Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #16
country flag sophia_c

sophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davidnalbandian.Net Update Information

Wow...this again... I remember being a Mod on that site but got dumped by another Mod...well actually I would call it more liked bullying! I might add it was not Tiff...but I got to say I thought it was all dead and buried now...is there a market for another site? Don't all the people who want to speak about David come here? Sorry John...well I have been from here for a while but always kept myself up to date...and from an outsiders point of view...I really don't think there is a market for it....I could be very wrong!
sophia_c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #17
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

It was dead and buried not once, but twice....and now he wants to resurrect it a third time-under a name that's really crazy-looking? Yeah,that's what's happening, people. And you too can be part of the train wreck. As for me? No.

I got dumped unceremoniously because I was being "condescending." Whatever! How did what I said in any of the forum threads come off as "condescending?" If anything, I supported that site from day one. And my efforts get rewarded on two occasions as a "ban?" On the first occasion, I was shocked because I honestly did not think I did anything to be summarily "fired." The second time? I got angry-very angry. And when I get angry, watch out!! You all know that, right?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #18
country flag Jackie Stephens

Jackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond reputeJackie Stephens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
It was dead and buried not once, but twice....and now he wants to resurrect it a third time-under a name that's really crazy-looking? Yeah,that's what's happening, people. And you too can be part of the train wreck. As for me? No.

I got dumped unceremoniously because I was being "condescending." Whatever! How did what I said in any of the forum threads come off as "condescending?" If anything, I supported that site from day one. And my efforts get rewarded on two occasions as a "ban?" On the first occasion, I was shocked because I honestly did not think I did anything to be summarily "fired." The second time? I got angry-very angry. And when I get angry, watch out!! You all know that, right?
I have to agree with you but he might stick with it this time though.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:52 PM   #19
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Stephens View Post
I have to agree with you but he might stick with it this time though.
Until David loses at another event, and the press smear him all over their pages...then the anxiety is on.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:21 AM   #20
country flag Andra85

Andra85 is on a distinguished road

I thought maybe John would address these concerns by now.

FYI everyone, mods could never dump other mods at .net (either version). John had full control of that feature, although he did take input from other mods in order to make his decisions.

What I don't understand, really, is the choice of name for the third version of the site. "dotnalbandian"? Erm, who is Dot? Isn't that a little confusing? And I'm also curious about the change to .com from .net.

Oh well...the mystery remains for now.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:26 AM   #21
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Seeing as he hasn't come back on here to directly address the issues and effectively put to bed any doubts, I don't think the site has a prayer to be honest. If he were a bit more forthcoming about some of the things (I said SOME, not all)he decided to do, it may be OK-even great-but because of the lack of transparency, it's hard to support something like this.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:39 AM   #22
country flag FlavorNuts

FlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond repute

What was he thinking giving Tiff a mod badge in the first place.
FlavorNuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:02 AM   #23
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorNuts View Post
Yeah, what WAS he thinking? I guess he wasn't. What do you think?
Old 01-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #24
country flag Andra85

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorNuts View Post
John, is that you? You've come back!
Old 01-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #25
country flag Andra85

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
Seeing as he hasn't come back on here to directly address the issues and effectively put to bed any doubts, I don't think the site has a prayer to be honest. If he were a bit more forthcoming about some of the things (I said SOME, not all)he decided to do, it may be OK-even great-but because of the lack of transparency, it's hard to support something like this.
The new Dot Nalbandian site may be semi-successful, but in order to achieve that, it would have to attract new fans. I don't know how likely that is to happen. Most of the fans who were around for the first version of the site left for good when it closed. The few that remained came back for the second version, but that then closed. To be honest, most fans will probably feel a bit burned and wary of coming back. Some fans may believe the site is devoted to David's great aunt twice-removed, Dot Nalbandian, and therefore be hesitant to join.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #26
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andra85 View Post
The new Dot Nalbandian site may be semi-successful, but in order to achieve that, it would have to attract new fans. I don't know how likely that is to happen. Most of the fans who were around for the first version of the site left for good when it closed. The few that remained came back for the second version, but that then closed. To be honest, most fans will probably feel a bit burned and wary of coming back. Some fans may believe the site is devoted to David's great aunt twice-removed, Dot Nalbandian, and therefore be hesitant to join.

It's not even attracting OLD fans, never mind new ones. People lurking on this forum probably have a good idea of what to expect-more craziness, more suspicion...that kind of thing. With that in mind, they'll steer clear.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:50 PM   #27
country flag Andra85

True, but he does have the chance to attract random fans who don't know the history of it all. The new forum isn't open yet (I don't think), so no one can say if it's successful at attracting fans (old, new, or otherwise) - yet.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #28
country flag canas

canas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond repute

I love this site

Entry: - (Career High: - )

Race: -

W: Delray Beach 10 ,
canas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:29 AM   #29
country flag sophia_c

sophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andra85 View Post
I thought maybe John would address these concerns by now.

FYI everyone, mods could never dump other mods at .net (either version). John had full control of that feature, although he did take input from other mods in order to make his decisions.

What I don't understand, really, is the choice of name for the third version of the site. "dotnalbandian"? Erm, who is Dot? Isn't that a little confusing? And I'm also curious about the change to .com from .net.

Oh well...the mystery remains for now.

I gave in to bullying....ok...like I said it wasn't Tiff...(the person knows who she is)...then suddenly I was no longer a Mod, all my privilages () were taken away....and actually I felt in the end of the first version it was an "ego boosting camp" for people who had little else going on in their lives...

I do agree that
a) the name isn't really striking....maybe it was the cheapest domain name?
b) there is no place for it unless there is a lot of new blood out there that hasn't discovered MTF...serious doubts there
c) the only Mods that would go back for another bite of the cherry will be one or two of the old ego boosting army from before.........
sophia_c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #30
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophia_c View Post
I gave in to bullying....ok...like I said it wasn't Tiff...(the person knows who she is)...then suddenly I was no longer a Mod, all my privilages () were taken away....and actually I felt in the end of the first version it was an "ego boosting camp" for people who had little else going on in their lives...

I do agree that
a) the name isn't really striking....maybe it was the cheapest domain name?
b) there is no place for it unless there is a lot of new blood out there that hasn't discovered MTF...serious doubts there
c) the only Mods that would go back for another bite of the cherry will be one or two of the old ego boosting army from before.........
Cheapest domain name? Why didn't he just name it "DN" and move on from there? At least people would have some sort of clue what it was. The only people who would frequent this reload would either not know the history behind the whole thing or are new fans. I don't think you have to worry about mods going back for "a bite of the cherry" because we learned our lessons-biting cherries leave a sour taste in your mouth.