Freezing Wednesday - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-21-2009, 05:24 AM   #76
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freezing Wednesday

Surprised so many were on mental midget mathieu in Australia. He can't perform here. Delic would have been nice odds. Mathieu is always fade material in Australia.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2009, 06:04 AM   #77
country flag Timotheus

Timotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
Surprised so many were on mental midget mathieu in Australia. He can't perform here. Delic would have been nice odds. Mathieu is always fade material in Australia.
That's a bit easy after the match.
Timotheus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:07 AM   #78
country flag Timotheus

Timotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timotheus View Post
Pironkova tb Bartoli 4/10 @ 2.75 ( 888 Sports )
Best WTA bet by far if you ask me. Bartoli is a horrible player to play and this is where her strength lies. She adjusts well to opponents and always tries to break them down. She also has many downswings however and always suffer in the hot and humid Australian conditions. Her recent Brisbane final doesn't say much looking at who she has beaten and the way she did it. Pironkova looked very good in her first round and is a nice attacking player who will be able to take advantage of the weak Bartoli serve, especially the second one. Bartoli leads the h2h 2-0 but Pironkova should have won the last encounter, getting a set and break lead. Much closer than the odds suggest.

Tipsarevic tb Cilic 4/10 @ 3/11 and 4/10 Tipsarevic +1.5 set @ 2.04 ( 10bet and 188bet )
Tipsy had his regular poor display as a huge fav and this isn't even strange anymore. Bookies still reacted a lot to this if you ask me but this match is something different. Both the Croats and the Serbians have massive support in melbourne and with the big tension always surrounding this it's almost a Davis Cup-like athmosphere I expect. Tipsy is at his best during the big matches and this is one of them. He is the better player, looking at his package of strokes and pure quality but Cilic has the mental edge. If tennis prevails here the Serbian should take the match. He should be able to dictate rallies when they go to the backhand side and has has the stuff to take advantage of the weaker second serve of Cilic. The +1.5 set is a bet I like a lot as well so it's somewhat of a cover in case it goes to 5 as well. Cilic won their only encounter 2 weeks ago in India with 6-4 0-6 and 6-4 and another tight affair is expected. No way Cilic should be this low.

Hrbaty tb Ferrer 4/10 @ 2.6 ( Betfair (netto of fees) )
Already 7 encounters between these guys with Ferrer leading 4-3 with 3 gravel matches in there as well. The last encounter was in 2006 so I won't value this too much though. Hrbaty seems reborn. He showed class to overcome Isner relatively easily and beating a player of his type always shows that confidence and focus are on. He was great at the Hopman Cup and from what I've heard he was by far the best qualifier as well here. Ferrer on the other hand is nothing of what he was 2 years ago. The quick and agile player who never made UE's turned into a hot or cold player with way too many swings in his play and less quick as well, which Gremelmayr proved with his many dropshots. 68UE against the German is simply incredible, especially for Ferrer and the Dom should take full advantage of this. What remains without Ferrer's previous strong points is just a mediocre player without any real weapons and a poor serve.

Also: Berdych+Djokovic+Mathieu+Nalbandian+Müller 6/10 @ 2.03 ( Gamebookers )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timotheus View Post
Adding (partially as a cover):
Muller -1.5 set 5/10 @ 1.68
Fish -1.5 set 4/10 @ 2.33

At least Fish deliverd (Muller still pending)
Old 01-21-2009, 06:14 AM   #79
country flag Gunner

Gunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt like any of the pre game odds so i had in running kohlscheiber 3-0 (which looked a bit shakey to be fair in just the first set!) @ 2.25 to my max stake allowed and under 3.5 sets at @ 1.95 to top it up to confirm my confidence...cmon kohl finish it quick please........

Also playing dokic but will wait in play just to make sure i like what i see ;-)
Old 01-21-2009, 06:45 AM   #80
country flag ivekinjo

ivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivekinjo View Post
M. Cilic @ 1.44
T. Robredo @ 1.58
S. Bolelli @ 2.48
D. Hrbaty @ 2.49

GL
W W L L

dogs aint biting, heat made them into hot dogs

Suppose it is not that case there is a God. Then time is infinite, and you are an empirically finite collection of chemicals. Since time is infinite and your youness is finite, then you have had infinite occurrence, and infinite variation. Since you have been infinitely varied, you would have attained the ability to forward, or compile, your memories. Yet it is not the case you have infinite regression of memory from time immemorial.
Hence, God exists.
ivekinjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:53 AM   #81
country flag Gunner

Gunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond reputeGunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Didnt like any of the pre game odds so i had in running kohlscheiber 3-0 (which looked a bit shakey to be fair in just the first set!) @ 2.25 to my max stake allowed and under 3.5 sets at @ 1.95 to top it up to confirm my confidence...cmon kohl finish it quick please........

Also playing dokic but will wait in play just to make sure i like what i see ;-)

Lost on both accounts, god damn santoro
Old 01-21-2009, 07:02 AM   #82
country flag shakes

shakes has a reputation beyond reputeshakes has a reputation beyond reputeshakes has a reputation beyond reputeshakes has a reputation beyond reputeshakes has a reputation beyond reputeshakes has a reputation beyond reputeshakes has a reputation beyond reputeshakes has a reputation beyond reputeshakes has a reputation beyond reputeshakes has a reputation beyond reputeshakes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis23 View Post
I saw Tomic's match... unless Muller is absolute shit and chokes he cant lose
My question is fatigue. Muller had a crazy 5 setter. That has to take its toll.
shakes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:29 AM   #83
country flag danielj

danielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
This early on in a slam it should be a good warm up match, depends on mullers fitness really, might take its toll in the next round but todays match should be fine.
Wta Top Totty: Julia Goerges
danielj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:55 AM   #84
country flag Gunner

Got on Dokic in play 1-1 @ 2.8
Old 01-21-2009, 08:10 AM   #85
country flag kinster

kinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinster View Post
I changed my mind again, offical bet below:

Match Handicap (Sets)
Baghdatis, Marcos +2.5 & Santoro, Fabrice +2.5 @2.11
Winner

Never in doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinster View Post
Santoro over Kohlschreiber 4.50 The magic man played very well on previous round.

Changed my mind Santoro to win at least a set @1.73 looks more certain
Can't believe it . I should of placed these bets as well but I had a little doubt on Santoro.

Last edited by kinster : 01-21-2009 at 09:37 AM.
kinster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #86
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Knapp to beat Voskoboeva - $2.20

Baghdatis to beat Soderling - $2.40

gl
lost/win
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:09 AM   #87
country flag Ontie

Ontie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario Gambler View Post
BERDYCH-Dabul 3-0 set betting @1.75, 3 units
FERRER over Hrbaty @1.67, 4 units
TROICKI over Robredo @2.65, 2 units
CILIC x NALBANDIAN x MATHIEU x WOZNIACKI @1.88, 3 units
NICULESCU over Errani @2.80, 1 unit (at least 1st set to be completed)
Quote:
Ivanovic-Brianti OVER 18.0 games @2.05, 2 units
Soderling-Baghdatis UNDER 40,5 games @1.93, 3 units
SANTORO (+2,5 sets handicap) over Kohlschreiber @1.58, 3 units
GARCIA-LOPEZ (+6,5 games) over Safin @1.95, 2 units
W
W
L
L
L
L
W
W
L

ytd W/L = 48/35

units staked = 266
units returned = 315.34

profit = +49.34 units
Ontie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:10 AM   #88
country flag superhoops

superhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond reputesuperhoops has a reputation beyond repute

In play bet: amazing odds

Del potro currently 2-0 in sets 1-0 up, has 7 games advantage, del potro -8.5 still at 1.4, big bet 15 units @ 1.4 del potro - 8.5

as i post he has broken to go 2-0, hold serve and the set bettting punt and this one is in!
SF: Sopot CH
QF: Guadalajara CH

Doubles (with tennisfancroatia unless stated)
CHAMPION: Vancouver CH
Runner-Up:
SF: Sopot CH, Astana CH(w/herbal), San Marino CH
QF:
superhoops is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:32 AM   #89
country flag Timotheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
Well Tomic had a long match as well, being on court for 3 hours and 15 minutes. Still no comparison to the 5.5 hours of Muller but don't forget that this was a centre court experience he has never witnessed before and that he is just 16. I reckon the impact of this on the youngster's physique is bigger than the one on Muller. During Muller's US Open run he proved to be able to handle this. Check these results:
Hard Roger Federer Gilles Muller 7-6(5) 6-4 7-6(5) 1/4 1.07 - 9.71
Hard Gilles Muller Nikolay Davydenko 6-4 4-6 6-3 7-6(10) Fourth 6.44 - 1.12
Hard Gilles Muller Nicolas Almagro 6-7(3) 3-6 7-6(5) 7-6(6) 7-5 Third 3.32 - 1.33
Hard Gilles Muller Tommy Haas 2-6 2-6 7-6(5) 6-3 6-3 Second 5.12 - 1.17
Hard Gilles Muller Laurent Recouderc 6-4 6-0 4-6 6-4 First 1.41 - 2.94
Hard Gilles Muller Tobias Kamke 6-3 4-6 6-2 Qualifying 1.4 - 2.8
Hard Gilles Muller Adrian Mannarino 7-6(2) 7-5 q-Second 1.45 - 2.61
Hard Gilles Muller Lamine Ouahab 6-7(9) 7-6(6) 7-5 q-First 1.3 - 3.31
Old 01-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #90
country flag Kraxths

Kraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond repute

why muller to be tired ? think a match between lopez and him how many points will have less than 2 balls in rallies
Kraxths is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote