Introduce yourself thread - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 03-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #106
country flag Dini
.
 
Dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dreamland
Age: 23
Posts: 19,152
Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celaeno View Post
Idk actually, I'll go try that now.

I'll give you the pic anyway, because even if mine works, it's only a makeshift attempt - I'm sure enrolling your services would produce a much better result



If it's an awkward pic to icon, I'm sure I could find another. Thanks so much for this Nadine, it's really sweet of you to help me out like this, especially seeing as I'm so new.
You're welcome Eve . This is like a hobby for me, I love playing around with pics . I'll try to do something special with that pic, and I have a few more avatars that you might like so that you have the opportunity to change it every now and then. I'll send you a PM when they are done, which will hopefully be tmrw afternoon after I'm back from college.
__________________
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won."
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #107
country flag Celaeno
Registered User
 
Celaeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 295
Celaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
You're welcome Eve . This is like a hobby for me, I love playing around with pics . I'll try to do something special with that pic, and I have a few more avatars that you might like so that you have the opportunity to change it every now and then. I'll send you a PM when they are done, which will hopefully be tmrw afternoon after I'm back from college.
Oh, I wish it I could play around like that, it looks like great fun and a great artistic outlet. Sadly I am without the wonders of photoshop

Yay! I look forward to the PM, which will actually be perfect timing, seeing as that's when I get back from college too. Don't feel like you're under any pressure, though. Tbh you could take a month then present me with a badly drawn smiley face, and I'd still think it was awesome, simply because the gesture is so kind.
Celaeno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:12 AM   #108
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,910
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

Hello, Eve, and welcome to the forum!

Very nice to read your extensive introduction. I see you are a Juanqui-fan as well... - and besides that, it's always very nice (at least it is to me... ) to see a Roger-fan joining the board who is able to express her respect and admiration for Rafa.
__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:58 AM   #109
country flag EternalxJourney
Registered User
 
EternalxJourney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,811
EternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celaeno View Post
Idk actually, I'll go try that now.

I'll give you the pic anyway, because even if mine works, it's only a makeshift attempt - I'm sure enrolling your services would produce a much better result



If it's an awkward pic to icon, I'm sure I could find another. Thanks so much for this Nadine, it's really sweet of you to help me out like this, especially seeing as I'm so new.
Is it just me or is that pic super uber HQ?
EternalxJourney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:52 AM   #110
country flag biological
Registered User
 
biological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 2,385
biological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celaeno View Post
Thank you for reading

Glad you agree about the French, it is indeed lovely, though tbh I'm not very good at it I also think our experiences of Wimbledon must be pretty similar then, because while I did go a little mental over that match it was a while longer before I became a serious fan. I think that was about spring of last year.

Of course! What's not to love about Janko?
yes, that does sound similar I started watching seriously at Wimbly 08 () though I had seen the RG final that year too (). I'm very glad I got into it before the summer so I could see Rogi and Stan win gold on my birthday

Janko is very loveable I actually started learning Serbian because of him, because it sounded so cool when he spoke it, but it's not going too well (seven grammar cases ).

don't know if I've said this before or if you've picked it up anyway, but I'm Sophie
__________________
ROGER & JANKO & LE MAGICIEN & Stan & A-Rod & Novak & Rafa
biological is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #111
country flag Celaeno
Registered User
 
Celaeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 295
Celaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalxJourney View Post
Is it just me or is that pic super uber HQ?
I'm not sure actually, I'm still stuck on, "omg pretty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Hello, Eve, and welcome to the forum!

Very nice to read your extensive introduction. I see you are a Juanqui-fan as well... - and besides that, it's always very nice (at least it is to me... ) to see a Roger-fan joining the board who is able to express her respect and admiration for Rafa.
Hello again Karin, glad you enjoyed my ramblings

I can't claim to be a huge Juanqui fan, but I do have a big soft spot for him, and support him whenever I can. I member I was about 12 when I first saw him play, and I'll never forget the Spanish fans chanting, "Carlos Fah-rer-ro!" It's kind of a sentimental thing

And yeah, Rafa's lovely. I think he's got great spirit, both as a player a human being. If it wasn't for Roger, who knows, he might even be one of my faves! As it is, I can't say I'm a Fedal fan, but I do think their relationship is a very intriguing and beautiful thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by biological View Post
yes, that does sound similar I started watching seriously at Wimbly 08 () though I had seen the RG final that year too (). I'm very glad I got into it before the summer so I could see Rogi and Stan win gold on my birthday

Janko is very loveable I actually started learning Serbian because of him, because it sounded so cool when he spoke it, but it's not going too well (seven grammar cases ).

don't know if I've said this before or if you've picked it up anyway, but I'm Sophie
Oooh, Golden Federinka was on your birthday? That must have been wonderful! Roger must have made an extra effort, just for you

Oh, he is. And intelligent, and well spoken, and funny, and talented, and adorable, andandand. Yes. The Serbian sounds scarily difficult , but hang in there, it means when you finally meet him you can wish him good luck in his native tongue

Hee yes, I did know, but if it's okay to use it then cool, thanks Sophie!
Celaeno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #112
country flag biological
Registered User
 
biological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 2,385
biological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celaeno View Post
Oooh, Golden Federinka was on your birthday? That must have been wonderful! Roger must have made an extra effort, just for you

Oh, he is. And intelligent, and well spoken, and funny, and talented, and adorable, andandand. Yes. The Serbian sounds scarily difficult , but hang in there, it means when you finally meet him you can wish him good luck in his native tongue

Hee yes, I did know, but if it's okay to use it then cool, thanks Sophie!
it was very wonderful and yes, I think my happy vibes got them their medals to be honest I was jumping up and down I was so excited

he is all of those things yes if only we could add consistent to the list I am continuing with Serbian, so we shall see how it goes. I guess if I learn the marriage vows I'll be pretty set for when I meet him

it is very much okay call me anything you like in fact (although I am very sensitive and my feelings are easily hurt )
__________________
ROGER & JANKO & LE MAGICIEN & Stan & A-Rod & Novak & Rafa
biological is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #113
country flag Celaeno
Registered User
 
Celaeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 295
Celaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by biological View Post
it was very wonderful and yes, I think my happy vibes got them their medals to be honest I was jumping up and down I was so excited

he is all of those things yes if only we could add consistent to the list I am continuing with Serbian, so we shall see how it goes. I guess if I learn the marriage vows I'll be pretty set for when I meet him

it is very much okay call me anything you like in fact (although I am very sensitive and my feelings are easily hurt )
Well in that case I thank you and your happy vibes

God, yes to the consistency. More of that please. And perhaps some capable-of-beating-Cilic too, hmm? From what I hear it's all that philosophy messing with his head, which bizzarely just makes me love him even more

I'm the same actually, so don't worry, I won't be calling you any naughty names. Unless you want me to, of course
Celaeno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #114
country flag juninhOH
Registered User
 
juninhOH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 28
Posts: 1,630
juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

welcome Eve, I thought your introduction was really nice
juninhOH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:34 PM   #115
country flag :Zaz:
Registered User
 
:Zaz:'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Espagne
Posts: 2,617
:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

How do I possibly follow Eve's beautiful introduction?!!
:Zaz: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:39 PM   #116
country flag Dini
.
 
Dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dreamland
Age: 23
Posts: 19,152
Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaz-12 View Post
How do I possibly follow Eve's beautiful introduction?!!
Go on give it a go
__________________
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won."
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #117
country flag Celaeno
Registered User
 
Celaeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 295
Celaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

*peers out of lurkdom* Is that my name I hear?

Honestly, juninhOH and Zaz (or Mia, if that's okay) you are both far too kind. T'was just a bit of rambling. Thank you, still

And Mia, I'm with Nadine on this one - go on ahead, I'd love to know more about you. Especially since you're a fellow Fed-Safin fan from Ireland
Celaeno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:54 PM   #118
country flag Dini
.
 
Dini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dreamland
Age: 23
Posts: 19,152
Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celaeno View Post
*peers out of lurkdom* Is that my name I hear?

Honestly, juninhOH and Zaz (or Mia, if that's okay) you are both far too kind. T'was just a bit of rambling. Thank you, still

And Mia, I'm with Nadine on this one - go on ahead, I'd love to know more about you. Especially since you're a fellow Fed-Safin fan from Ireland
Hello there Eve ...I did think you were hiding there somewhere .

How's your day been?
__________________
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won."
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #119
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,910
Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread



Quote:
Originally Posted by Celaeno View Post
I can't claim to be a huge Juanqui fan, but I do have a big soft spot for him, and support him whenever I can. I member I was about 12 when I first saw him play, and I'll never forget the Spanish fans chanting, "Carlos Fah-rer-ro!" It's kind of a sentimental thing
I'd just like to ramble on a little bit more on my Juanqui-love.
Like you, I've always had a soft spot for El Mosquito - because of his exquisite clay court tennis when he was the world's #1, his looks (yeah, I think he's truly handsome), but most of all - his personality!

He's still on the tour - I always admire it if players have a long-living career, it shows me that they care for and like their sport, and not *bolt out* when things get rough (of course, this excludes those players who were forced to retire because of injuries!).
He seems to be a rather smart one, who's already started thinking about his post-tennis career very early - he's now a businessman and involved in building tourist resorts, or so I have read.
And most of all: he has a refreshing 'F**K Y**!'-attitude when it's due!
Remember his reaction to the Round-Robin-Fiasco? He was already on the plane when he found out that due to the :retard:-RR-experiment, he was still in the tournament. Did he bother to come back? No way...
Another fantastic case: last year with the WCs in the TMC Madrid. He, a Spaniard, and a former #1, was denied one at first - and then someone else dropped out (I think it was Safin, but I'm not sure about that) - and he still got one offered to him. Well of course, he didn't take it.

So, brains, guts & personality - a man to my heart.

Quote:
And yeah, Rafa's lovely. I think he's got great spirit, both as a player a human being. If it wasn't for Roger, who knows, he might even be one of my faves! As it is, I can't say I'm a Fedal fan, but I do think their relationship is a very intriguing and beautiful thing
Roger is my firm #1 (especially since the end of 2007), but I fully agree with you, on all accounts .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaz-12 View Post
How do I possibly follow Eve's beautiful introduction?!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Go on give it a go
Seconded!

PS, Nadine, will try to answer your PM tonight or tomorrow. I had a LOT to answer this evening...
__________________
"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #120
country flag Celaeno
Registered User
 
Celaeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 295
Celaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Hello there Eve ...I did think you were hiding there somewhere .

How's your day been?
Hellooo there!

Damn, can't get anything past you I have been hiding a bit over the past couple of days. Been pretty overwhelmed by this sudden flood of Roger and Roger news and Roger drama - I think any posts longer than a sentence or two would have been gibberish

My day's been grand, thanks. Just been catching up on all the tennis talk, and getting to grips with my new laptop. Also watching lots of Roger/Mirka vids on said laptop (can't imagine why) and, uhm. Getting a little weepy

How are things with you?
Celaeno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios