Australian Open 2009 - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-19-2009, 05:57 PM   #136
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by camilia View Post
thanks for the description, hope you enjoyed it
I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camilia View Post
I hope he won't underestimate anybody cause with David you never know
True.
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #137
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

I'm just dropping in for a moment. Yes, I watched last night's match and I found it to be uncomfortable to watch at times seeing David constantly berate himself especially live since it seemed very real. And that very fiery racquet smash that he did in the second set, followed by yet another one...

It wasn't a good performance to say the least, he seemed to be struggling quite a bit with his serve and forehand. But in the end, he composed himself enough to play a solid third and fourth sets.

I have put in my report on Tennis Week but I'm not sure how long it will take to go up. But it won't be very interesting because I couldn't help type something here first.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #138
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there.

So you had front-row seats for David's show last night.
By the way, I'll never say anything about Carlos Bernardes again...
Yeah, the only really good thing was that he regained his focus after the second set.

And I'll keep checking Tennis Week, of course.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #139
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
Hey there.

So you had front-row seats for David's show last night.
By the way, I'll never say anything about Carlos Bernardes again...
Yeah, the only really good thing was that he regained his focus after the second set.

And I'll keep checking Tennis Week, of course.
I was thinking of you as soon as I saw Carlos Bernandes come out.

I wasn't specifically right up the front but I was in the centre and had the "TV view" that I said that I liked. Although it doesn't have as much of an appeal as I initially thought.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:35 PM   #140
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
I was thinking of you as soon as I saw Carlos Bernandes come out.
Yeah, I thought you would.

Quote:
I wasn't specifically right up the front but I was in the centre and had the "TV view" that I said that I liked. Although it doesn't have as much of an appeal as I initially thought.
Why? Would you have preferred a seat at the side?
Old 01-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #141
country flag krystlel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
Yeah, I thought you would.

Why? Would you have preferred a seat at the side?
Not really, but they're about the same to me. I guess it is a lot easier to analyse the tactics of a match from behind the players though, but it doesn't necessarily give me any more of a thrill.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:48 PM   #142
country flag Joolz

So in the end it was too much like watching TV?
Old 01-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #143
country flag krystlel

I guess so, although if I got to choose again I would still choose to sit on that spot.

I think overall even on the side view for some reason I'm just not really hearing the sound of the ball that much, maybe because my ears were blocked yesterday morning for a relatively long time until late last night. Yes, it was very annoying.

I much prefer the bigger showcourts by the way because they aren't blocked by shade covers and umpire seats.

Vodafone Arena is very nice although there was an annoying lady sitting next to me that told me not to talk on my mobile phone, even though they were only in their warm-up.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #144
country flag Joolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
Vodafone Arena is very nice although there was an annoying lady sitting next to me that told me not to talk on my mobile phone, even though they were only in their warm-up.
Maybe she didn't know it was only the warm-up.
I also keep calling it Vodafone Arena. And not Hisense...
Old 01-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #145
country flag freeandlonely

freeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond repute

Please keep going... I soooooo want to see exciting clash - for me ,that is whenever David competes with the very top. When everyone focus on just how big 4 facing each other, I feel so lonely. Nalby,how about actually joins them...VAMOS
freeandlonely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:53 AM   #146
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

This is not going into direction it should. David looks like he is sleeping and can not wake up. Set down and 3-2 in the second.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:07 AM   #147
country flag HeretiC

kristlel, you are probably somewhere in the stands. Wake up the crowd, they are looking as letargic as David.

Last edited by HeretiC : 01-21-2009 at 05:20 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:21 AM   #148
country flag HeretiC

6-5, but with this kind of play I don't think he has a chance to win a TB.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:50 AM   #149
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks God he won the 2nd set by 7-5. He is just like meeting the same problem as last year in AO, same 2nd round, same sleepy. Well, I am not watching this match on TV coz I am in the office for working, but from your words, it sounds like he is quite inanimate in the match? I heard from others that he was so furious in the match that kicked the bulletin board and even the water barrel.
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:18 AM   #150
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

David first got broken when 3-3, but broke back twice later and won 3rd set by 6-4. whew.......hope Krystlel is still ok what a match....
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote