The Tomas Cheering Thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #46
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Tomas Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
How is that not trolling, I'm really curious?
Does it take an Einsteinesque intelligence to realize people like his game? Or that we don't live and die by players achieving or not achieving something?
How much did you lose since you keep popping up here to show your own frustration?
Take care and don't bet what you can't lose, you'll like him better then
Lol, I didn't lose much on Thomas in the first place, although it was a very annoying loss due to the nature of it..... Dont worry I've been doing fine since

Personally I like a player who is fully committed to their sport for a start, and yes I like a player who has the mental capabillities which enable him to reach his potential.

I'm not even sure what trolling is, but it's my honest opinion that due to his lack of application to training and improving his game, combined with perhaps not the strongest mindset has and will result in Thomas not fulfilling his immense potential.

I used to be a fan, I saw the potential and that he had all the tools to make it big, then I realised that he just doesn't have the mentallity to do so.
KaiserT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #47
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

So go like those player's in their own forums. Personally, I like players who are able to give me goosebumps with their game and make me like tennis as much as I do. To each their own, hope bandwagonning is fun for you
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #48
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute

Bandwaggoning? Lol.

As stated before it's the fact that Berdych's mental approach means that he can NEVER fulfill his potential that really gets me, not the fact that he's in bad form at the moment.

I'm a big Nishikori fan for example, and have been ever since I saw him at Indy 07, but he's absolutely rancid at the moment and has barely been fit in the last year. But I'm confident that his approach and general mentality wont be the things that let him down, although it seems like his body might do......

.......... Fair enough though, I probably shouldn't be commenting on a Berdych fan forum, I was just curious if his fans felt the same frustration with his career that I do.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #49
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Does it seem to you as if anyone here cares whether you like him or not and why?
And yes, if you're quick to jump on the wagon when you see potential and equally quick to disembark if it's not going as you hoped, that's the definition of bandwagonning. Good luck with Nishi, hope he doesn't let you down
On the bright side, you could have ended a Berdych richie21. Just hopping off is way better
Old 03-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #50
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Bandwaggoning is an overused term on here and you're completely wrong in what you say in terms of me being quick to disembark etc etc, preferring to use some buzzword instead of discussing anything intelligently.

I've given bottling Thomas a fair few years worth of chances, but I've recognised he is destined to promise much and deliver little because of his poor mentallity.

I don't like players who fail to make the most of what they have due to their mental deficiences, sloppyness, or general lazy attitude.

So yes, sometimes I spot potential in a player, become a fan, and then cease to become a fan because I get fed up of the players lack of committment to becoming the best player he can be..... can you reasonably state any reason why this is wrong instead of throwing out a pointless buzzword in reponse? (No thought not).
Old 03-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #51
country flag oranges

Old 03-04-2009, 05:41 AM   #52
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond repute

for 1, you were never a fan because his name is not thomas it's tomas...
Please don't come in here and speak like that about tomas, it's a forum for his fans, if you wanna hate, hate, but do it somewhere someone actually cares please.

Also, you claim that he will never fulfill his potential because of his approach to training, but do you know what that is? I have watched at least 4 of his training sessions at various australian tournaments over the last 2 years, and he is very very committed in these sessions, working very hard, practicing specific things and just overall trying his best.
Yes, he isn't as mentally strong as he needs to be, but who says he wont ever become that? He still has many years ahead of him and you of all people have no idea what will happen in them. He has a great game, and win or lose, I will remain a supporter of that game.
And yes, you are trolling
Old 03-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #53
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond repute

Tomas plays later on today against gilles simon in the first match of the CZE vs FRA davis cup tie

tough one for me...but I hope tomas wins and does well this week
Old 03-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #54
country flag Davodus

Tomas won the match 7-6 4-6 7-6 6-3
some mini chokes in all the sets he won, but nonetheless a good win
Old 03-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #55
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

I am totally not surprised by the result. I knew Tomas would beat the massively overrated Simon.
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:20 PM   #56
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

Tomas good win

please stop choking

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #57
country flag oranges

very good win
Old 03-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #58
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

Hope Tomas plays as well as he did during the first two sets against Roger at the AO throughout the whole match against Tsonga.
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #59
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Tomas!

Would be nice to see him do well against Tsonga as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:59 PM   #60
country flag oranges

Terrible draw in IW Youzhny-Nalbandian-Nadal

Good luck, if he gets past R3, it actually gets easier

[1] NADAL, Rafael ESP/BYE
[WC] ANDERSON, Kevin RSA v QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER v GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP
BYE/[26] TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS

[21] BERDYCH, Tomas CZE
/BYE
YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS v TROICKI, Viktor SRB
QUALIFIER v QUALIFIER
BYE/[14] NALBANDIAN, David ARG