PYW Management 2009 - April to June tournaments available - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #46
country flag d_s

d_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PYW Management 2009

Well I had my suggestion above where for Futures we can do all the 15ks each week, and add a poll with all the 10ks with the top 1 (or 2) tournaments also included for the PYW.

I think this way it's more fair to decide which tournament to use. If you just look at the entry list, people's opinions on which tournament has a more interesting entry list will be different.

and also I don't mind running the Futures tournaments every week
d_s is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #47
country flag FilipeMB
why did I pay for premium

FilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond repute

you did a pretty good job this week, btw

for me, as long as some futures are ran, I don't care which one as long there is somebody to run and people interesed to vote
FilipeMB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #48
country flag d_s

d_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

I think I'm going to open up the thread for next week with the poll and we can just try it out and see how it goes. If it doesn't work out or if people don't like it, we can change it.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:11 AM   #49
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

Outstanding job with the futures, d_s
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:20 AM   #50
country flag d_s

Thanks Caio Brasil

and Dwight Schrute, I have a question about the PYW tour events. For the qualifiers, are they just being placed randomly, or is it supposed to follow the actual draw?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #51
country flag FilipeMB

FilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_s View Post
Thanks Caio Brasil

and Dwight Schrute, I have a question about the PYW tour events. For the qualifiers, are they just being placed randomly, or is it supposed to follow the actual draw?
when available, they will be in the correct place in actual draw. when not available at the time the topic is opened, then I ran random.org to place them.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #52
country flag NyGeL

NyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see all of you doing your best to run the game including Futures and Challengers when last year we couldn't even finish a Grand Slam.

One thing that I don't like is: When a staffer says "vote again", he shouldn't be the one to do it first or at least he should wait some hours becouse if not, it will seems that he is doing it to finish his favorite player match or something like that.

Also, I don't know how many voters you have at Futures/Challengers but instead of having like 3 vote again per round you could try making it best of 1 set.
SF: / / Estoril, Shangai / / / / Stuttgart, Palermo
QF: Brisbane/ Umag, USOpen / / Australia, Nottingham, Olympics, Bangkok / Australia, Sauipe / / Kitzbuhel, Beijing

PAW Rank: 14

FITD Champ: Queens 2010 / Miami, Newport & Stuttgart 2009 / Hamburg & Kitzbuhel 2008
Suicide Champ: Johannesburg 2009
NyGeL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #53
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyGeL View Post
Nice to see all of you doing your best to run the game including Futures and Challengers when last year we couldn't even finish a Grand Slam.

One thing that I don't like is: When a staffer says "vote again", he shouldn't be the one to do it first or at least he should wait some hours becouse if not, it will seems that he is doing it to finish his favorite player match or something like that.

Also, I don't know how many voters you have at Futures/Challengers but instead of having like 3 vote again per round you could try making it best of 1 set.
I agree with your point about the vote again. Maybe 3 voters after the manager saying vote again would be ok.

The futures already are best of 1 set and it's working pretty well.

About the challengers, there were something like 15 voters in each round. So a good idea would be doing all the matches super-tiebreakers (the best of 10 games). This way it would probably be only 1 vote again and long 3-setters wouldn't exist. When tied at 9 it would go 11 and so on.

What do you guys think?
Old 02-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #54
country flag FilipeMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyGeL View Post

I agree with vote again, I usually only call this when needed to finish a round and, in vote again, does not represent my favorite but sometimes the players closer to end quickly the match.
but that`s ok and I agree with it. maybe compiling rules for management would be good
I agree with Caio and you about super tie-break for challengers, 3-sets have been difficult to end. I dont know how much the problems in MTF server and AO had troubled this but...
Old 02-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #55
country flag Caio_Brasil

As FilipeMB said, we don't know how much did the MTF slowly and the AO interfered, so I think we should give the 3-setters another go this week. If the number of voters continue the same we move to super tiebreak
Old 02-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #56
country flag Caio_Brasil

First round of the challengers took so long again, so I decided to implement the match tiebreak already in the second round. I think it will be better for the challengers
Old 02-05-2009, 03:18 PM   #57
country flag FilipeMB

Wise decision Caio.
I'm sorry about ranking delay. I'm without my computer (it's being fixed; usb problems) and the ranking updated file is there. The ranking will be posted today, as speedly as I get my PC back.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:44 AM   #58
country flag Caio_Brasil

Do you guys think we should make qualifyings 10-point tiebreakers, like in challengers?
Old 02-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #59
country flag FilipeMB

or one set-only, both ways works fine IMHO
Old 02-07-2009, 02:03 AM   #60
country flag Caio_Brasil

Let's do it one set the favourite will win and it won't take too long.

Deal?