldo View Post
Did Nadal cry when he lost to Federer in the Wimbledon finals in 05 & 06 when he came so close? Nope.

Did Roddick cry when he lost to Federer after giving it his all at the Wimbledon 04 finals + Wimbly 05/USO 06 when he was CONSTANTLY losing to Fererer? Nope.

Roger needs to grow up, plain and simple. Ever since Nadal knocked him off the top spot and he started to really struggle at the start of 2008 he has been a grouch and simply cannot accept the fact that he is not the favorite anymore and often times he is going in as the 3rd or 4th favorite behind Djokovic and Murray at times.
You lack one ounce of compassion in your body. Anyone who understands Roger knows that he did not try to upstage Nadal in the ceremony in a "look at me" type of thing. It's your pure hatred of the man that twists everything.
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 01:59 AM   #153
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan_2007 View Post
You lack one ounce of compassion in your body. Anyone who understands Roger knows that he did not try to upstage Nadal in the ceremony in a "look at me" type of thing. It's your pure hatred of the man that twists everything.
That's true, when he went up to the mike a second time, he said he's going to give it another try because Rafa should have the last word.

Roger's tears were awkward, yes, but people are being too harsh on him. Everyone's different, this guy gets emotional. Big deal.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:04 AM   #154
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLamb View Post
That's true, when he went up to the mike a second time, he said he's going to give it another try because Rafa should have the last word.

Roger's tears were awkward, yes, but people are being too harsh on him. Everyone's different, this guy gets emotional. Big deal.
The way I look at the whole is like a Greek tragedy. Who wouldn't shed some tears? Are we supposed to not weep for Hector because Achilles is so brutal and strong?
Old 02-02-2009, 02:19 AM   #155
country flag mariposa_azul87

mariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond reputemariposa_azul87 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Fed's tears justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Tennis doesn't win with those awful matches and bullshit scenes.

Thanks for letting people know you're not a serious fan.

No real tennis fan can be a fan of both players.
I was doing it all for you lol
mariposa_azul87 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 02:21 AM   #156
country flag FedFan_2007

I have to admit I engaged in many idiotic displays over the last 2 years on this forum. I am regretting every instance of it now because it just fuels all the other idiots on this board. Too bad MTF couldn't be a place to rationally discuss tennis, instead it's just "Fanboi wars".
Old 02-02-2009, 02:28 AM   #157
country flag MarcelJordan

MarcelJordan has a reputation beyond reputeMarcelJordan has a reputation beyond reputeMarcelJordan has a reputation beyond reputeMarcelJordan has a reputation beyond reputeMarcelJordan has a reputation beyond reputeMarcelJordan has a reputation beyond reputeMarcelJordan has a reputation beyond reputeMarcelJordan has a reputation beyond reputeMarcelJordan has a reputation beyond reputeMarcelJordan has a reputation beyond reputeMarcelJordan has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Fed cried because he had people (and a lot of them) cheering for him during the match. Yes, he was disappointed and disheartened but even more so when he had most of the support. He was quick to finally state how much Rafa deserved the win. Case closed. Nadal the Champ and that was the final word.
MarcelJordan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 02:39 AM   #158
country flag FedFan_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcelJordan View Post
I thought Fed cried because he had people (and a lot of them) cheering for him during the match. Yes, he was disappointed and disheartened but even more so when he had most of the support. He was quick to finally state how much Rafa deserved the win. Case closed. Nadal the Champ and that was the final word.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:40 AM   #159
country flag swebright

swebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond repute

He was devastated. He's going to cry like that anyway; in the locker room or bath tub or in the toilet. It's just how much he cares.

Common...... I have never seen other tennis players/champs face similar situation like Roger. They would have QUIT by this time (you know who[s]), unlike Roger who keeps on playing like an energizer bunny. It is even to a point of humiliating but there's nothing to be ashamed of. It shows his mental weakness against Nadal but no need to put him down like as if he hasn't achieved anything.

Bandwagoners. After Nadal has achieved similar numbers, we will talk again.
swebright is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 02:43 AM   #160
country flag FedFan_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebright View Post
He was devastated. He's going to cry like that anyway; in the locker room or bath tub or in the toilet. It's just how much he cares.

Common...... I have never seen other tennis players/champs face similar situation like Roger. They would have QUIT by this time (you know who[s]), unlike Roger who keeps on playing like an energizer bunny. It is even to a point of humiliating but there's nothing to be ashamed of. It shows his mental weakness against Nadal but no need to put him down like as if he hasn't achieved anything.

Bandwagoners. After Nadal has achieved similar numbers, we will talk again.
One could make the case for Nadal as GOAT already. #1, Won slams on all surfaces(grass, clay, hard). Olympic gold medal, Davis Cup titles. I think given that Nadal HAS won everything once, it will be interesting to see how his motivation stays the same.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:48 AM   #161
country flag meihaditalab

meihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddickominator View Post
Nadal understood that Federer was only crying because he knew he'd have to go home to fat Mirka and get flattened tonight. I'm sure he took no offense.
LMFAOOOOOOO. wow, good call. You could see throughout the whole game the 2 million dollars in Mirka's eyes. And when Federer lost and started crying at the ceremony... She didn't show any emotions and just put her hand on top of her mouth... Plus I'm sure Rafa pretended he felt bad for Fed. LOL

Rafael Nadal :
1 Australian Open
1 Wimbledon
4 French Open
1 Olympic title
6 MAJOR TITLES --> 22 years old
meihaditalab is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:00 AM   #162
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

they were but i wish he hadnt, he has shown cracks and it will be hard for him to ever come back from it

its doing things like this that are killing his aura with other players, and he'll find it harder and harder even just getting to GS finals nevermind making finals and trying to beat Nadal

worst thing is he didnt need to show that, a few better points here and there and he coulda beaten Nadal with utter ease today.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:02 AM   #163
country flag FedFan_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
they were but i wish he hadnt, he has shown cracks and it will be hard for him to ever come back from it

its doing things like this that are killing his aura with other players, and he'll find it harder and harder even just gertting to GS finals nevermind making finals and trying to beat Nadal

worst thing is he didnt need to show that, a few better points here and there and he coulda beaten Nadal with utter ease today.
There are a few schools of thought on showing emotion publicly. Obviously someone like Djokovic(?) will sense blood in the water. OTOH, I don't know how Djoko's 7 retirements isn't MUCH worse then Fed's little cry after losing a GS Final. One thing for sure, he's officially entered Andy Roddick's personal hell.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:02 AM   #164
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

the stuff about it being pansy behaviour is just pure bullcrap

if you wanna talk about pansies look at the players who take to court with Nadal, win around 6 games and smile, hug and worship him at the end like they should be almost grateful to him for the lesson

props to Verdasco, Fed this week
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:05 AM   #165
country flag FedFan_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
the stuff about it being pansy behaviour is just pure bullcrap

if you wanna talk about pansies look at the players who take to court with Nadal, win around 6 games and smile, hug and worship him at the end like they should be almost grateful to him for the lesson

props to Verdasco, Fed this week
However, how much criticism have Fed's victims received for their graciousness in losing? This is a very fine line we're dealing with here, between being just classy enough and being an absolute jerk like a Connors.
Closed Thread