Introduce yourself thread - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-31-2009, 12:55 AM   #16
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

OK juninh

I was born and raised in Sweden until I was 12, then moved to England with the family. My tennis fascination weirdly enough started when I first realised what those big posters in my brother's room were when I was a child: Bjorn Borg in action with his trademark headband and hair. I couldn't quite comprehend Borg's legacy at the time, but he was huge and still remains huge in Sweden. My brother used to be part of the tennis club and had dreams of achieving what Borg did, but unfortunately Tennis became a hobby rather than a career as the years went by. I now play tennis at the local club, twice a week with a coach and sometimes in the weekends just practising with my friend. I have a horrible backhand, and once tried that single hander, thinking I was Federer, and failed miserably. Rogi made it looked easy but when I tried it the ball was nowhere near landing on the court!! I mainly play Tennis for pleasure but I can be very competitive when I want to, though I have a 0-12 record against my brother!!!

I enjoy all kinds of sports, my friends think I am weird, but I just love watching these sports people perform especially in tense situations..its is drama at its absolute natural best. Some people might think this is even weirder, but I love F1. Blame my brother for that, he is a hardcore fan and takes over the TV when a race is on so I just join him. Don't have any particular favourites but Kimi Raikkonen back in the McLaren days used to be mighty impressive, and I also have a soft spot for Massa. Senna is my all time hero.

Umm what else...

I enjoy the occasional football match, but especially those in the World Cup and Euro Cup. That is when all the players just give it their absolute maximum for their people and never give in.

And my obsession with Roger is a very long story dating back to 2001. All I am going to say is that I love the guy beyond words and he is my ultimate hero. I cry when he wins the slams, I cry when he loses tight matches. My heart rate goes up if I see a picture of him, and my smile is the widest you'll ever see when I see him rip that forehand. He sometimes appears in my dreams coaching me, but I wake up being really annoyed that it was a dream.

I aspire to be a Paediatrician. I just love children and what better job to combine my love for children and medicine? I am taking a gap year after I finish my studies before I move on to university and I am planning to spend a month in Tanzania volunteering for the hospital and the orphanage, just to get an experience of what life is like there and then be able to appreciate my own life. My other dreams are to attend a Wimbledon match (was unsuccessful last time I applied for the ballot), travel around the world and just simply enjoy life.
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2009, 01:36 AM   #17
country flag EternalxJourney

EternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
OK juninh

I was born and raised in Sweden until I was 12, then moved to England with the family. My tennis fascination weirdly enough started when I first realised what those big posters in my brother's room were when I was a child: Bjorn Borg in action with his trademark headband and hair. I couldn't quite comprehend Borg's legacy at the time, but he was huge and still remains huge in Sweden. My brother used to be part of the tennis club and had dreams of achieving what Borg did, but unfortunately Tennis became a hobby rather than a career as the years went by. I now play tennis at the local club, twice a week with a coach and sometimes in the weekends just practising with my friend. I have a horrible backhand, and once tried that single hander, thinking I was Federer, and failed miserably. Rogi made it looked easy but when I tried it the ball was nowhere near landing on the court!! I mainly play Tennis for pleasure but I can be very competitive when I want to, though I have a 0-12 record against my brother!!!

I enjoy all kinds of sports, my friends think I am weird, but I just love watching these sports people perform especially in tense situations..its is drama at its absolute natural best. Some people might think this is even weirder, but I love F1. Blame my brother for that, he is a hardcore fan and takes over the TV when a race is on so I just join him. Don't have any particular favourites but Kimi Raikkonen back in the McLaren days used to be mighty impressive, and I also have a soft spot for Massa. Senna is my all time hero.

Umm what else...

I enjoy the occasional football match, but especially those in the World Cup and Euro Cup. That is when all the players just give it their absolute maximum for their people and never give in.

And my obsession with Roger is a very long story dating back to 2001. All I am going to say is that I love the guy beyond words and he is my ultimate hero. I cry when he wins the slams, I cry when he loses tight matches. My heart rate goes up if I see a picture of him, and my smile is the widest you'll ever see when I see him rip that forehand. He sometimes appears in my dreams coaching me, but I wake up being really annoyed that it was a dream.

I aspire to be a Paediatrician. I just love children and what better job to combine my love for children and medicine? I am taking a gap year after I finish my studies before I move on to university and I am planning to spend a month in Tanzania volunteering for the hospital and the orphanage, just to get an experience of what life is like there and then be able to appreciate my own life. My other dreams are to attend a Wimbledon match (was unsuccessful last time I applied for the ballot), travel around the world and just simply enjoy life.
Awww you're too cute for words.
EternalxJourney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:43 AM   #18
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

That was very nice to read Nadine

It would be great to read about you, EternalxJourney if you're comfortable about it
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:57 AM   #19
country flag biological

biological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone It's lovely to read about you all.

I'm Sophie, I'm 14 and I'm from the South West of England. I've only recently got into tennis - I used to watch Wimbledon, and I vaguely liked Roger, but I didn't pay any attention to tennis other than that. Then in 2007 I watched the whole two weeks and I thought god, I really want Federer to win this one. I can't remember exactly why, but I remember hoping desperately that he'd win. So I watched the final, and of course then I knew very little and I hated Rafa for even taking any games off my sudden favourite. I was so happy with the eventual result, and I made it my mission to one day see Federer win Wimbledon.
Sadly, after that I must have got distracted by other things, because I still didn't follow tennis at all. I doubt I could have named ten players in fact.
Then this year came around, and I happened to flick on the tv and see the end of the RG final. As you can imagine, I was upset to see Roger lose so horribly. That made me even more sure when Wimbly came around that I was becoming a fan of him, and of tennis in general. So I watched Wimbledon and I cried so so much at the end, and it was heartbreaking. Since then I have been following the sport as much as possible and trying to learn about everything I missed before I got into it. I'm still angry that I wasn't a fan of The Fed in his 3-slam-per-year phase

Aside from tennis, I really love music. My tastes are pretty eclectic - I like punk, rock, classical, some dancey techno stuff, weird 60s/70s pop, Argentinian style tango music and Spanish guitar, among others.
I also love to read, and watch movies and tv. I'm really interested in science too, and medicine, but I don't want to do it as a career.
In the future I would like to go to all 4 slams and see Roger play there, but it seems unlikely for the next, I don't know, million years. I would like to maybe become a journalist or some kind of writer, or maybe a teacher or something nice like that. I don't really have any set ideas.
The one thing I really want to do a lot is travel the world, and see loads of different places. I have a mission to visit every country in the world. So far I can cross off 5. Some way to go yet then.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:08 PM   #20
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

thats a nice idea! and since I haven't posted much about myself till now I might as well start now

my name is Habib (I'm also male, have been mistaken for a girl several times already ), I'm 22 and I live in Jeddah in Saudi Arabia, I'm a medical student, and a huge fan of Tennis in general and of Roger in particular, I play tennis myself and table tennis on a more regular basis, I love reading and travelling and I have been to many parts of the world (recently Japan and France) and that plays a part in my somehow good English thankfully

Tennis isn't very popular in this part of the world where sports like football and basketball are more dominant, however there is a good portion of the youth population that are interested in either Federer or Nadal and watch the occasional GS final or semis, however the older generation has more interest in the sport

I've always knew about tennis and players like Borg, McEnroe, Sampras and Agassi but never devoted much time to follow the sport or be a fan till the recent rise of a new legend in the making, which was Roger Federer, in 2005 I've watched my first full match which was the famous Miami match between Roger and Nadal and since then I've been a big fan of Roger and his fascinating game of art and elegance, which in turn increased my interest in Tennis and I started to follow other players and learn about different styles and terminologies, I also loved the mental and psychological part of the sport (I have a personal interest in psychology) and thats why I found the sport more intriguing on a personal level.

I've posted some pix of mine in the MTF pix thread, since it's an introduction thread might as well throw the link to that as well

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...37#post7857237

Last edited by habibko : 09-01-2010 at 06:25 AM.
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:14 PM   #21
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

It's lovely to read about you as well Sophie

Nice to have you posting here Habib and it's great to read about you as well
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:20 PM   #22
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickcy View Post
It's lovely to read about you as well Sophie

Nice to have you posting here Habib and it's great to read about you as well
yeah I don't usually post in Roger's forum and thats my bad I used to be a regular in RogerFederer.com forums but I found that I wanted to talk about other players and matches too but I come around from time to time, thanks alot
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:49 PM   #23
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute

okay I also posted some pics in that thread

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...page=398#11919
juninhOH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:29 PM   #24
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Great to read more about you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by clever1980 View Post
A-ha! It has been so long I haven't heard much about them, since moving to the U.S. "Angel in the snow" was my favourite. Also like "Move to Memphis".
Where have you lived before you moved to the US?

a-ha played a quickly sold out show at Irving Plaza in New York City on September 12, 2005, which was their first concert in North America since 1986. The band has not returned to North America since, nor have they released anything there since 1993.

They are currently working on a new album, which will be released this year
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:09 PM   #25
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Might as well join the club..

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...=8647&page=795
Old 01-31-2009, 10:17 PM   #26
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute

You're really cute infinity
Do you intend to/study medicine?
Old 01-31-2009, 10:32 PM   #27
country flag Dini

Yes...just waiting for my grades. Hopefully everything is fine and I get offered a place at University...that would be a dream come true!! But first I want to take a gap year out.

And thank you so much juninh, your are not bad yourself!!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:50 PM   #28
country flag juninhOH

Nice. Thought so because you pointed out the body system poster
Hope everything goes as planned to you
Old 01-31-2009, 11:04 PM   #29
country flag Dini

...that body systems poster has kept me motivated!! It is so old that I can remember everything that is said on it off by heart. Thank you for wishing me well, I am certainly keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:13 AM   #30
country flag EternalxJourney

EternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickcy View Post
That was very nice to read Nadine

It would be great to read about you, EternalxJourney if you're comfortable about it
Yea sure I'm usually just really lazy to write more than 2 lines of post.

My name is Val and I'm from New York City. Born in Cali but raised in NY. I consider myself a New Yorker all the way (GO GIANTS!) . I'm currently a sophomore at Columbia University and I'm a long time supporter of Roger.

I've casually followed tennis because of my grandfather but after seeing Roger at Wimbledon 2001 playing against good ole Pistol Pete, I knew I wanted to see more so I became a pretty dedicated fan. I gotta admit though, I didn't become a fan because of his tennis at first. I was really attracted to his on-court mannerisms, confident, collected and just darn right cool. I began to really appreciate his tennis genius-ness at Wimbledon 2003 and haven't looked back since.

I'm a semi-sporty person and I enjoy snowboarding, skiing, ice-skating and of course, playing tennis. But I have to say, I'm kinda rubbish at sports that involve more arm than legs. I guess my legs and feet are more coordinated than my arms and hands

I'm a huge music fan. I listen to just about everything except for maybe country, although my dorm mate is trying to get me into international country music. So far I'm not buying it . I watch way too much TV for my own good and my all-time favorite shows are LOST and Alias.

Wow that was a rather long post. My apologies.
EternalxJourney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote