Australian Open 2009 - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #211
country flag my0118

my0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open 2009

What can I say? Lu just played better and David didn't play well enough to pull it off.
I didn't hoped up so much, but also I didn't expect him to be out of the tournament so early.
Maybe next time David, You have still things to do.
my0118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #212
country flag camilia

camilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepi. View Post
WTF David???????????????????
Pepi sweetie don't cry
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #213
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanora View Post
He smashed the racquet again? That must be horrible to watch at live....
hi novanora,

Good to see that you've been thinking of me.

It was a difficult match to watch, yes. At least he didn't lose in straight sets though. When you're watching live, you get to hear all the spectator noise and all that, which kind of makes the feeling worse. Especially considering the majority of spectators were cheering for Lu.

Yes, he was in a bad mood although it seemed less destructive to me than against Gicquel this time, like he played at pretty much a similar level.

He couldn't seem to string points together which was very annoying. Lu was by far the more solid player and better in all departments, and I never got the feeling that his level of play was going to ever drop that much. David's serve and return of serve, particularly when blocking it back was very awful. I think even in that third set that he won, he got broken twice.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:23 AM   #214
country flag freeandlonely

freeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond repute

So dejected, now AO 09 is a bit boring for me
Still I expect to see...maybe the big 4 clash, but that's whatever now...

GOOD STUFF MUST BE DONE
freeandlonely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:41 AM   #215
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
hi novanora,

Good to see that you've been thinking of me.

It was a difficult match to watch, yes. At least he didn't lose in straight sets though. When you're watching live, you get to hear all the spectator noise and all that, which kind of makes the feeling worse. Especially considering the majority of spectators were cheering for Lu.

Yes, he was in a bad mood although it seemed less destructive to me than against Gicquel this time, like he played at pretty much a similar level.

He couldn't seem to string points together which was very annoying. Lu was by far the more solid player and better in all departments, and I never got the feeling that his level of play was going to ever drop that much. David's serve and return of serve, particularly when blocking it back was very awful. I think even in that third set that he won, he got broken twice.
yeah, I keep thinking of you in that match. I thought it was very tough to watch, not only the way that he played but also watching him abused the racquet, even the water barrel, that is very annoying. I experienced the same thing before more than one time when I watched his live match, which really frustrated me a lot indeed.

I can understand there are a lot of people support Lu. There are always many Taiwanese fans coming to watch AO every year, and looking at David’s behaviors on the court, I don’t feel surprised that if some other neutral fans will also change to cheer for Lu. I checked Lu’s interview after that match, he said at the end of the match, he knew that David has the best backhand in the tour and prepared for his forehand returns, so Lu changed his mind and served to David’s backhand all the time on breakpoint and he succeeded. So in that match, Lu was the better one with better mentality and preparation. I just feel a little pity for David coz it seems he was quite prepared for AO before this week but finally lost early with disappointment.

So you will stay until end of this week? I hope you still enjoy the other matches though. It’s great to experience the GS atmosphere anyway.
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:53 AM   #216
country flag camilia

camilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for discussing the match everybody, I appreciated reading the posts since I only got to watch the fifth set
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:27 AM   #217
country flag Leonardo

Leonardo has a reputation beyond reputeLeonardo has a reputation beyond reputeLeonardo has a reputation beyond reputeLeonardo has a reputation beyond reputeLeonardo has a reputation beyond reputeLeonardo has a reputation beyond reputeLeonardo has a reputation beyond reputeLeonardo has a reputation beyond reputeLeonardo has a reputation beyond reputeLeonardo has a reputation beyond reputeLeonardo has a reputation beyond repute

Leonardo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #218
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah, I keep thinking of you in that match. I thought it was very tough to watch, not only the way that he played but also watching him abused the racquet, even the water barrel, that is very annoying. I experienced the same thing before more than one time when I watched his live match, which really frustrated me a lot indeed.

I can understand there are a lot of people support Lu. There are always many Taiwanese fans coming to watch AO every year, and looking at David’s behaviors on the court, I don’t feel surprised that if some other neutral fans will also change to cheer for Lu. I checked Lu’s interview after that match, he said at the end of the match, he knew that David has the best backhand in the tour and prepared for his forehand returns, so Lu changed his mind and served to David’s backhand all the time on breakpoint and he succeeded. So in that match, Lu was the better one with better mentality and preparation. I just feel a little pity for David coz it seems he was quite prepared for AO before this week but finally lost early with disappointment.

So you will stay until end of this week? I hope you still enjoy the other matches though. It’s great to experience the GS atmosphere anyway.
I thought the first round match was extremely difficult to enjoy, but I was better prepared for it the second time. Maybe also because the match I was so close I was more focused on the tennis in it (actually that was probably the main reason). I don't think he abused the water barrel, it just looked like he ran into it, but he did kick one of the backboards.

I was thinking the same thing about the support Lu was receiving, because it wasn't that evident at the start but grew louder towards the end.

I'm staying until the Saturday but I have to leave relatively early on that day so I won't get to watch much. I obviously didn't plan that out well enough thinking I'd get back in time to watch the men's night match on TV.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:10 AM   #219
country flag freeandlonely

freeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond repute

Come back strong Dave, I love you.
We love you.

GOOD STUFF MUST BE DONE
freeandlonely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #220
country flag safinafan

safinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in Argentina, Nalband
Old 02-05-2009, 03:58 AM   #221
country flag E-r-i-c

E-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in clay season, DAVE
E-r-i-c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:01 AM   #222
country flag E-r-i-c

E-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Your avatar makes me
E-r-i-c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote