Introduce yourself thread - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-14-2009, 01:24 AM   #136
country flag :Zaz:

:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Nice description, electric mix- got me giggling slightly. But to be honest there was no real effort in learning languages, was born and raised up in Sweden until my early teens, have Lebaneese roots and now live in England..so it all came naturally .

I totally love De Niro and the Godfather I and II are supreme classics . Raging bull and taxi driver are one of my faves. This is really hard, talking about movies, I love soooo many of them. I couldn't possibly list them, but will just say that Rain Man is very close to the top of my list.
I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to appear rude, I only just found your reply. Stupid Mia.

Raging Bull, I still have not seen - awful I know, even worse as a De Niro fan. But I have semi good reason, I lent my brand new unopened copy to someone, and then we had a parting of ways and bye bye DVD. Still grates my cheese, when I think about it. Taxi Driver is immense, but I cannot call it a fave because it is hard to watch, likewise Deer Hunter. I also have not seen Rain Man. I really shouldn't call myself a movie buff should I !! Dustin Hoffman is wicked though, frequent co-star of my hero. Them together in Sleepers. OMG W.O.W. Have you seen that?

My brother is a frequent visitor of Sweden - loves it there!
:Zaz: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 01:29 AM   #137
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Bye folks, have to get some work done right now (I know... )
It was a pleasure chatting with you all tonight!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:40 AM   #138
country flag Celaeno

Celaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaz-12 View Post
That is just one thing I have learnt since joining this website, is that someone else is definitely feeling the same, feeling your pain, or sharing your joy.
Absolutely. I'm so happy to have taken the plunge, I have felt very welcome here since. It's great to be part of such a lovely community of fans

Quote:
How come? Boyf standing over your shoulder? Afraid of being to fangirly? Afraid of how much you might reveal? Perhaps just whisper!
Afraid of the fangirlyness, yes Seeing as you're one who frequents the FAN thread (good taste ) then you'll know a fair few of us have a slight interest in Roger's "relationships" with his fellow players. I am one of them, and when it comes to Marat and Roger...

If I'm being serious, though, I do just love the two of them for their relationship as friends, and colleagues. They've known each other for so long now, both have spoken about "growing up" on tour together, coming through juniors, and then playing doubles, and of course then the unique bond that is born out of a rivalry. They match up so well too - Marat's awesome power vs Roger's grace and finesse, Marat's fieryness on court vs Roger's cool, zen-like state. I just find that so fascinating to watch, and really believe Marat's injuries cheated us out of what could have been an amazing rivalry.

There's also something very genuine and almost familiar in the way they interact and speak about each other, a very easy undercurrent of respect, not necessarily something that has to be explicitly stated. I think that kind of thing that can only come out of having been friends since such a young age, and of course being from the same "tennis generation".

See?! Once you get me going, I start writing a bloody essay!
Celaeno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:46 AM   #139
country flag Celaeno

Celaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond reputeCelaeno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Bye folks, have to get some work done right now (I know... )
It was a pleasure chatting with you all tonight!
Night night, Karin Lovely to chat with you too - it's rare I get the chance to discuss Juanqui!

ETA: Actually, I'm going to head on now too, guys. It's getting a little late Thanks for chatting and I hope you all enjoy your weekend

Last edited by Celaeno : 03-14-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Celaeno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:00 AM   #140
country flag :Zaz:

:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celaeno View Post
Absolutely. I'm so happy to have taken the plunge, I have felt very welcome here since. It's great to be part of such a lovely community of fans

Afraid of the fangirlyness, yes Seeing as you're one who frequents the FAN thread (good taste ) then you'll know a fair few of us have a slight interest in Roger's "relationships" with his fellow players. I am one of them, and when it comes to Marat and Roger...

If I'm being serious, though, I do just love the two of them for their relationship as friends, and colleagues. They've known each other for so long now, both have spoken about "growing up" on tour together, coming through juniors, and then playing doubles, and of course then the unique bond that is born out of a rivalry. They match up so well too - Marat's awesome power vs Roger's grace and finesse, Marat's fieryness on court vs Roger's cool, zen-like state. I just find that so fascinating to watch, and really believe Marat's injuries cheated us out of what could have been an amazing rivalry.

There's also something very genuine and almost familiar in the way they interact and speak about each other, a very easy undercurrent of respect, not necessarily something that has to be explicitly stated. I think that kind of thing that can only come out of having been friends since such a young age, and of course being from the same "tennis generation".

See?! Once you get me going, I start writing a bloody essay!
Sorry!

I agree though. Without being too fangirly myself, and speaking from purely a tennis standpoint, I really believe that Marat (has) had as much talent on court as Rogi, he had all the shots and although he didn't appreciate his own volleying ability, I thought/think he has wonderful touch at net - beautiful hands. Which kinda puzzles me as to why fast grass was such an issue.
But injury denied his potential and confidence was a major factor also. Roger, previous to last year, never really suffered in these respects and is why he is soooo close to GOATing. Safi and Rogi are like ying & yang. As you say "power vs finesse, fieriness vs cool". Opposites attract and all!
:Zaz: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #141
country flag Obey.my.dreamz

Obey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,.where can i find forum members pictures,..i mean i met alot of u girls and dudes but have no idea who am i speaking with,. i have a feeling like am talking to the federer all the time lol ,.. no rly I like them avatars ,..but just for the sake of it
u can post some hehe,..
like bio,infy,suk,harm..z...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3330/...fb6fcba8_m.jpg
Obey.my.dreamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #142
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey.my.dreamz View Post
Hey,.where can i find forum members pictures,..i mean i met alot of u girls and dudes but have no idea who am i speaking with,. i have a feeling like am talking to the federer all the time lol ,.. no rly I like them avatars ,..but just for the sake of it
u can post some hehe,..
like bio,infy,suk,harm..z...
Here

My pic was on there, but the picture link got broken when I edited my album, I'll see if I can put it up again.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:47 AM   #143
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute

My pics are in that thread too

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...page=398#11919
juninhOH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #144
country flag Chica_Tikka

Chica_Tikka has a reputation beyond reputeChica_Tikka has a reputation beyond reputeChica_Tikka has a reputation beyond reputeChica_Tikka has a reputation beyond reputeChica_Tikka has a reputation beyond reputeChica_Tikka has a reputation beyond reputeChica_Tikka has a reputation beyond reputeChica_Tikka has a reputation beyond reputeChica_Tikka has a reputation beyond reputeChica_Tikka has a reputation beyond reputeChica_Tikka has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone...I am Neha and I am from India. I had registered ages back but never got around posting. But, better late than never!!! Anyway, I am a fan of both Roger and Rafa but I enjoy watching Roger more. I've never played tennis [too lazy for it!!]. Otherwise, I love listening to music,reading books and watching movies.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #145
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica_Tikka View Post
Hello everyone...I am Neha and I am from India. I had registered ages back but never got around posting. But, better late than never!!! Anyway, I am a fan of both Roger and Rafa but I enjoy watching Roger more. I've never played tennis [too lazy for it!!]. Otherwise, I love listening to music,reading books and watching movies.
Welcome to the Fed Express Neha , enjoy your stay
Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #146
country flag lamnathalie

lamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, fellow Federer fans! I'm Nathalie. (I think this is the right place to introduce myself.) Anyways I've been supporting Federer ever since I started watching tennis. Roger is the king of tennis! I enjoy watching his games a lot! However this year he hasn't claimed any title yet , but I'm sure he can go through this tough time (with us!) and get back to his very best form soon. Also, happy to hear that he's becoming a papa this summer. Congrats!
Hmm, I like Gasquet as well.

un pour tous, tous pour un

~♠ Richard Gasquet| Gilles Simon ♠~
lamnathalie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #147
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Hi there Nathalie, and welcome!
Hope you'll have fun over here. In general people are all very nice and friendly over here.

It's no problem to like other players as well. As long as it isn't... okay I'll shut up for now.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:07 AM   #148
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Nathalie
Nice to have you posting here.
There are a lot of people who like Gasquet here (including me ) as many have already said while introducing themselves No problem liking any other player

There's a thread about why you became Roger's fan and also a Federer Express Passenger thread too
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #149
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Nathalie

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #150
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Nathalie... also you are an Arsenal fan i noticed
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote