Introduce yourself thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-01-2009, 07:01 AM   #31
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

Thanks a lot for posting Not too long at all

Must be nice to have followed and supported Roger for so long
So many people here have I often myself for never bothering about tennis before 2006.
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #32
country flag biological

biological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickcy View Post
Thanks a lot for posting Not too long at all

Must be nice to have followed and supported Roger for so long
So many people here have I often myself for never bothering about tennis before 2006.
You've had longer than me. The two matches that really got me into tennis were the FO and Wimbly 08

I wish I'd started watching earlier when he was winning everything. It hurts so much when he loses and I can't stand seeing him so upset

But you just wait trickcy. We will be watching when he makes the comeback. When he breaks the records. When he proves MTF wrong
Old 02-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #33
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Stay strong biological. Rogi is a magnificent character. In a way I am happy he cried today, it gave me the opportunity to cry with him and just reflect on just how attached I am to this guy. After I let those tears out I felt much better and realised that no matter what happens to Rog I am just happy to go through it with him. I don't care how many times Roger loses to Nadal. I will never forget the happy moments and the influential times. I am proud to be his fan until the end of time.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #34
country flag biological

biological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Stay strong biological. Rogi is a magnificent character. In a way I am happy he cried today, it gave me the opportunity to cry with him and just reflect on just how attached I am to this guy. After I let those tears out I felt much better and realised that no matter what happens to Rog I am just happy to go through it with him. I don't care how many times Roger loses to Nadal. I will never forget the happy moments and the influential times. I am proud to be his fan until the end of time.
a wonderful post, thank you. and it's so true. whatever happen cannot take away the amazing moments that he has had and cannot change the fact that he is an incredible man, in all senses of the word.

I too am proud to follow him and to count myself as a fan alongside people like yourself
Old 02-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #35
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Sophie I am glad to hear that!! Our champion never gives up and he will make us cry of joy next time, I will continue to believe that.

to you.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #36
country flag Elora
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Elora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Introduce yourself thread

Hello
My name´s Pilar, and im from Spain I´ve found this forum today, and well, here i am. I though i could make a litle introduction of myself. I´ve been a tennis fan for years. I think i was around 10-12 (actually 30) when i spent a whole Sunday afternoon seeing a Rolgan Garros final because a spanish player was there and my dad liked tennis too. I didnt know the rules, but i loved the game. I didnt care i had a match exam on Monday (maybe Tuesday lol). I remember the excitement and how i´ve been following tennis since then. Anyway, i never had a fave player til Roger Federer. Before Roger, i liked tennis..but with Roger, i´ve became a fan. I try to see all his matches and download the finals, and well, also learn a bit more about this sport.

I´ve been lurking in RF forum for a while, and i belong to a few LJ communities but this forum is maybe what i´ve been looking for a while.

Nice to meet you all,and i´ll see you around
Elora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #37
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Pilar, welcome to the forum Nice that you joined on a sad day for Roger and us all
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:52 PM   #38
country flag Elora
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Elora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Pilar, welcome to the forum Nice that you joined on a sad day for Roger and us all

Thanks!
Yes, i´d have prefered to join in a day of celebration.
But Im sure we´ll have many happy days through 2009 for Roger and all of us
Elora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #39
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was worried about how you were going to take this Nadine, I'm so glad
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:27 AM   #40
country flag Aj89

Aj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond reputeAj89 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone, I'm a long time reader of the forums but thought I'd join up.

My name is Aji and I'm from Australia, a sad place to be for a Roger fan today. Cricket has always been the sport I played and followed strongly but I used to love watching Sampras towards the end of his career and it was when Roger played Llyeton in a 5 set davis cup match in Melbourne that I became a huge Roger fan despite the fact he lost. It wasn't his many victories that made me follow him but the way he got there. The elegant one handed back hand, easy power and variation of his forehand, smooth volleys, dancing around the court silently etc. He even inspired me to start playing the game socially. I really he hopes he goes beyond no. 14 but he's the greatest of the open era anyway in my opinion.

Hope this will still end up being a happy 2009 for Rog and his fans.
Aj89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:40 AM   #41
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by biological View Post
You've had longer than me. The two matches that really got me into tennis were the FO and Wimbly 08

I wish I'd started watching earlier when he was winning everything. It hurts so much when he loses and I can't stand seeing him so upset

But you just wait trickcy. We will be watching when he makes the comeback. When he breaks the records. When he proves MTF wrong
I just want him playing happily without all this pressure on him. I want him him playing freely, and as long as he's happy doing it, even if he loses, it'll be fine. I don't want him nervous and second guessing himself like yesterday

Quote:

Welcome Pilar and Aji Nice to have you both posting here
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:55 AM   #42
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been following tennis since 1992. Was a big fan of Sampras all through the 90s. Was devastated by his 2001 Wimbledon defeat to a certain Swiss player. Stopped following tennis much for 3-4 years until certain Swiss became a lot more prominent and became a big fan of his tennis. Rest is history.
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:36 PM   #43
country flag biological

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickcy View Post
I just want him playing happily without all this pressure on him. I want him him playing freely, and as long as he's happy doing it, even if he loses, it'll be fine. I don't want him nervous and second guessing himself like yesterday
I agree, it'd be so lovely to see him relaxed and happy like he has been before. Those AO interviews with Jim Courier where he giggled and smiled were so amazing and that's the kind of Roger I want to see.

Welcome to Pilar and Aji Very nice to have you both here, and here's to an ace 2009 for the Fed
Old 02-02-2009, 12:50 PM   #44
country flag Dini

Loving the attitude trickcy and biological
Old 02-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #45
country flag betty.k

betty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond reputebetty.k has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone!
This thread is getting really interesting I usually just read posts rather than post and I'm not all that familiar with actual names vs. nicks so I'm happy identities are being decoded here

My name's Betty and I'm from Prague, the Czech Rep. As a child I used to live in Toronto, Canada so that's why my main subject at university is English studies and literature, apart form general linguistics and textile marketing. I love to travel but lately I'm kind of stuck at home. I collect teabag wrappers (I have the biggest collection in central Europe), do weaving and play tennis.

I've been playing tennis ever since I can remember (btw, Lekha, I also have a single handed backhand, I'm a lefty, too) and my parents followed tennis matches from time to time on tv. The first player I really cheered for was Lleyton Hewitt. I liked how he got completely involved in a match and made it a thrilling event for the viewer. But after some time I started to appreciate Federer's effortless, elegant and kind of mature style more, so now I'm his DF (dedicated fan) I was lucky enough to see him play here in Prague at the Davis Cup - the highlight was the doubles match, Czechs won after a 5 set battle and if I remember correctly 3 Swiss matchpoints! Fantastic tennis. I hope I get to see more of him live again in the future.
betty.k is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote