Aug 2 - ESPN Schedule - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-02-2004, 07:53 PM   #1
mad1town

mad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aug 2 - ESPN Schedule

Looks like ESPN will be showing a replay of the Agassi - Fish match tonight at 8:00 PM ET (see website screen ripped schedule below).

Hopefully they will cut away occassionally to the Hewitt - Bogomolov (centre court) and/or the Fernando Gonzalez - Dmitry Tursunov (grandstand) for some live action. Both live matches should be interesting...
Attached Images
File Type: bmp aug2-espn.bmp (209.8 KB, 9 views)
mad1town is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2004, 08:33 PM   #2
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aug 2 - ESPN Schedule

What do you mean REplay? They're not airing it live

I don't think they'll cut into a taped broadcast with live stuff, I don't know if I've ever seen that before. damn espn.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:55 PM   #3
mad1town

mad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond repute

True...they will be broadcasting a recorded version of the Fish - Agassi match. Our only hope is that they cut over to another live match to show the conclusion of a close set/tiebreaker and/or at the conclusion of a match. Kind of like they do at the majors...
Old 08-02-2004, 08:58 PM   #4
country flag Socket

Socket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond repute

Fish/Agassi is already 90 minutes long, and they're about to start the fourth game of the third set, so I doubt if we'll get anything else tonight. . .
Socket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:11 PM   #5
country flag boliviana

boliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond reputeboliviana has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN has tried hard to show more matches and be less devoted to only those players from the US. They got such shit for how they handled the French . . . I just wish the Tennis channel had more tournaments . . . their coverage is pretty good.
boliviana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:47 PM   #6
mad1town

Fish retired in the 3rd so we may be more "live matches"!
Old 08-02-2004, 10:58 PM   #7
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

Not hardly. The Mardy & Andre match was 1 hour 42 minutes so ESPN is probably pleased that the match cooperated within their time frame . This way they can babble on for about 10 minutes...have the extra commercials...and promptly be off by 7 (or 10 for east coasters).

I'm always pissed off at ESPN for their crap coverage but tonight really takes the cake. Tonight would be a perfect opportunity to show the "other" Americans and to show that American against someone that most Tennis fans know.

Yes, i have bias in tonight's match but i've also noticed how hard it seems for McEnroe to even want to acknowledge Bogie as an American. He tried to avoid it at every turn last week in Toronto. He was probably breathing a sigh of relief that he didn't have to bring up the near perfect match that Alex played against Karlovic. And after his response to Drysdale about possible Davis Cup...I hope that Bogie refuses to even be a practice partner from now on.

But what do we get? A match that will be over for about 5 hours by the time it hits the air and it will end on a retirement
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:42 AM   #8
country flag Federer Fan

Federer Fan will become famous soon enoughFederer Fan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by boliviana
ESPN has tried hard to show more matches and be less devoted to only those players from the US. They got such shit for how they handled the French . . . I just wish the Tennis channel had more tournaments . . . their coverage is pretty good.
You're lucky. I wish I could get the tennis channel. I would think that a large company like Comcast would offer it but they dont. Its ridiculous. We get like 10 religious channels and 2 Golf channels but not tennis. I have the happy misfortune of depending on ESPN. Yea
Federer Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote