Token Tuesday - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
country flag its.like.that
Banned!
 
its.like.that's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: sans domicile fixe
Posts: 34,169
its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute
Default Token Tuesday

Djokovic over Roddick @ 1.45
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-26-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
country flag Ontie
Registered User
 
Ontie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 14,038
Ontie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Token Tuesday

BARTOLI (+4.0 games) over Zvonareva @1.92, 2 units
Ontie is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
country flag cardio
Registered User
 
cardio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,967
cardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Token Tuesday

Federer x Djokovic @1.7
Dokic +1.5 sets @2.15
cardio is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
country flag Mistaflava
Registered User
 
Mistaflava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 19,451
Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Token Tuesday

MistaFlava's 2009 ATP Tennis Betting Record: 24-11 (+$19374.00)

***I only wager on odds 1.35 or better and never do parlays

(If you wager exactly the amounts I wager on every match this season, I promise you make some crazy money)

Haha another perfect day at the office with a 2-0 performance yesterday which I really needed after being a little pissed off about my 8-1 ATS streak in CBB being broken with 2 losses on Sunday. Tournament is almost done but still good money to be had. LIVIN LARGE IS GOOD! Learn it. Like I said before, if you follow me all season, you make big money, that's a promise guys. I am very busy with work, very busy with capping other sports and betting on tennis is something I do for fun on the side so don't hate the player bitches, hate the game. I'm sick and tired of all the idiots who run around on tennis forums claiming to be good because they go 10-0 betting on 1.15 favorites and parlaying 1.03 favorites by the dozen to make a couple hundred bucks.

All my wagering is done at Pinnacle. All the best this season and if you have a problem with me or my style, LICK MY NUTS!

--------------------------------------




Tuesday, January 27



Australian Open - Quarter Finals



Novak Djokovic 1.43 over Andy Roddick ($5000 to win $2150)

I absolutely love the fact that the odds are in my betting range here because this is one of my largest plays of the year. What in the world are oddsmakers thinking when they released this line? I mean who the fuck is going to bet on Roddick in Australia when the last time he faced Djokovic was at the US Open on his own soil and Roddick didn't do shit in that match? Since August of 2007 these players have met three times with Djokovic winning the first time at TMS Montreal, Roddick taking the second meeting in Dubai in a tournament Djokovic obviously didn't care about and finally that meeting at the US Open last August where Djokovic beat the American in four easy sets. So again I ask the question, how do you figure Roddick has more on his game a few months later, in a different Country, against the same player that manhandled him in his own backyard? It makes no sense what the oddsmakers are doing here and the only reason Roddick is getting respect is because he is ranked #9 in the world but you and me both know the large difference that exists between the top three players and the rest of the TOP 10 group. Roddick has had it easy so far in this tournament having lost only one set on the way and beating four easy opponents. Until he faced Fabrice Santoro the #62 player in the world in the Round of 32, Roddick has only faced two guys ranked in the 190's. I honestly thought Robredo would give him a bigger run for his money in the Round of 16 but it only took Roddick three sets to get rid of the #22 player in the world. Impressive? Yes a little bit but does it mean he can beat Djokovic? Not at all guys. Andy Roddick is 3-7 in his last 10 matches versus TOP 10 players and even though he did get that best of three set win over Djokovic in Dubai last year, that comes nowhere the magnitude of this match so you can throw that win out the window. Djokovic on the other hand looked like he was having big time problems in both ATP Doha and in ATP Sydney where he was bounced in the first round (Doha) and in the semi-finals (Sydney) but it was obvious that he was a bit rusty for those matches and now he is in full swing. Want proof? Djokovic had it easy like Roddick in the first two rounds of this tournament but he had to face a red hot Amer Delic in the Round of 32 and he handled that pretty damn well. Delic has a very good serve and Djokovic has already shown that he is moving well enough to return big serves. Then came the ultimate challenge if you ask me when Novak had to faced "Mr. Australian Open" Marcos Baghdatis. A lot of people picked the popular Cypriot in an upset but Djokovic was too good and won that match in four sets (winning some very impressive points along the way). So now that Novak is playing the way he knows how to play, we can continue to back him all the way to the Final if they continue to offer such stupid odds. Novak Djokovic is 43-7 in his last 50 BEST OF FIVE SET MATCHES while Andy Roddick is only 38-12 in his last 50 BEST OF FIVE SET MATCHES. I don't know about you guys but I am never going against Djokovic unless he is playing against a TOP 5 player in the world because he seems to only lose these important matches against the best of the best. Of the last 8 matches Djokovic has lost in BEST OF FIVE SET setting, 7 of those matches have been against TOP 5 players with other loss coming against Safin at Wimbledon last year. Roddick is not TOP 5 and that's all I have to say about that. I know some of you considering a stupid bet on Roddick but cmon guys, Djokovic is the defending champion here at the Australian Open and his only loss here since 2006 was against Roger Federer in the 2007 Round of 16. That means he is 14-1 in his last 15 matches at the Australian Open. YOU CANNOT ARGUE WITH THIS AT ALL! I think the reason we are getting these odds is because of how good Roddick has always been in this tournament but when the tough get going, Roddick usually ends up going home and that is why he has never reached the final of this event and his career losses here have come against Kohlschreiber in 2008 (ranked #27), Federer in 2007 (ranked #1), Baghdatis in 2006 (ranked #54), Hewitt in 2005 (ranked #3), Safin in 2004 (ranked #86), Schuettler in 2003 (ranked #36) and Ljubicic in 2002 (ranked #37). So again by now you get my damn point that Roddick just can't win this tournament nor can he make the final when he has to face good players like Djokovic. One more time I tell you that if Roddick couldn't beat Djokovic at the US Open in August, he is not about to beat him here. END OF STORY..SEE YOU AT THE BANK!





Mistaflava is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #5
country flag aabhtslob
Registered User
 
aabhtslob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: London
Posts: 7
aabhtslob aabhtslob aabhtslob aabhtslob aabhtslob aabhtslob aabhtslob aabhtslob aabhtslob aabhtslob aabhtslob
Default Re: Token Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistaflava View Post
MistaFlava's 2009 ATP Tennis Betting Record: 24-11 (+$19374.00)

***I only wager on odds 1.35 or better and never do parlays

(If you wager exactly the amounts I wager on every match this season, I promise you make some crazy money)

Haha another perfect day at the office with a 2-0 performance yesterday which I really needed after being a little pissed off about my 8-1 ATS streak in CBB being broken with 2 losses on Sunday. Tournament is almost done but still good money to be had. LIVIN LARGE IS GOOD! Learn it. Like I said before, if you follow me all season, you make big money, that's a promise guys. I am very busy with work, very busy with capping other sports and betting on tennis is something I do for fun on the side so don't hate the player bitches, hate the game. I'm sick and tired of all the idiots who run around on tennis forums claiming to be good because they go 10-0 betting on 1.15 favorites and parlaying 1.03 favorites by the dozen to make a couple hundred bucks.

All my wagering is done at Pinnacle. All the best this season and if you have a problem with me or my style, LICK MY NUTS!

--------------------------------------




Tuesday, January 27



Australian Open - Quarter Finals



Novak Djokovic 1.43 over Andy Roddick ($5000 to win $2150)

I absolutely love the fact that the odds are in my betting range here because this is one of my largest plays of the year. What in the world are oddsmakers thinking when they released this line? I mean who the fuck is going to bet on Roddick in Australia when the last time he faced Djokovic was at the US Open on his own soil and Roddick didn't do shit in that match? Since August of 2007 these players have met three times with Djokovic winning the first time at TMS Montreal, Roddick taking the second meeting in Dubai in a tournament Djokovic obviously didn't care about and finally that meeting at the US Open last August where Djokovic beat the American in four easy sets. So again I ask the question, how do you figure Roddick has more on his game a few months later, in a different Country, against the same player that manhandled him in his own backyard? It makes no sense what the oddsmakers are doing here and the only reason Roddick is getting respect is because he is ranked #9 in the world but you and me both know the large difference that exists between the top three players and the rest of the TOP 10 group. Roddick has had it easy so far in this tournament having lost only one set on the way and beating four easy opponents. Until he faced Fabrice Santoro the #62 player in the world in the Round of 32, Roddick has only faced two guys ranked in the 190's. I honestly thought Robredo would give him a bigger run for his money in the Round of 16 but it only took Roddick three sets to get rid of the #22 player in the world. Impressive? Yes a little bit but does it mean he can beat Djokovic? Not at all guys. Andy Roddick is 3-7 in his last 10 matches versus TOP 10 players and even though he did get that best of three set win over Djokovic in Dubai last year, that comes nowhere the magnitude of this match so you can throw that win out the window. Djokovic on the other hand looked like he was having big time problems in both ATP Doha and in ATP Sydney where he was bounced in the first round (Doha) and in the semi-finals (Sydney) but it was obvious that he was a bit rusty for those matches and now he is in full swing. Want proof? Djokovic had it easy like Roddick in the first two rounds of this tournament but he had to face a red hot Amer Delic in the Round of 32 and he handled that pretty damn well. Delic has a very good serve and Djokovic has already shown that he is moving well enough to return big serves. Then came the ultimate challenge if you ask me when Novak had to faced "Mr. Australian Open" Marcos Baghdatis. A lot of people picked the popular Cypriot in an upset but Djokovic was too good and won that match in four sets (winning some very impressive points along the way). So now that Novak is playing the way he knows how to play, we can continue to back him all the way to the Final if they continue to offer such stupid odds. Novak Djokovic is 43-7 in his last 50 BEST OF FIVE SET MATCHES while Andy Roddick is only 38-12 in his last 50 BEST OF FIVE SET MATCHES. I don't know about you guys but I am never going against Djokovic unless he is playing against a TOP 5 player in the world because he seems to only lose these important matches against the best of the best. Of the last 8 matches Djokovic has lost in BEST OF FIVE SET setting, 7 of those matches have been against TOP 5 players with other loss coming against Safin at Wimbledon last year. Roddick is not TOP 5 and that's all I have to say about that. I know some of you considering a stupid bet on Roddick but cmon guys, Djokovic is the defending champion here at the Australian Open and his only loss here since 2006 was against Roger Federer in the 2007 Round of 16. That means he is 14-1 in his last 15 matches at the Australian Open. YOU CANNOT ARGUE WITH THIS AT ALL! I think the reason we are getting these odds is because of how good Roddick has always been in this tournament but when the tough get going, Roddick usually ends up going home and that is why he has never reached the final of this event and his career losses here have come against Kohlschreiber in 2008 (ranked #27), Federer in 2007 (ranked #1), Baghdatis in 2006 (ranked #54), Hewitt in 2005 (ranked #3), Safin in 2004 (ranked #86), Schuettler in 2003 (ranked #36) and Ljubicic in 2002 (ranked #37). So again by now you get my damn point that Roddick just can't win this tournament nor can he make the final when he has to face good players like Djokovic. One more time I tell you that if Roddick couldn't beat Djokovic at the US Open in August, he is not about to beat him here. END OF STORY..SEE YOU AT THE BANK!






I'm not saying it's a bad bet, he's obviously a big favourite but I think that a lot of the stats you're rolling off apply to the slightly slower rebound ace courts. I think the first set is bigger than usual in this heat and whatever you say about Roddick, he is mentally strong and a good frontrunner.

I'm more likely to back Djokovic M4 games
aabhtslob is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #6
country flag BostonBrian
Registered User
 
BostonBrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,362
BostonBrian has a reputation beyond reputeBostonBrian has a reputation beyond reputeBostonBrian has a reputation beyond reputeBostonBrian has a reputation beyond reputeBostonBrian has a reputation beyond reputeBostonBrian has a reputation beyond reputeBostonBrian has a reputation beyond reputeBostonBrian has a reputation beyond reputeBostonBrian has a reputation beyond reputeBostonBrian has a reputation beyond reputeBostonBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Token Tuesday

Djokovic
zvonareva
BostonBrian is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #7
country flag Iván
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 59,367
Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Token Tuesday

roddicks best chance to beat novak but i cant see him doing it, just not good enough from the ground
Iván is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
country flag LleytonMonfils
Registered User
 
LleytonMonfils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 27
Posts: 3,886
LleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Token Tuesday

I think the Roddick, Novak match could go either way. I won't be touching this one with a 10 foot pole.
LleytonMonfils is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #9
country flag SwiSha
Registered User
 
SwiSha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 39,787
SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Token Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by LleytonMonfils View Post
I think the Roddick, Novak match could go either way. I won't be touching this one with a 10 foot pole.
lmfao

you think this is a 50 50 match and still not getting involved?

you know that Roddicks price would be big time value now when you think this could go either way?
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2009, 04:12 PM   #10
country flag kinster
Registered User
 
kinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,962
kinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Token Tuesday

Roddick will find it difficult to ace Djokovic I think taking away his cheap points. Djokovic will win but the odds are a but low for me. I want Djokovic with a better price like @1.66 because Djokovic didn't play well in previous match he did more unforced errors than winners and Roddick doing more winners than unforced errors in previous match. If I will predict a scoreline it will be Djokovic 3-1.
kinster is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
country flag ivekinjo
Registered User
 
ivekinjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,123
ivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Token Tuesday

I would have serious doubts about Djokovics fitness if he was priced above 1.6 in this match. He had a tough late night match in previous round and history tells us those who had late night matches at AO didnt do well in the next round.

Djokovic @ 1.44
__________________
Place your bets and take a chance now!
Just make sure the Odds and the Gods are on your side!


Suppose it is not that case there is a God. Then time is infinite, and you are an empirically finite collection of chemicals. Since time is infinite and your youness is finite, then you have had infinite occurrence, and infinite variation. Since you have been infinitely varied, you would have attained the ability to forward, or compile, your memories. Yet it is not the case you have infinite regression of memory from time immemorial.
Hence, God exists.
ivekinjo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2009, 04:44 PM   #12
country flag LleytonMonfils
Registered User
 
LleytonMonfils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 27
Posts: 3,886
LleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Token Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiSh View Post
lmfao

you think this is a 50 50 match and still not getting involved?

you know that Roddicks price would be big time value now when you think this could go either way?
I just want to watch and enjoy the match. I'm not big on betting on my favorite players or teams, I consider it a jinx. Got a fucking problem with it?

Still wouldn't touch this match. Andy should be atleast 3-1 IMO. I do like Bartoli +225 though. Surprised she is such a dog vs Zvonareva.
LleytonMonfils is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #13
country flag ryan23
Registered User
 
ryan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: England
Age: 30
Posts: 30,749
ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Token Tuesday

Over the last few years Roddick has had a terrible record atbeating anyone in the top 5, Djokovic is a much better player and can return roddicks big serve, its not a 50-50 match its way more in favour of Djokovic

Djokovic over Roddick 4/9
__________________

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #14
country flag Julio
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Paris
Posts: 11,341
Julio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Token Tuesday

If Nole can reproduce only 20% of what he did against Baggy, he will kill Roddick. As simple as that.
Julio is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #15
country flag SwiSha
Registered User
 
SwiSha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 39,787
SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Token Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by LleytonMonfils View Post
I just want to watch and enjoy the match. I'm not big on betting on my favorite players or teams, I consider it a jinx. Got a fucking problem with it?.
ah my bad :retard: i thought posting in the gamblers lounge is about making money and not enjoying tennis matches lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LleytonMonfils View Post
Still wouldn't touch this match. Andy should be atleast 3-1 IMO.
.
wouldnt you take any price over 2.00 when you think its 50 50 ?
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios