Introduce yourself thread - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #61
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

I'm interested too!! go go go!
juninhOH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #62
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty.k View Post
Thanks Well, what I mean is wrappers like this:

Collecting is a tradition in my family but I'm quite a practical person so I didn't want to collect anything huge, messy or something I'd have to go out of my way to get, and we've always drank a lot of tea so teabags were perfect. I keep them in pocket foils for hockey cards with black paper inside to bring out the colors, all that in albums. Well, I've been collecting for 11 years now so it HAS gotten huge, but it's fun and I get to meet a lot of people from all over the world thanks to exchanging I have paper, foil, plastic, cloth ones, ones sewn on a sewing machine,ones with spelling mistakes...

It sure isn't easy getting to tournaments, right? Sometimes I wish the tour had 2 to 3 patterns that would take turns every year. Something like the Summer and Winter Olympics, every second time the locations of tournaments would be different - one year Prague, the other Vienna, then Prague, then Vienna...
But our day will come!
Wow that is so cool!! I used to collect stamps, I have a lot of them now, but I stopped unfortunately. But this has given me thought of continuing my collection...
Old 02-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #63
country flag betty.k

betty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Wow that is so cool!! I used to collect stamps, I have a lot of them now, but I stopped unfortunately. But this has given me thought of continuing my collection...
Wow, stamps are a classic Do you specialize in a region or country or used ones/not used ones? A friend of mine collects what in Czech is called "celiny", the envelope with a legible stamp of the post office and the stamp. He's got loads!
betty.k is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #64
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty.k View Post
Wow, stamps are a classic Do you specialize in a region or country or used ones/not used ones? A friend of mine collects what in Czech is called "celiny", the envelope with a legible stamp of the post office and the stamp. He's got loads!
Most of my stamps are Swedish and others from the rest of the Scandinavian countries, old and new ones. I have stamps from nearly every Arabic country, and also loads of others that I ask my brother to bring when he travels, which is like every week!!! And of course British ones.

Need to get my stamp book out of the loft and remove the dust...time to collect again
Old 02-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #65
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute

I have Roger's stamp
I don't collect any stamps though.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #66
country flag biological

biological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juninhOH View Post
I have Roger's stamp
I don't collect any stamps though.
same for me it was on the envelope of the autographed postcard my mum got me for Christmas - there's a Swiss postmark too and it's hand addressed and everything
Old 02-04-2009, 02:07 AM   #67
country flag LBrock44

LBrock44 has a reputation beyond reputeLBrock44 has a reputation beyond reputeLBrock44 has a reputation beyond reputeLBrock44 has a reputation beyond reputeLBrock44 has a reputation beyond reputeLBrock44 has a reputation beyond reputeLBrock44 has a reputation beyond reputeLBrock44 has a reputation beyond reputeLBrock44 has a reputation beyond reputeLBrock44 has a reputation beyond reputeLBrock44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! I'm Leigh and I'm older than most of you, I think. LOL I am a teacher in Los Angeles, California, and also teach part time at a university. I've been involved in tennis since I was a junior, many, many years ago. I mean, think Tracy Austin and Chris Evert. That long.

I played college tennis, then went into teaching. I've also coached tennis on the high school level.

I continue to play tennis a few times a week. I mostly play in the 45s, where I can win occasionally. It's a great sport, a great stress reliever, and I love to be able to channel my competitiveness into something that I can do as a life-long endeavor.

I first saw Roger play when he was sixteen in the junior Orange Bowl tournament. He was, I believe, sixteen, but he won the 18s. He actually had blond hair during that tournament, so the first time I saw him play as a pro I thought he looked vaguely familiar but didn't put it together until I saw his name. Then I thought, it figures. That kid had a classic, flowing game even as a kid.

I am also into photography and look forward to being able to shoot the Indian Wells (BNP Paribas tourney, used to be called the Pacific Life Open)tournament this spring. It's the first time I will be able to get close enough (courtside) to actually take decent pictures. I can't wait.

I love this forum because the tennis fans here are pretty knowledgeable and can discuss the game with intelligence (for the most part). I look forward to seeing you all here as much as I can log in.
LBrock44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #68
country flag juninhOH

jesus im thinking about going to the US Open
Old 02-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #69
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juninhOH View Post
jesus im thinking about going to the US Open
you should go. i'm thinking about going to the french

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #70
country flag Obey.my.dreamz

Obey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond repute

Im new here as u can see,..And I actually joined this forum as i was searching some of 'his' videos( i dont have to say who do i think about,. rite? ^^).I am kinda new in tennis, I started watching it in 2007 Miami when Novak started getting through, and I as a serb, had to watch that ^^,.. so,.. I haven't even known who that roger is that everybody was talking about,.. I saw rafa , and i pictured him as a best player and couldnt imagine a guy that ownz him,..he must be looking like a giant with a 100kg biceps ,.. but no,... i saw his game and i got amazed by the cleanse of his game,.. but still at 2007 us open final I was cheering Novak,.. and I was rly sad when he lost ,.. but the second I saw Roger lift the trophy,..with the 'Simply the Best' song in the background by Tina Turner,.. I realized that was the last moment i cheered against R.F. !!
So from that moment I was really learning alot about tennis since Federer became my favorite athlete ever to play any sport... so now,. i know alot about tennis and am hoping to share some thoughts with you all here since I see y'all know alot.

cheers..
Obey.my.dreamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #71
country flag Dini

Big welcome!! Enjoy your stay on the Federer Express
Old 02-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #72
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Leigh and Obey.my.dreamz,

Welcome!!
clever1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:10 AM   #73
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Mikey
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:54 AM   #74
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

no, ego mikey
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #75
country flag lunahielo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

I have been here for a long time and many of you know me, but for those who don't~~Here goes.

My real name is Luna Rose Joy, but I usually go by Luna. I turned 41 last month and I am a high school teacher~~ Latin, Spanish, Etymology/Mythology. I also have a degree in art and have taught it for several years. I write in colour many times because colour is important in my life (I guess because of my art background)

I love to travel (used to be a flight attendant before I started teaching). One of my favourite trips was to Iceland and I hope to go back soon. I also hope someday to see the Alps.

My interests include reading~~usually have 2 or 3 books *going* at the same time, painting, anything to do with Volcanos, collecting (many things..rocks, minerals, pyramids (small ones ), & anything relating to mythology. I love languages, unusual architecture (especially Gaudi) and of course tennis..

I have lived in 8 cities and much of my childhood was spent in Mexico D.F.~~(Mexico City)

I started watching Roger after he beat Sampras many years ago at Wimbledon~~was *hooked* and have been a fan ever since. I watch everyone of his matches on TV..even those that come on at 2:30 AM in my area...I have never seen him play live, but hope to soon.

I am also a movie buff and have an insatiable curiosity about almost everything,(so I have been told) & am a lover of anything to do with water.(my fav drink),especially the oceans..I always manage to visit a beach several times a year.

I play the piano and am especially fond of classical rock (love the Doors)~~and many groups from the 80s.

I like to play badmitten, but don't play tennis except on Wii. (I do pretty well there.

I adore Roger and everything he stands for...his beautiful game, his values, his devotion to family/Mirka, the love of tennis history ,etc.

I am very appreciative of this fan forum. I have learned many things from my fellow fans~~~many of you are so knowledgeable about tennis: I have learned a lot from you. Thanks.
I find most of Roger's fans to be *classy* like him~~~~those that are, IMO, *less than wonderful*~~~I try to ignore.

Sorry to ramble on for so long~~~but, I guess I did..& I am going to let it stand.

Luna

Seat #19 on the Federer Express
lunahielo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote