Freezing Wednesday - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #31
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freezing Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by maconick View Post
Just a heads up

Soderling will definitely have way more fans and support, as the Hellas fan club are not supporting this year because of the problems last year

There was plenty of support still for Baggy in the last round. Loads of Greeks in Sydney - not so many Swedes.
nastoff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #32
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
LOL uh why? he looked ok to me 1st round
i haven't see that match but the h2h doesn't promise too much. baggy doesn't like the flat shots of soderling.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #33
country flag Ontie

Ontie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond reputeOntie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraxths View Post
why's that?
here you are

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...ory?id=3198133
Ontie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #34
country flag RIboy

RIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
LOL uh why? he looked ok to me 1st round
Bagy looked tired as hell at the end of the match...Sod is lucky that today will be calm weather with easy wind....i dont know- tricky one for me
Old 01-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #35
country flag Timotheus

Timotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario Gambler View Post
4 sets without a single break to Potato's serve. it's enough for me.
Muller lefty. maybe some fight...3-1 s.betting for me is possible
Without a single break? Tomic broke serve 3 times, Potato took his serve 5 times.
Timotheus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #36
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIboy View Post
Bagy looked tired as hell at the end of the match...Sod is lucky that today will be calm weather with easy wind....i dont know- tricky one for me
It is a tricky one but theres no way i'm going with Soderling at those odds, Baggy is worth betting will give you a decent run for your money, should be close

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #37
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

All singles, will be doing a parley but havent decided yet

Baggy over Soderling 6/5

Hrbaty over Ferrer 6/4

Knapp over Voskoboeva 10/11

Safarova over Erakovic 2/5

Dokic over Chakky 13/8

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 01-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #38
country flag ryan23

For everyone in the UK avoid williamhill shops unless you like hearing Andrew Castles tips- truly awfull, his tips are shocking

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 01-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #39
country flag Timotheus

Timotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond repute

Pironkova tb Bartoli 4/10 @ 2.75 ( 888 Sports )
Best WTA bet by far if you ask me. Bartoli is a horrible player to play and this is where her strength lies. She adjusts well to opponents and always tries to break them down. She also has many downswings however and always suffer in the hot and humid Australian conditions. Her recent Brisbane final doesn't say much looking at who she has beaten and the way she did it. Pironkova looked very good in her first round and is a nice attacking player who will be able to take advantage of the weak Bartoli serve, especially the second one. Bartoli leads the h2h 2-0 but Pironkova should have won the last encounter, getting a set and break lead. Much closer than the odds suggest.

Tipsarevic tb Cilic 4/10 @ 3/11 and 4/10 Tipsarevic +1.5 set @ 2.04 ( 10bet and 188bet )
Tipsy had his regular poor display as a huge fav and this isn't even strange anymore. Bookies still reacted a lot to this if you ask me but this match is something different. Both the Croats and the Serbians have massive support in melbourne and with the big tension always surrounding this it's almost a Davis Cup-like athmosphere I expect. Tipsy is at his best during the big matches and this is one of them. He is the better player, looking at his package of strokes and pure quality but Cilic has the mental edge. If tennis prevails here the Serbian should take the match. He should be able to dictate rallies when they go to the backhand side and has has the stuff to take advantage of the weaker second serve of Cilic. The +1.5 set is a bet I like a lot as well so it's somewhat of a cover in case it goes to 5 as well. Cilic won their only encounter 2 weeks ago in India with 6-4 0-6 and 6-4 and another tight affair is expected. No way Cilic should be this low.

Hrbaty tb Ferrer 4/10 @ 2.6 ( Betfair (netto of fees) )
Already 7 encounters between these guys with Ferrer leading 4-3 with 3 gravel matches in there as well. The last encounter was in 2006 so I won't value this too much though. Hrbaty seems reborn. He showed class to overcome Isner relatively easily and beating a player of his type always shows that confidence and focus are on. He was great at the Hopman Cup and from what I've heard he was by far the best qualifier as well here. Ferrer on the other hand is nothing of what he was 2 years ago. The quick and agile player who never made UE's turned into a hot or cold player with way too many swings in his play and less quick as well, which Gremelmayr proved with his many dropshots. 68UE against the German is simply incredible, especially for Ferrer and the Dom should take full advantage of this. What remains without Ferrer's previous strong points is just a mediocre player without any real weapons and a poor serve.

Also: Berdych+Djokovic+Mathieu+Nalbandian+Müller 6/10 @ 2.03 ( Gamebookers )
Timotheus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #40
country flag ryan23

Berdych+Djokovic+Mathieu+Nalbandian+Müller 6/10 @ 2.03 tailing you on that, should be an easy way to double your money

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 01-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #41
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

How on earth did Brian Dabul bt Petzchner 3-0.?

That was truly a shock.
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #42
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Baghdatis over Soderling

This is a grand slam which means Soderling is likely to play 50% lower than his usual level while Baggy will play 50% above. The courts might not be fast enough for the Toad's liking and he's the one most likely to lose patience in the longer rallies. There has also been a bit of wind swirling about the past few days and if that continues it will be to Baggy's advantage.

4u 2.4

Hrbaty over Ferrer

The Slovak warrior will present Ferrer with a lot of problems in this match up. Ferrer isn't as consistent from the baseline as he used to be and against a solid defender is likely to come up with a lot of errors. Hrbaty's confidence is sky-high right now. He has won 4 matches here, won the hopman cup and successfully proposed to his old lady all in the last few weeks.

3.5u 2.6

very tough to find the dogs in slams.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #43
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan View Post

That was truly a shock.
Petzschner was ill last week apparently
Old 01-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #44
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
very tough to find the dogs in slams.
Missed out on vaidisova again, the girl has been a gamblers dream in the last year.

Books still favour her too, its amazing really.
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #45
country flag ivekinjo

ivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond reputeivekinjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan View Post

That was truly a shock.
Petzschner is 1-4 when priced as a fav in main tour events

Lost in to Peya in Newport as 1.65 fav, Stadler in Tokyo 1.5 fav (straight sets), Vliegen in Basel 1.5 fav (straight sets) and now Dabul.

He won only vs Chardy in Doha after the first set went to tb.

Suppose it is not that case there is a God. Then time is infinite, and you are an empirically finite collection of chemicals. Since time is infinite and your youness is finite, then you have had infinite occurrence, and infinite variation. Since you have been infinitely varied, you would have attained the ability to forward, or compile, your memories. Yet it is not the case you have infinite regression of memory from time immemorial.
Hence, God exists.
ivekinjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote