Introduce yourself thread - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:02 AM   #91
country flag EternalxJourney

EternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88 View Post
Hola, Pilar!! Bienvenida al foro de Rogelio! Donde vives en Espana (uno de mis paises favoritos, con la Suiza)? Es dificil ser fan de Rogelio en un pais donde Rafa es dios??
I want to know the answer to this as well. Good Q, RogiFan.
EternalxJourney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #92
country flag Celaeno

Celaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone

I've posted a wee bit on the fangirl thread, but I thought I should come here and introduce myself properly.

My name is Eve and I'm a student living in the UK. I study 3 subjects - French because it's a beautiful language, and I'd quite like to try living there one day. English Literature, because reading and creative writing are two of my favourite hobbies. And music, because I adore pretty much everything about it, and also play the piano and the harp. I also love film, cooking (asian cuisine), knitting, cartoons (because I'm 6, really), and long, long walks in parks, forests or National Trust areas. My dream is to one day visit Iceland.

I think I'm relatively new, in tennis-fan terms, though oddly I can't seem to remember a life where constant stress, first serve percentages and 2am livestreams weren't a regular fixture! I've been following since Wimbly 07, when I just happened to flick over to the men's final. It astounded me how involved and emotional I became over this match, given that I barely knew anything about either player apart from the fact that the guy with the pretty hair was no.1 and kept winning everything. The moment Roger Federer collapsed onto the grass of centre court, I was sold. Haven't looked back since.

It is for that sentimental reason, and the fact that's he's, ahem, indescribablybeautiful, that Roger is and will always be my favourite player. His 2008 season, in particular, has made a real impact on me and the way I try to live my life, because of the tremendous heart and courage he showed despite many setbacks. Reading over that I realise it sounds a little silly, but maybe I'm just a sucker for that kind of thing. Being a Fed fan does not mean I overlook other players, though - in fact I follow many on the tour. I love Marat Safin - though who doesn't? - and will genuinely be gutted when he retires later this year. Also on the list are Janko Tipsarevic, Fernando Verdasco (since before AO/DC/Ana, actually ) Juan Carlos Ferrero (he was the first player I ever saw live, back when I was little), Mario Ančić, Ernests Gulbis, Simone Bolelli, Andreas Seppi, Jonathan Eysseric, David Ferrer, Marco Chiudinelli (), Michael Lammer, Yves Allegro, in fact pretty much the entire Swiss DC team. (On that note, good luck guys! You're going to need it ) I also have a lot of respect and admiration for Rafael Nadal, despite having to constantly associate him with tears and heartbreak

So I think that's it. If you managed to read through the whole thing (all 500,000 words), then thank'ee kindly

Last edited by Celaeno : 03-04-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Celaeno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #93
country flag biological

biological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond repute

lovely intro Eve, thank you

I totally agree about French, it is beautiful and also about Wimbly 07 - that was the first match I seriously watched and I too felt very emotionally involved despite knowing hardly anything about Roger or Rafa. it took a while longer for me to get hooked but that was the beginning for me I think

nice to see another Janko fan too
Old 03-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #94
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Eve. You have already made a massive impression but it was nice to know more about you. And I absolutely love Super Mario .

Loved reading that, thank you. Enjoy your stay on the magnificent Federer Express.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #95
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

welcome eve

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #96
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
Mikey
rita

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #97
country flag Celaeno

Celaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by biological View Post
lovely intro Eve, thank you

I totally agree about French, it is beautiful and also about Wimbly 07 - that was the first match I seriously watched and I too felt very emotionally involved despite knowing hardly anything about Roger or Rafa. it took a while longer for me to get hooked but that was the beginning for me I think

nice to see another Janko fan too
Thank you for reading

Glad you agree about the French, it is indeed lovely, though tbh I'm not very good at it I also think our experiences of Wimbledon must be pretty similar then, because while I did go a little mental over that match it was a while longer before I became a serious fan. I think that was about spring of last year.

Of course! What's not to love about Janko?

Last edited by Celaeno : 03-04-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #98
country flag Celaeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Welcome Eve. You have already made a massive impression but it was nice to know more about you. And I absolutely love Super Mario .

Loved reading that, thank you. Enjoy your stay on the magnificent Federer Express.
Aww, thank you Nadine (Hope I can call you that!) I did suspect a half-nekkid Roger would stand me in good stead

And Super Mario is damn super, so glad you agree! Just wish I got to see a little more of him

Thanks again for the welcome, I'm sure I'll enjoy my stay with all you lovely people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita View Post
welcome eve
Thank you, Rita
Old 03-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #99
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Eve!!
clever1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #100
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celaeno View Post
Aww, thank you Nadine (Hope I can call you that!) I did suspect a half-nekkid Roger would stand me in good stead

And Super Mario is damn super, so glad you agree! Just wish I got to see a little more of him

Thanks again for the welcome, I'm sure I'll enjoy my stay with all you lovely people
It sure did, I guess its called making an entrance with a bang . Of course you can call me Nadine , you probably will have noticed that we call each other by the real names- I think it gives it all a sense of friendliness and belonging.

And yeah the Mario mono was really, really, really and I mean REALLY tough to deal with as a fan especially last year, but I am glad he managed to do really well in Wimbledon all things considered. Wishing him the best in 09 .
Old 03-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #101
country flag Celaeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by clever1980 View Post
Hello Eve!!
Hello!

Quote:
It sure did, I guess its called making an entrance with a bang . Of course you can call me Nadine , you probably will have noticed that we call each other by the real names- I think it gives it all a sense of friendliness and belonging.

And yeah the Mario mono was really, really, really and I mean REALLY tough to deal with as a fan especially last year, but I am glad he managed to do really well in Wimbledon all things considered. Wishing him the best in 09 .
It does indeed, I think it's a lovely thing to do, makes the forum very welcoming. I'll try to conquer my shyness and use first names from now on

Oh, see I wasn't even a fan then, that must have been awful. And if I'm not mistaken another over your favourites suffered the same fate. Man, mono really decided to screw you over last year, didn't it?

He was brilliant in Wimbledon, really brilliant, it's just a shame he had to come up against Roger. Same for Marat in the semis. Roger knocked out a few of my guys last year. All I can say is, I hope it happens again
Old 03-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #102
country flag Dini

Quote:
Hello!

It does indeed, I think it's a lovely thing to do, makes the forum very welcoming. I'll try to conquer my shyness and use first names from now on

Oh, see I wasn't even a fan then, that must have been awful. And if I'm not mistaken another over your favourites suffered the same fate. Man, mono really decided to screw you over last year, didn't it?

He was brilliant in Wimbledon, really brilliant, it's just a shame he had to come up against Roger. Same for Marat in the semis. Roger knocked out a few of my guys last year. All I can say is, I hope it happens again
Yes, Mono decided to strike heavily on my faves last year . NinjaFed was in operation throughout the whole Wimby tourny, yes even during many moments in that final, its a shame he landed a bit short but like Rogi I am positive about the future- there is no point dwelling over spilt milk.

Was wondering if you were going to use an avatar picture? If you need help with it, there is an avatar, sig etc thread with brilliant avatars or you could ask me
Old 03-04-2009, 10:49 PM   #103
country flag Celaeno

Quote:
Yes, Mono decided to strike heavily on my faves last year . NinjaFed was in operation throughout the whole Wimby tourny, yes even during many moments in that final, its a shame he landed a bit short but like Rogi I am positive about the future- there is no point dwelling over spilt milk.

Was wondering if you were going to use an avatar picture? If you need help with it, there is an avatar, sig etc thread with brilliant avatars or you could ask me
I agree completely

Re the avatar, Nadine, you read my mind! I tried to upload one before posting, but it didn't work - despite me checking it was the right size about three times. I'm probably just forgetting to do something really simple.

There's a picture I have in mind, I just don't know what to do with it, unfortunately. So I suppose you could say I'd love some help
Old 03-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #104
country flag Dini

Quote:
I agree completely

Re the avatar, Nadine, you read my mind! I tried to upload one before posting, but it didn't work - despite me checking it was the right size about three times. I'm probably just forgetting to do something really simple.

There's a picture I have in mind, I just don't know what to do with it, unfortunately. So I suppose you could say I'd love some help
Have you saved the pic to your own files instead of a pic storing site like photobucket? It never works when I use the image URL's so I save the pic and then upload.

Go ahead, I'd love to help. What pic is it?
Old 03-04-2009, 11:06 PM   #105
country flag Celaeno

Quote:
Have you saved the pic to your own files instead of a pic storing site like photobucket? It never works when I use the image URL's so I save the pic and then upload.

Go ahead, I'd love to help. What pic is it?
Idk actually, I'll go try that now.

I'll give you the pic anyway, because even if mine works, it's only a makeshift attempt - I'm sure enrolling your services would produce a much better result

If it's an awkward pic to icon, I'm sure I could find another. Thanks so much for this Nadine, it's really sweet of you to help me out like this, especially seeing as I'm so new.