Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-29-2009, 10:40 AM   #31
country flag sophia_c

sophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
Cheapest domain name? Why didn't he just name it "DN" and move on from there? At least people would have some sort of clue what it was. The only people who would frequent this reload would either not know the history behind the whole thing or are new fans. I don't think you have to worry about mods going back for "a bite of the cherry" because we learned our lessons-biting cherries leave a sour taste in your mouth.
Anyway Tiff, perhaps this is exhausted now...and the site isn't up and running either...it still suggests that the forum is closed because of the expense of running it...not the ideal message to publish...but whatever...how are things with you? All good I hope
sophia_c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #32
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophia_c View Post
Anyway Tiff, perhaps this is exhausted now...and the site isn't up and running either...it still suggests that the forum is closed because of the expense of running it...not the ideal message to publish...but whatever...how are things with you? All good I hope

Well, for now, I'm at my brother's house because my area had a major ice storm. No power at my place right now, and don't know when it'll be restored. In the meantime, I'm making use of my brother's wireless connection to complete homework and correspond with people in email. I tell ya, the laptop was a great investment!!
Old 01-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #33
country flag Andra85

Andra85 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I gave in to bullying....ok...like I said it wasn't Tiff...(the person knows who she is)...then suddenly I was no longer a Mod, all my privilages () were taken away....and actually I felt in the end of the first version it was an "ego boosting camp" for people who had little else going on in their lives...

I do agree that
a) the name isn't really striking....maybe it was the cheapest domain name?
b) there is no place for it unless there is a lot of new blood out there that hasn't discovered MTF...serious doubts there
c) the only Mods that would go back for another bite of the cherry will be one or two of the old ego boosting army from before.........

It was likely the closest name he could get to the original name, but I'm not quite sure why he's gone from .net to .com. Perhaps he intends to make some cash from the site. Who knows. Until John comes back to post, we'll never know.

I doubt there will be any mods going back. When he closed the site abruptly, the remaining mods and the rest of the fans were dumped. Whatever else happened on that site, it was not a place for ego-boosting or fruit eating...
Old 01-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #34
country flag sophia_c

sophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andra85 View Post
It was likely the closest name he could get to the original name, but I'm not quite sure why he's gone from .net to .com. Perhaps he intends to make some cash from the site. Who knows. Until John comes back to post, we'll never know.

I doubt there will be any mods going back. When he closed the site abruptly, the remaining mods and the rest of the fans were dumped. Whatever else happened on that site, it was not a place for ego-boosting or fruit eating...

Well...thankfully democracy is a live and kicking and everyone is entitled to an opinion. Generally speaking, it is quite difficult to analyse how some people make others feel and if I used the term "ego boosting" that is how I felt ..as for cherry picking...feel free to knock yourself out!
sophia_c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #35
country flag Andra85

Andra85 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well...thankfully democracy is a live and kicking and everyone is entitled to an opinion. Generally speaking, it is quite difficult to analyse how some people make others feel and if I used the term "ego boosting" that is how I felt ..as for cherry picking...feel free to knock yourself out!
Hmm...I think I'll let that one go, thanks!