Tennis Tipping #5a - Wrocław - Congrats kwiklimey and l_mac/-Evita-! - Page 20 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #286
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping #5a - Wrocław - Congrats kwiklimey and l_mac/-Evita-!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Is this fish the prize that we won? Or is it for the manager?

Anyway, Betty asked for a speech. Here's mine:

"Hello everyone! Wow... I am a doubles champion. I never imagined such a day would come. As recently as three months ago I thought Tennis Tipping was too hard for me to play. But I decided to try it out in the new season after receiving the right encouragement and now, barely a month later, I'm a doubles champion. I'm still speechless.

I want to thank all my supporters from the Rafa chat thread - Betty, who posted here even when she wasn't supporting me (you're forgiven, by the way), Adam (adee-gee), who I think also wished me luck, and all the hundreds of people who didn't post anything but were cheering for me silently. And last but not least - Linda (l_mac), who explained the rules to me when I was starting out, and fought hard with me to win the title.

Oh yes, I almost forgot - thank you to Zirconek, the tournament manager. You provided me with plenty of tense moments while I waited for the differences every day. I want to especially thank you for fixing the mistake in R1 and allowing us to get through to the second round. I feel that was the key moment in this tournament when I started really believing that I could win.

I would also like to congratulate ilovetheblues_86/frici for the hard R1 match they gave us, it was the hardest match for us and we were a bit lucky to win it on SR differences. We also had a bit of luck when our opponents AceMaker and zveeen forgot to send their picks. But all in all I feel that we deserved the title and I'm very happy we got it. I hope to keep improving and win a singles title one day. See you in Belgrade!"

P.S. In case you didn't notice, this speech is not entirely serious

good speech

only you could be nicer with the manager
you should highlight the good work, not the very few and small and promptly corrected mistakes during daily updates; differences also came pretty quick, you're too impatient

Old 02-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #287
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping #5a - Wrocław - Congrats kwiklimey and l_mac/-Evita-!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiklimey View Post
Cheers Zirconek...must be a lot of effort to run these tournaments you did a great job

Not quite my debut...lost in the final Q round of Carson when I didn't send picks...going to be tough for me to do tournaments in America because of the time zone as I found to my cost...but should be OK for tourneys in Europe, Africa, Asia and Oz

Look forward to seeing the rankings now, hopefully got enough points that I can get direct entry into most challengers after Belgrade!

Congrats

I won my first title here too, and was my second tournament (in first one I also stopped at qualy final round, but didn't give W.O. to my opponent ). It was a great tournament managed by Adam (adee-gee)
Old 02-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #288
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Congrats to kwiklimey and commiserations to zveen and Pixel

For my partner My most successful TT partnmership to date. usually I play with boys ... maybe this is my mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
And to Edu My favouritist manager

thank you very much, sweetie
Old 02-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #289
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconek View Post
good speech

only you could be nicer with the manager
you should highlight the good work, not the very few and small and promptly corrected mistakes during daily updates; differences also came pretty quick, you're too impatient
C'mon, I gave you a rep And you were certainly better than some ATP managers who're managing right now I'll be happy to play in another tournament of yours
Old 02-10-2009, 01:23 AM   #290
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
C'mon, I gave you a rep And you were certainly better than some ATP managers who're managing right now I'll be happy to play in another tournament of yours
the rep was very nice, thank you and I hope you play in my next tournaments since you bring entertainment to the game
we - managers - sometimes would like more feedback from the players
Old 02-10-2009, 01:25 AM   #291
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Final awards will come someday in the end of the week
Stay tuned
Old 02-10-2009, 02:24 AM   #292
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Weird Fishes/Arpegi- Radiohead.

Feedback- vamos Manager errors! will be eternized. Just kidding. It was nice.
Prizes- medal, medal!

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote