PYW Management 2009 - April to June tournaments available - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2009, 01:16 AM   #16
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PYW Management 2009

I'll make a thread for all of the futures, but I'll only count the scores for the one in Morocco.

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 01:22 AM   #17
country flag FilipeMB
why did I pay for premium

FilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
I'll make a thread for all of the futures, but I'll only count the scores for the one in Morocco.
OK, I count for Germany F4
FilipeMB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:27 AM   #18
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should make the thread, since you are running most of them, and I can't edit your posts to update draws, but you can.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:29 AM   #19
country flag FilipeMB

FilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
I think you should make the thread, since you are running most of them, and I can't edit your posts to update draws, but you can.
I'll only manage one future but
Old 01-27-2009, 01:34 AM   #20
country flag Baghdatis#1

Well, I'll try my best in counting votes. The threads have to be up. Draws can be found here:
http://www.itftennis.com/mens/

Old 01-27-2009, 02:06 AM   #21
country flag d_s

d_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond repute

If it's okay, I can open the thread for the PYW Futures since I'll be able to run a few of the tournaments but I'll need help.

and also, I was thinking for Futures, the scores should be counted as one normal set (up to 6) but win by 2 (so instead of 7-6, it'll keep going until the player wins by 2 votes)
d_s is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:13 AM   #22
country flag Baghdatis#1

^I like sudden death, so leave it as it is, unless others disagree

Old 01-27-2009, 02:24 AM   #23
country flag d_s

d_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond repute

Well whatever is fine with me, I'm just wondering if we have sudden death will the matches go by too fast?
Old 01-27-2009, 02:44 AM   #24
country flag d_s

and another question, for Futures we're using the same ranking points as ATP right?
Old 01-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #25
country flag FilipeMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_s View Post
and another question, for Futures we're using the same ranking points as ATP right?
yes.
About sudden death, if matches keep going too fast, then yes imho
Old 01-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #26
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with what Ozone wrote in the futures thread. I think it's too much making all the tournamets. It will be too much work to the managers (there are weeks with almost 20 tournaments) and we know very few future players anyway. I barely knew the player that I voted for today, almost only the latin-american guys and one or other from the rest of the world.

We could make something different for futures or not do it. Maybe everyone can pick his/her favourite player from the draw and the player with most votes is the champion

what do you guys think?
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:32 PM   #27
country flag FilipeMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caio_Brasil View Post
I have to agree with what Ozone wrote in the futures thread. I think it's too much making all the tournamets. It will be too much work to the managers (there are weeks with almost 20 tournaments) and we know very few future players anyway. I barely knew the player that I voted for today, almost only the latin-american guys and one or other from the rest of the world.

It wasn't my intent to run all the tournaments in any week. I mean, i selected some futures, that I made available for everyone else to pick one to manage and I pick one myself. If only me and him had step over to help, then only our two tournaments would be run.

d_s post all the draws for this week but we should set, as you said Caio, for now on, a limit of futures every week.

For this week, I choose the ones who seemed with more interesing entry list: Prodon, Ouahab, Aldi, Balleret @ Morocco F1, Nunez, Witten, Todero, Sabau, Paul @ USA F3, Satschko, Monroe, Elias @ Mexico F1, Rosol, Goodall, Bemelmans, Minar

but running some tournaments like Spain F3, Israel F2, Guatemala F1, France F1, Austria F2 is totally freak in any week even if managers enough.

Quote:
We could make something different for futures or not do it. Maybe everyone can pick his/her favourite player from the draw and the player with most votes is the champion

what do you guys think?
it's a good idea also
Old 01-27-2009, 11:45 PM   #28
country flag d_s

Yeah I also think it might be too much to do all the Futures every week
It'd also be a lot of work to do the rankings!

I think it might be better to do only 10k+H and higher tournaments (and maybe just one or two 10ks at most a week)
Old 01-28-2009, 12:14 AM   #29
country flag FilipeMB

all futures are crazyness, I will take about an hour to update the scores right now
the ranking, myself and Salum split the work so it will be as always published on next monday. probably next week we'll run only one or two futures as there will be 3 main tour tournaments and 3 challengers.
If anyone wants to manage main tour tourneys, just say here.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:19 AM   #30
country flag d_s

Do you think we should leave all the Futures for this week or take out all the 10ks?