Which is your favorite rivalry of Roger? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite rivalry of Roger?

The one with Hewitt 2 5.56%
The one with Haas 6 16.67%
The one with Roddick 9 25.00%
The one with Nadal 9 25.00%
The one with Djokovic 12 33.33%
The one with Nalbandian 8 22.22%
The one with Murray 9 25.00%
The one with Del Potro 5 13.89%
The one with Tsonga 3 8.33%
Other 2 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which is your favorite rivalry of Roger?

Roger has been around on the tour for many years and we got to see some very exciting rivalries with other players.

I would be interested to get to know which of these rivalries you like the most - may it be for quality of match-up or respect between the players.

It would be nice if you would reveal why you decided for certain players.

You can vote for several players if you want and of course name players which I forgot to include/wasn't able to include as I could only name 10 options.

I just listed players who are still active but of course you can also name retired players like Safin or Agassi
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which is your favorite rivalry of Roger?

I voted!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:04 AM   #3
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic - good quality of tennis.

Roddick - pretty obvious and I like Roddick.

Nalbandian - again, good quality of tennis. Both are brilliant shot-makers. Nalby is one of my favourite players.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Djokovic - good quality of tennis.

Roddick - pretty obvious and I like Roddick.

Nalbandian - again, good quality of tennis. Both are brilliant shot-makers. Nalby is one of my favourite players.
I love Roddick too!!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
country flag TheGirlFromOz

TheGirlFromOz has a reputation beyond reputeTheGirlFromOz has a reputation beyond reputeTheGirlFromOz has a reputation beyond reputeTheGirlFromOz has a reputation beyond reputeTheGirlFromOz has a reputation beyond reputeTheGirlFromOz has a reputation beyond reputeTheGirlFromOz has a reputation beyond reputeTheGirlFromOz has a reputation beyond reputeTheGirlFromOz has a reputation beyond reputeTheGirlFromOz has a reputation beyond reputeTheGirlFromOz has a reputation beyond repute

The ones with Haas, Roddick and Del Potro.
TheGirlFromOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:38 AM   #6
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Difficult question.
But I think this year made me change my mind and ATM is the one with Delpo.

Amazing matches, great in 2 ways:
- Roger playing AMAZING and destroying Delpo (2012 Rotterdam, 2009 AO, 2012 Indian Wells).
- Great tennis quality by both players (2009 RG, 2012 Olympics).

And two strange matches:

- This year at RG, Federer coming back from being 0-2 sets, that was really beautiful to live.
- The USO match, Fed playing the best points, making magic with the racquet, and then starting to make a lot of UEs and losing. Bah well... We still have a lot of pretty points in that match.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:39 AM   #7
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal THE END

Old 08-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Voted for JMDP, Haas and Hewitt. The first one is a nice guy whose bullets I love watching and he genuinely looks up to Fed. Haas and the rivalry of the SHBH is amazing whilst Hewitt's style allows Roger to demonstrate his brilliance.

However, my favourite was on there and that is the rivalry with Bye.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #9
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

I love watching old videos of Roger really getting to grips, in the early 2000s, when he played the likes of Guga, Costa and Corretja and struggled quite a lot. It was a case of a wizard (Roger) meeting a warrior.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #10
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for Tsonga, Nalbandian and Haas because I love their tennis.
They are different players but there is what to love in every one.
I voted Del Potro as well even I don’t love extremely his style of paling but all those players respect so much each other.
The last match betwind Fed-Delpo was an extraodinary epic match and Delpo's game was the best seen. I know him after he came back on the tour after the injury.

Delpo and Tsonga are the both cutest in the way they hug Roger after losing like they want to give him all their admiration.
With Nalbandian I didn't see the most beautiful matches, maybe some easily won by Roger but on some highlights the quality of tennis is actually too high.
And about Haas - I felt in love with him and with his OHBH when he won Halle

I don't like the rivalry with Nadal for obvious reasons of H2H but as well because his tennis is not that I love.
And the last I don't like is that with the Djoker because he doesn't respect Fed.
Of course I'm extremely happy when he beat both and especially Dokovic for the reason I expressed
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:51 AM   #11
country flag Julián Santiago

Julián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal, Nalbandian, Djokovic and Haas
Julián Santiago is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #12
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

Roger vs Record Books. Tough opponent that one.

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #13
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita View Post
Roger vs Record Books. Tough opponent that one.
He proved that for him it's an easy oponent
Only the grastests can do the most difficult things seem easy.

Maybe the toughest one is his inside when he loses his confidence.
Roger has to remenber sometimes in difficult moments which is his surname and what it means.
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #14
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

I've always liked his matches against Murray, very interesting opposition imo, quite the opposition between the attacking and defending player but with quite a lot of variety and no expected result like with Nadal (actually the H2H is very levelled).

Against Djokovic there is less variety and often quite many unforced errors which decide more often the winner than the quality of one's game.

Against Nadal ... berk

Against Del Potro it might be my second favorite one (but I didn't vote for a second one)

Against players of the past, it was usually one-sided except for a short period with Safin. Nalbandian is my second favorite player and they also had their matches, yes, but some of them in 2003 and before I didn't watch these matches.

Last edited by duong : 08-16-2012 at 04:49 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #15
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate each and every rival that has managed to bring the goods against Roger, as I believe that it only makes his legacy even better than it already is. And there have been plenty. yeah:

As such, my vote can go to no other than Rafa, as he really stood up against the true KING / or at least tried to.
(and failed, eventually, and I do wonder how much Rafa now actually mentally suffers from the knowledge that he's been chasing what turned out to be a 'moving target', because of the knowledge that even at Roger's 'old' age, he still grabs up titles like there's no tomorrow - I can well understand the disappoinment coming forth from that knowledge - or perhaps even more coming from the pressure from the vultures surrounding Rafa, as is my personal opinion. )

KING!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote