Winter Indoor Season 2009 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #31
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter Indoor Season 2009

Thanks for the report, Kezzi.
The Muzza thing is strange because he said exactly the opposite on TV:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...8&postcount=59
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #32
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Kezzi It's better for you you didn't go today he would have been in an really bad mood He lost 0-6/3-6 Only 25 minutes for 1st set. Better at the start of the second but he missed all break opportunities and was broken the game after 7 DF only 2 ace & 6/24 on second serve. The stats are really awful. I'm not very optimistic fot the doubles this afternoon lol

A pic from qualies. It seems Arnaud loves the blue this year.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SC.JPG (43.8 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by soulage : 02-09-2009 at 10:59 AM.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #33
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I think that pic is hilarious
It says "The winner of the ballkids competition in training".
There were different competitions to enter this year, the wildcards. You could win a wildcard for being Richard's PA, a photographer, cameraman, VIP, ballkid and one or two others I don't remember.
Arno's match is just the right one for a ballkid in training

In the second q match he was wearing sort of beige colors for the first set and orange with a purple bandana in the second.
I still have to sort out my pics, I have a cold, I slept during the whole doubles match
Maybe I should do that more often, they won 6-3, 6-4
Old 02-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #34
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Thanks for the report, Kezzi.
The Muzza thing is strange because he said exactly the opposite on TV:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...8&postcount=59
I replied to this, but I think I forgot to actually post

It's strange indeed to say different things, I think my friend misunderstood what he said. At least he asked Berdych about the court in training if he also noticed a difference compared to last year.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #35
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Poor ballkids

For doubles Arnaud was broken two times (after deuce) in second set because of his second serve
Old 02-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #36
country flag Kezzi

They were lucky, he was pretty nice to them
Of course he was irritated sometimes, but overall he was nice to them

Hopefully they'll play on court 1 wednesday, I'm also going then
It'll be the first time I see Arno and Mika play together
Old 02-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #37
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

urghhh that's a bad loss in singles. he is so obviously below the top 50 or even top 100 band of players.

good luck with the doubles, he's lucky when pairing with mika have a good time kezzi, and thanks for the news and reports!
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:24 AM   #38
country flag Kezzi

You're welcome
I'll post some of my pictures this week, maybe this evening already.
Have to edit them a little, because taking pictures indoor is a hell Everything is a little blurred and with weird colors, so if someone has tips for tomorrow, they're very welcome
Old 02-10-2009, 10:01 AM   #39
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

take a tripod and bump up the iso.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:53 PM   #40
country flag Kezzi

Don't have a tripod, but I could try the iso
Thanks!

Not that Arno is playing doubles tomorrow, the tournament really changed this year It might be just me, but it seems there are less matches on a day. So also less on court 1
Hopefully we'll see him at practice
Old 02-10-2009, 08:58 PM   #41
country flag soulage

Pity but the schedule is strange Tursunov who played at 11h monday morning against arnaud will play his second round thursday Micka play on court 1 tomorrow maybe you'll see Arnaud watching him.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #42
country flag soulage

And a loss in doubles, a close one but a loss 7-6(9)/5-7/5-10

He's 83# in doubles this week
Old 02-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #43
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
Pity but the schedule is strange Tursunov who played at 11h monday morning against arnaud will play his second round thursday Micka play on court 1 tomorrow maybe you'll see Arnaud watching him.
The schedule is so weird this year. Arno played the whole weekend, then 2 matches on monday and the next on thursday Same for Micka, while in my opinion they could've spreaded them a little better, also for other players.
Arno agreed with us on the weird schedule
We saw him watching Micka, the only one also cheering for him (so cute to hear him go "allez Micka" all the time ) Everyone else was afraid they would get hit by Karlovic's racket I've never seen him so frustrated and throwing rackets around. But on our way home looking through the programme, we discovered it might was because he also lost in the final last year.
After the match we waited for Arno, so we could ask if he would do some more training that day. He already trained in the morning, my friends were at the tournament already, of course we were stuck with train delays and missed it
He was really nice, told us he would do another training at 4 (and what a session it was, 2,5 hours with Tursunov) We think he likes it to have us around on kids day. He just keeps walking while talking, so we "cover" him on both sides and no kids come to ask for autographs
After training with Dima, we also asked if he already knew something for other tourny's we use to visit. And he scared us He told us that Rosmalen was off the calender! We said that it was Nottingham which has moved to another place, but not Rosmalen. We couldn't believe it, but he was really sure. He even said it was a pity, because he likes it there. Luckily for us, he was wrong So, after a little conversation, we said goodbye, because we couldn't go another time. His reaction seemed like he didn't like it for us not to be able to see him and Micka play, because on sunday we told him we'd never seen them play together irl and were happy to finally see a match wednesday. We didn't expect a second round on thursday... I even asked him to say hi to Bruno for me Hopefully it gets Bruno in NL one more time
So now it's waiting for Arno to discover that Rosmalen isn't dead, be happy about that and to decide to play there

Micka was also funny, I still needed him to sign my flag. I was waiting for him and at the same time he wanted to take a pen from a kid to sign something, he noticed my flag and came up to me right away with "ca va?"
I knew what to answer, because after Micka's match we had practice, haha. Arno asked us the same and we were like "ehm... (think think think)... ca va bien, et toi?" It's about the only French we know and we still have to think about it
At least he noticed the French flag, a Dutch hostess asked me why I would let Benneteau sign it, she thought it was Dutch The white part is almost full, I just need to get Seb's signature, Recouderc's and if I'm lucky I might get Thierry Tulasne to sign it. He's always telling me "No, I'm just a coach", but when I say that he's not, he gets happy and lets me take a pic or so. I think it's hard to believe for him that someone my age knows he also played tennis Unfortunately Gilles didn't practice after playing against Kohlschreiber, so I didn't see them. My friends said it would be hilarious to ask Thierry and not Gilles. I already have Gilles' sig, that's the one I had to make the biggest effort for

Ok, enough text, pictures are coming soon I have to edit them a little, my camera doesn't really work with me indoors. In order to get good pics I think you really need a SLR instead of a Hybrid
Old 02-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #44
country flag soulage

Great report It's nice you talk to him even if he makes mistakes about calendar and scared you lol.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #45
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy for you, kezzi
Maybe they said "ça va" because they thought you were french (with ur flag). Or maybe they think everybody is supposed to speak french ! lol

Do you have some pics ?

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote