New game.... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-23-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
country flag Australian_dream2009

Australian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Default New game....

Anyone interested on a new game ---- I have some ideas.

Phau - Falla - Golubev
Elias - Machado - Gil - Sousa
Australian_dream2009 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
country flag trucul

trucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian_dream2009 View Post
Anyone interested on a new game ---- I have some ideas.
Why not ? Just tell us more about your ideas ...
2009: 61
2008: 63
trucul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:00 PM   #3

Australian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond reputeAustralian_dream2009 has a reputation beyond repute

It's something similar to suicide and to TT

Phau - Falla - Golubev
Old 12-23-2008, 06:02 PM   #4

There is a draw in Tennis Chess for as many players as in real WTA Tournament we're playing without byes:

aaa vs bbb
ccc vs ddd
xxx vs yyy

The main rule is just to make more right picks in each round than your opponent. If you do you reach next round, if not you're out.

R1
aaa vs bbb 9-7
ccc vs ddd 11-9

R2
aaa vs ccc

If there is a draw in 1st round, a winner is that whos posted his last picks earlier (but if someone will edit his pick later is also counting like posting picks)
In next rounds in case of draw firstly we look back to previous round to emerge a winner:

R2
aaa vs ccc 6-6 -> R1: aaa-9, ccc-11
winner is ccc

In case of draw in R2 and the same number of right picks in R1 there is a time of posted R2 picks deciding.

Phau - Falla - Golubev
Old 12-23-2008, 06:02 PM   #5
country flag trucul

trucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian_dream2009 View Post
It's something similar to suicide and to TT
I had also something like this in mind. Could you please explain the rules you see and the diffs compared to the existing games ? (either in this thread or just PM me).
Old 12-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #6

I took it from TF and I think is cool and simple.

Phau - Falla - Golubev
Old 12-23-2008, 06:46 PM   #7
country flag trucul

Good idea but I think it is too close from Tennis Tipping. Advantadge is that it does not require manager (since all picks are given in the thread). However, I would find it quite unfair that you lose "just" because you have sent your picks after your opponent.

Actually, it makes me think about some potential ideas ...
I will try to explain them cleary in the next folders ...
Old 12-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #8
country flag trucul

First one is similar to suicide tennis:

about a game where you have to predict every day one winner in a list of 5 possible matches (selected by the manager, the most tricky ones of the day)
The goal is to have the biggest winning streak. If you lose one day, your counter is reset to 0 and you are allowed to restart another winning streak.
You have 2 jokers per month where you are allowed to not send picks for a given day (just because you forgot it or you are not confident to find the right winner).

You can start a new streak whenever you want. Every day, a new updated ranking will be published with current winning streak per player and highest winning streak per player.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:15 PM   #9
country flag trucul

Second one is similar to TT but you are not playing against one opponent but against everybody. Duration of the game is 1 month. Game starts first day of the month. The goal is to send picks daily for a list of 5 matches selected by the manager (any tournament, whether it is doubles or singles, but the most tricky ones). Every day, the worst players are out of the tournament.

For instance, assume you have 40 players starting to send picks on January 1st.
Manager decides that the worst 3 regarding picks on January 1st are out of the game in January (or if more than 3 players do not send picks, all of them will be out).
The remaining ones send picks on January 2nd and 3 players then are out after day 2 and 34 players remain. And so on and so on until 30 players remain in the game where only 2 players per day will be out and so on until there are n days remaining in the month and n players remain. Then, 1 player will be out each day. And, last day of the month is day where 2 players remain for the final.

At the end of the month, you get some points depending on the day of the month where you are out.

Each day, the player having the best picks gets a joker and it will not be possible to eliminate him the day after (except the last week of the game when there are less than 8 players remaining).
Old 12-23-2008, 10:29 PM   #10
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

I also have two or three interesting ideas in mind, but I think the problem is that most users have enough games to play (PAW, TT, Suicide) or don't even play all three and thus probably won't play a new one.
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:07 PM   #11
country flag trucul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
I also have two or three interesting ideas in mind, but I think the problem is that most users have enough games to play (PAW, TT, Suicide) or don't even play all three and thus probably won't play a new one.
You are right. So, maybe my first proposal could be changed to following one:

"about a game where you have to predict one winner in a list of 3 to 6 possible matches (selected by the manager, the most tricky ones of the day)
The goal is to have the biggest winning streak. If you lose one day, your counter is reset to 0 and you are allowed to restart another winning streak.

You can skip some days whenever you want. The only mandatory thing is that you can only select maximum 1 match per day.

You can start a new streak whenever you want. Every day, a new updated ranking will be published with current winning streak per player and highest winning streak per player. "

This means that players can play whenever they want. If they want to have their winning streaks when playing only during week-ends, that is fine.

Last edited by trucul : 01-03-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:21 AM   #12
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the ideas and would play
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #13
country flag trucul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf07 View Post
I like the ideas and would play
Thanks.

Let us try and see if it is popular or not. I will open it now. This will be a new thread named "Tennis Winning Streak Game".
Old 01-10-2009, 12:55 AM   #14
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

I played Tennis Chess on TF, although it lasted for 4 tourneys . I reached a final in one of them, Quebec City

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:16 PM   #15

I think we can make Tennis Chess here.

Phau - Falla - Golubev