Introduce yourself thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #46
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

Hi betty!! Nice post.

But can you elaborate on the collecting teabag wrappers bit?
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #47
country flag Elora
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Elora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan_2007 View Post
I've been following tennis since 1992. Was a big fan of Sampras all through the 90s. Was devastated by his 2001 Wimbledon defeat to a certain Swiss player. Stopped following tennis much for 3-4 years until certain Swiss became a lot more prominent and became a big fan of his tennis. Rest is history.
I remember the match too
Hi, and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty.k View Post
Hello everyone!
This thread is getting really interesting I usually just read posts rather than post and I'm not all that familiar with actual names vs. nicks so I'm happy identities are being decoded here

My name's Betty and I'm from Prague, the Czech Rep. As a child I used to live in Toronto, Canada so that's why my main subject at university is English studies and literature, apart form general linguistics and textile marketing. I love to travel but lately I'm kind of stuck at home. I collect teabag wrappers (I have the biggest collection in central Europe), do weaving and play tennis.

I've been playing tennis ever since I can remember (btw, Lekha, I also have a single handed backhand, I'm a lefty, too) and my parents followed tennis matches from time to time on tv. The first player I really cheered for was Lleyton Hewitt. I liked how he got completely involved in a match and made it a thrilling event for the viewer. But after some time I started to appreciate Federer's effortless, elegant and kind of mature style more, so now I'm his DF (dedicated fan) I was lucky enough to see him play here in Prague at the Davis Cup - the highlight was the doubles match, Czechs won after a 5 set battle and if I remember correctly 3 Swiss matchpoints! Fantastic tennis. I hope I get to see more of him live again in the future.

Hello Betty, and welcome!
English studies and literature sounds great. You´ll feel like home here btw more DF
I still hope seeing Roger live once.

Hope to see you both around

Roger and Rafa fan
Elora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #48
country flag betty.k

betty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Hi betty!! Nice post.

But can you elaborate on the collecting teabag wrappers bit?
Thanks Well, what I mean is wrappers like this:

Collecting is a tradition in my family but I'm quite a practical person so I didn't want to collect anything huge, messy or something I'd have to go out of my way to get, and we've always drank a lot of tea so teabags were perfect. I keep them in pocket foils for hockey cards with black paper inside to bring out the colors, all that in albums. Well, I've been collecting for 11 years now so it HAS gotten huge, but it's fun and I get to meet a lot of people from all over the world thanks to exchanging I have paper, foil, plastic, cloth ones, ones sewn on a sewing machine,ones with spelling mistakes...

Quote:
I still hope seeing Roger live once.
It sure isn't easy getting to tournaments, right? Sometimes I wish the tour had 2 to 3 patterns that would take turns every year. Something like the Summer and Winter Olympics, every second time the locations of tournaments would be different - one year Prague, the other Vienna, then Prague, then Vienna...
But our day will come!
betty.k is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #49
country flag Elora
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Elora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty.k View Post
It sure isn't easy getting to tournaments, right? Sometimes I wish the tour had 2 to 3 patterns that would take turns every year. Something like the Summer and Winter Olympics, every second time the locations of tournaments would be different - one year Prague, the other Vienna, then Prague, then Vienna...
But our day will come!
Hey, thats an idea
It´d make easier, i agree. I was looking for this year Madrid´s tournament, but the tickets, trip..and hotel for a few days was out of my league, atleast right now
I agree our day will come!

Roger and Rafa fan
Old 02-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #50
country flag Maria Giulia

Maria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all!!! My name is Maria Giulia, I'm 20 and I live in Viareggio, a rather small city in Tuscany. I'm a student in Foreign languages and literatures at Pisa university, I love the English language and culture, I hope I'll get the chance to move to London someday! I'm in love with tennis since 2003, but I've been a Roger fan only since 2004 - my favourite before was Juan Carlos Ferrero. I think Roger is like, the perfect man I've never seen him play live but I'm planning to go to Rome to see him this year - I went to Rome a few times but I've always seen the women's final only. I'm a tennis player myself, but the worst you'd ever imagine My favourites in women's tennis are Justine Henin (it's really a pity she retired) and Amélie Mauresmo. I'd LOVE to go to Wimbledon or RG but it's so hard to get tickets!!! Gonna watch Revolutionary Road now ^_^ Hugs everybody!!!!!
Maria Giulia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #51
country flag biological

biological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Giulia View Post
Hi all!!! My name is Maria Giulia, I'm 20 and I live in Viareggio, a rather small city in Tuscany. I'm a student in Foreign languages and literatures at Pisa university, I love the English language and culture, I hope I'll get the chance to move to London someday! I'm in love with tennis since 2003, but I've been a Roger fan only since 2004 - my favourite before was Juan Carlos Ferrero. I think Roger is like, the perfect man I've never seen him play live but I'm planning to go to Rome to see him this year - I went to Rome a few times but I've always seen the women's final only. I'm a tennis player myself, but the worst you'd ever imagine My favourites in women's tennis are Justine Henin (it's really a pity she retired) and Amélie Mauresmo. I'd LOVE to go to Wimbledon or RG but it's so hard to get tickets!!! Gonna watch Revolutionary Road now ^_^ Hugs everybody!!!!!
Hello You are right, he is the perfect man

I hope you can get to Rome this year and Wimbledon or RG at some point in the future I'm planning to go to Wimbly this year but will probably only see the outside courts, so might see a practice or something which would be awesome. It's my dream to see him play live
Old 02-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #52
country flag Elora
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Giulia View Post
Hello
aww..Ferrero was a good spanish player. We had good moments with him, in RG and also Davis Cup.
Hey, i wanted to see Revolutionary Road I´d like your opinion about it
I´d love go even its just once to RG or Wimbledon *nods*

*hugs back*

I think i told you already somewhere, but in case you missed. Like a lot your avatar with a Paul Newman pic

Roger and Rafa fan

Last edited by Elora : 02-02-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #53
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Love Juanqi. One of my favorite players. Really took it to Nadal at last year's Rome. Also gave Roger a tough QF match in 2007 Wimby.
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #54
country flag Maria Giulia

Maria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond reputeMaria Giulia has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Biological, yeah, I think being at Wimbledon even without seeing a match live would be wonderful, just for being part of the fantastic atmosphere Hope you'll be able to go! Maybe we'll meet there

Elora, thanks, I love Paul Newman, he's my favourite actor ever! Not only he was handsome, but also a great humanitarian and beautiful person, I think. And I loved Ferrero! I remember watching him play a match at RG, he won and at the end he did this cute wink at the camera, and right in that moment I fell in love with him, lol!! I remember being SO angry at Roddick for serving so many aces against him at the 2003 US Open final! But then came Roger...
And Revolutionary Road, I've just watched the first half properly (I've seen many bits of the second half as well some days ago because I couldn't resist XD), and so far it's very good. The acting performances are amazing - I really hope Kate Winslet wins the Oscar for The Reader, she's my favourite actress!!

*hugs fellow fans*
Maria Giulia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:00 AM   #55
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Where have you lived before you moved to the US?
I spent my childhood in Burma. There they have European music to listen to also. I loved Mordern Talking, Shaking Stevens, Sr. Cliff Richard also. But they are not well-known in the U.S.

Quote:
a-ha played a quickly sold out show at Irving Plaza in New York City on September 12, 2005, which was their first concert in North America since 1986. The band has not returned to North America since, nor have they released anything there since 1993.
I didn't know about it. What a pity...

Quote:
They are currently working on a new album, which will be released this year
Look forward to it.
clever1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:21 AM   #56
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad with what this thread turned out into
juninhOH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #57
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Betty
You're a one handed lefty, eh? Cool I'm a righty though

Hi Maria Giulia
I like Ferrero a lot too I loved his match against Roger in Wimby 07 mainly because I hadn't watched any of their matches against each other before that.
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #58
country flag Venle

Venle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrero

Roger's and his matchup in Wimbledon I loved it.

This is a nice thread. I don't know if anyone'll be interested about my story
Venle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #59
country flag betty.k

betty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venle View Post
Ferrero

Roger's and his matchup in Wimbledon I loved it.

This is a nice thread. I don't know if anyone'll be interested about my story
Give it a go!
betty.k is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #60
country flag biological

biological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond repute

I am interested