Spamming for commercial-looking tennis game website - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spamming for commercial-looking tennis game website

The user "tedlesurfeur" is currently busy spamming MTF users with a commercial fantasy tennis game called IQT Revolution. The PM contains a lot of graphics and makes the user think it's an MTF game but it in fact contains links to a commmercial website.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)

Last edited by TankingTheSet : 01-28-2009 at 12:04 PM.
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spamming for commercial tennis game website

I deleted it right away. I don't trust those kind of things.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #3

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

Says who!

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
Old 01-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #4

I have no 100% proof that the game is commercial. But the following link about 'tennis dollars' gives a high index of suspicion that you may have to pay, if not now then in the future.

http://iqtr.niceboard.net/career-pla...llars-t242.htm

This is common 'trick' in commercial games on the internet. To start playing you don't to pay anything, but to be succesful in the game you might be forced to pay for 'upgrades/energy'.

But as soon as someone starts mass-mailing every MTF user id participating in existing MTF games, you have to be a little suspicious.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankingTheSet View Post
Says who!
Very funny.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:58 PM   #6
country flag 10K Futures Qualifier
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, they spammed me to.
10K Futures Qualifier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:00 AM   #7
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha.

No it is *not" a commercial site

and you should know that I have spoken to moderators about this on both tennisforum and mtf !! I explained that I didn't have time to duplicate the game for both tennisforum and mtf. So I created it separately so it could benefit members from both forums. Furthermore, I only informed members who would be seemingly interested in playing, not everyone.

I also explained that it was *not* a forum of discussion about tennis, and is in no competition whatsoever with tennisforum or mtf, because I come from tennisforum and mtf !!

I know you didn't mean wrong when you posted this thread, and I understand why. But next time, come and talk to me, what do you think?
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:17 AM   #8

Large scale sending of PMs on MTF by harvesting usernames from MTF games is just wrong in my eyes.

Did moderators on MTF approve a mass PM advertising campaign as you say?

Why not just post a thread in the forum explaining the game?

And I know you say it is not commercial, but let me be clear, I've seen the same kind of game concepts before and the same claims that it's 'free and not commercial' and then it turns out people have to start paying for 'upgrades' to be competitive in the game.

The site looks well-designed, nice graphics, that's also why was a little suspect because I thought all that work can't be for nothing.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:56 AM   #9
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Large scale sending of PMs on MTF by harvesting usernames from MTF games is just wrong in my eyes.
x2
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:53 AM   #10

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Did moderators on MTF approve a mass PM advertising campaign as you say?

Why not just post a thread in the forum explaining the game?

And I know you say it is not commercial, but let me be clear, I've seen the same kind of game concepts before and the same claims that it's 'free and not commercial' and then it turns out people have to start paying for 'upgrades' to be competitive in the game.

The site looks well-designed, nice graphics, that's also why was a little suspect because I thought all that work can't be for nothing.

Well, my guess is that you see "wrong" a little bit everywhere. You can ask many members who have been playing for a year or two, and ask them if they ever paid anything. Jeez. It's only a game. and yes, at first there was a thread for my game, and there still is supposed to be one (but I realize it's not there, and I know why).

Writing "commercial" in this thread was totally made up by you, let's be clear on that. I sent the PM to what ? 25 members ? and only gamers. You call it advertising ? I'm not having a commercial space so far I think you're a bit hard on me.

Yes, there are graphics, and it asks for a lot of maintenance. what do I get ?? nothing. Who did I make this game for ?? Members from TF and from here. Am I earning anything ? No. Is this totally for you guys ? Yes.

I think you're going a little too far. Now I apologize for offending you in any way. That was not my intention.

Last edited by tedlesurfeur : 01-28-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:13 AM   #11
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

It's not a commercial thing

just a fun game

no harm done, maybe stop the pm sending if it is this upsetting
there was/is a thread about it in the games forum (did you make one there?)
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Carlita*~ View Post
It's not a commercial thing

just a fun game

no harm done, maybe stop the pm sending if it is this upsetting
there was/is a thread about it in the games forum (did you make one there?)
Well I had created it last time we talked about it, remember? and I had explained IQT was not about discussing tennis. But I remember my pc froze when I sent it. Then I forced my pc to shut down and went to bed and totally forgot about it the day after that !! I'm so ashamed I haven't checked if it was created

Sorry Carlita This mess is because of me.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #13
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlesurfeur View Post
Well I had created it last time we talked about it, remember? and I had explained IQT was not about discussing tennis. But I remember my pc froze when I sent it. Then I forced my pc to shut down and went to bed and totally forgot about it the day after that !! I'm so ashamed I haven't checked if it was created

Sorry Carlita This mess is because of me.
you clean it up then
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #14

done