The Tomas Cheering Thread - Page 83 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #1231
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Tomas Cheering Thread

Many congrats to Tomas and all his fans for a great win today. Good luck to him in the next round........... and a special and Happy Birthday for tomorrow, to my friend Jason Was a good, early present I bet

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2010, 09:48 PM   #1232
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraa00 View Post
Yaaaaaaaaaaa great win Tomas was very impressive in the first set (i only saw it )
Keep it up Tomas!

Lucie in the stands
Impressive? Watch the last 2 games of the 2nd set, words can't even describe how well Tomas played then.

As for Lucie she looked like a high school student

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ljubica* View Post

Many congrats to Tomas and all his fans for a great win today. Good luck to him in the next round........... and a special and Happy Birthday for tomorrow, to my friend Jason Was a good, early present I bet
Thanks Rosie Hell yeah it was a great birthday present, not as good as last year's (SoderKing def Rafa) but still good
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:53 PM   #1233
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Impressive? Watch the last 2 games of the 2nd set, words can't even describe how well Tomas played then.

As for Lucie she looked like a high school student

Thanks Rosie Hell yeah it was a great birthday present, not as good as last year's (SoderKing def Rafa) but still good
Belucci will do that for you tomorrow

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:11 PM   #1234
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Haha I so hope ur right
Old 05-30-2010, 10:17 PM   #1235
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
EXCELLENT performance today by Tomas!!!

I give him a very good chance to give Muzza a run for his money, if he manages to keep his head cool and play on like he does right now. Go Tomas!
Not a bad call eh?
That wasn't a 'run for his money' Tomas gave Muzza, but a genuine SPANKING!

I sense a GS SF coming up for the Birdman.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:34 AM   #1236
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond repute

I went to bed because I couldn't stay awake for a whole rain delay and the rest of the match, and what a great result! Equals his best ever grand slam result with this, so exciting. Taking out Murray in this way, with form like that.......wow. No sets lost yet.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:17 AM   #1237
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond repute

I know this is a video but I think it is easier to put it here so everyone sees it

Tomas's road to Roland Garros video

Old 05-31-2010, 07:16 AM   #1238
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

He's very sweet, especially when talking about Lucie
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:16 AM   #1239
country flag Davodus

I know he even does the english pronunciation of her name so we all know who she is, rather than doing the Czech pronunciation
Old 05-31-2010, 11:20 AM   #1240
country flag Certinfy

That was just awesome, thanks for bringing memories back of that DC tie against Russia though
Old 06-01-2010, 01:16 AM   #1241
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Message to Tomas: I've put 60K vCash on your a$$ to win. Please, no birdsh*tting tomorrow eh?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:06 AM   #1242
country flag Certinfy

I doubt he'll choke or mug it up tomorrow, he seems like he really wants to go far here!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:20 AM   #1243
country flag Certinfy

A slight interesting article with some quotes from Tomas:

"The Czech Republic’s Tomas Berdych has crept under the radar – both on and off court – to rise to No.17 in the world and earn himself a quarter-final tie against Mikhail Youzhny.

On the face of it, he ticks all the boxes: good looks, bright blue eyes and an explosive game. His ranking is more than respectable (No.17) and he is engaged to world No.25 Lucie Safarova. And yet this is not enough to get Tomas Berdych noticed by the fans. Despite winning the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris in 2005 and achieving stand-out results in 2010 (defeating Federer, Verdasco and Soderling at Key Biscayne for example before falling in the final to Roddick), he does not attract the spotlight. His victory on Sunday night over Andy Murray which propelled him into the quarter-finals of a Grand Slam for only the second time in his career (after Wimbledon 2007), ought to raise his profile, but then again…

“It doesn’t bother me,” the Czech almost apologizes, looking down at his feet. “I’m not looking to be super popular. In fact I don’t care. It’s cool to be on the front page of the newspaper, it’s a nice reward for all of the work and sacrifices over the years but at the same time, I’m not looking for recognition at all costs. I’m staying true to myself… natural. If people like me, that’s fine. If not…”

While there are fans who do like him, there are many people – chief among them his fellow players on the tour – who do not. In 2006, Fabrice Santoro refused to shake his hand after in the second round at Wimbledon , describing Berdych’s behaviour as “unacceptable” after the match. Fellow Frenchman Michael Llodra had words with him at Roland Garros in 2008, and Rafael Nadal has never forgiven an apparent lack of respect in Madrid in 2006.

Not that Berdych is losing any sleep over these incidents. “I don’t know the reason for these misunderstandings,” he says. “The French don’t like me? Maybe it’s because of our Davis Cup victory. In any event, I won’t be making any real friends on the tour. We’re all opponents. I don’t hang out with other players. I stay mostly with the other Czechs but my real friends are at home, not in tennis.”

One thing that the tennis circuit did bring him however is his fiancée. “Lucie knows what the job entails and we understand each other. We also get to spend time together when we compete in combined tournaments, and that’s fun. I like to watch her play.” The couple sometimes train together in Prostejov in the Czech Republic, and seem to have found the right balance for their careers – being together, and staying out of the spotlight…"

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...319967015.html
Old 06-01-2010, 12:21 PM   #1244
country flag Davodus

Interesting article...I never know why people don't like him actually. In all those matches I really don't think he did anything wrong. I mean, Llodra and Santoro always have had a bit of an attitude, and Tomas doesn't really do anything in matches that would annoy me...maybe shh'ing the crowd in Madrid but that was too hilarious anyway

And I also don't think he is engaged to Lucie, but that said if they were I don't think they would just tell everyone anyway. So either the person who wrote the article is mistaken, or they are and this is the first we hear. Either way it was/is only a matter of time
Old 06-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #1245
country flag Riosreigned

Riosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond repute

T-Berd is a good guy. He plays it clean but once in a blue moon the heat of the battle brings out hot emotions. This biofile Q&A with Big Berd at my signature site below express the nice nature of gentleman Tomas...