Ordering A New Racquet Help? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-30-2009, 03:37 AM   #1
country flag dRaGGin loW

dRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ordering A New Racquet Help?

Ok so I'm on tennis-warehouse and I'm ordering my new racquet and I'm unsure how to measure the grip size. Sorry I'm kinda slow and dimwitted after the work day lol.

I did they're guide and measured from the bottom lateral crease to the tip of my finger and it comes out to 4 inches. What size grip should I be ordering?

And for String. Any suggestions. The racquet is a Dunlop Aerogel 500 Tour. And I'm looking for strong hits from the baseline. And any suggestion on tension?

And sorry appologizing for the noobish questions!!! Please help me MTF this is my first time ordering a racquet online lol

Tennis Favorites:
*Andy Roddick
*James Blake
*Gilles Simon
dRaGGin loW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2009, 07:31 AM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ordering A New Racquet Help?

i never measure grip size that way, but i believe you would want a size 4.

with regards to string, if you want to be hitting hard from the baseline, a polyester may be a good option, as they are stiffer and provide you with more control. well known examples are luxilon alu power and babolat pro hurricane, but other brands made good polys as well and are a little cheaper. or you could try a hybrid of a polyester and synthetic gut/multifilament, this will still give the control but add a little comfort as well
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
country flag dRaGGin loW

dRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond reputedRaGGin loW has a reputation beyond repute

Think I should stick to the string tension it has listed on the site? It lists 55-65psi. I guess 60 would be wise? Thanks for the help so far jazar!

Tennis Favorites:
*Andy Roddick
*James Blake
*Gilles Simon
Old 01-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #4
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

if you do go for a polyester, then i would go more towards 55 than 60
Old 01-31-2009, 03:57 AM   #5
country flag dRaGGin loW

On the order page for sizes it only has
(1/8)
(1/4)
(3/8)
(1/2)
(5/8)
as the sizes. I'm assuming I should go for the one closest to a solid number? So 1/8??

Tennis Favorites:
*Andy Roddick
*James Blake
*Gilles Simon
Old 01-31-2009, 08:09 AM   #6
country flag jazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaGGin loW View Post
On the order page for sizes it only has
(1/8)
(1/4)
(3/8)
(1/2)
(5/8)
as the sizes. I'm assuming I should go for the one closest to a solid number? So 1/8??
its (1/2) you want
Old 01-31-2009, 03:42 PM   #7
country flag dRaGGin loW

Sweet thanks so much for the help with this and putting up with my stupid questions lol

Tennis Favorites:
*Andy Roddick
*James Blake
*Gilles Simon