Australian Open 2009 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-21-2009, 06:38 AM   #31
country flag Jelena_78

Jelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open 2009

Back in the set!

*5-5

HOLD Marcos!!!

Janko Tipsarević

Novak Đoković | Roger Federer | Marcos Baghdatis | Mikhail Youzhny | Andy Murray | Grigor Dimitrov | Juan Martin Del Potro | Dušan Lajović

Jelena_78 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2009, 06:41 AM   #32
country flag Jelena_78

Jelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond repute

6-5*

Janko Tipsarević

Novak Đoković | Roger Federer | Marcos Baghdatis | Mikhail Youzhny | Andy Murray | Grigor Dimitrov | Juan Martin Del Potro | Dušan Lajović

Old 01-21-2009, 06:45 AM   #33
country flag Jelena_78

40-15*

2 SPs!

Janko Tipsarević

Old 01-21-2009, 06:46 AM   #34
country flag Jelena_78

3-6 7-5

Pame Marcos!!!

Janko Tipsarević

Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 AM   #35
country flag Jelena_78

4-1*

Janko Tipsarević

Old 01-21-2009, 07:29 AM   #36
country flag Jelena_78

3-6 7-5 6-3

One more Marcos, one more!

Janko Tipsarević

Old 01-21-2009, 08:08 AM   #37
country flag Jelena_78

3-6 7-5 6-3 6-3!!!

Haven't seen that smile for so long!!!

Good luck vs Fish!

Janko Tipsarević

Old 01-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #38
country flag baghdatis

baghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say that this match was INSANE! an unbelievable comeback by marco, and as always, was showing love to us fans.

Huge atmosphere was created by us Hellenic fans
baghdatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #39
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so happy for him.
Couldn't watch it, but good to see that his fighting spirit brought him back into this match.

now beat Fishy and get that match versus Djoker
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:25 PM   #40
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

Big win!! He just looked timid in the 1st and hes always struggled with his 1st serve %age. Great comeback! He looks great when he finally goes for more shots.

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #41
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Marcos
He is such a fighter

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:50 AM   #42
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

From the Australian Open official site:

Baghdatis bounces back to unseat Swede

Wednesday 21 January 2009
By Bronwen Largier

Marcos Baghdatis has taken out 16th seed Robin Soderling in a gripping four-set second-round match of Australian Open 2009.

With the overwhelming support of the bulk of the crowd, Baghdatis took almost three hours to overcome the Swede 3-6 7-5 6-3 6-3.

With the conspicuous absence of the usual Swedish fans in the stands, Soderling earned two breaks of serve early to lead the match 4-0. Baghdatis broke back in the fifth game, but it wasn’t enough to save the set.

It was the fifth game of the second set, with Baghdatis trailing 4-0 again, that the match turned around. Baghdatis held serve without dropping a point, and went on to break Soderling three times in his next four service games to close out the set 7-5.

With an improvement in his serve and a drop in his number of unforced errors coinciding with a rise in the errors of his opponent, Baghdatis broke Soderling again in the opening game of the third. Soderling managed to get in a break in the next game, but the Cypriot got another break in the fourth to lead the set 3-1.

Although Soderling’s powerful forehand won him a few crucial points and he was able to push Baghdatis around the court, the Swede could not get back on top of the match.

Baghdatis chased down balls relentlessly and served a number of aces in the final few sets – he served three in the fifth game of the third set alone.

Breaking the Swede twice in the final set, Baghdatis got a standing ovation from the crowd when a backhand passing shot won him the match.

After the match he said the support of fans in Melbourne “makes me feel good on court, so it makes me want to fight and have a reason to fight”.

“It feels like I have a Grand Slam at home,” he said.

Baghdatis, who is currently ranked 97 in the world after an injury-riddled last season saw him play just 12 tournaments, said he was gradually learning to trust his body again.

“I’m feeling very good, but like I said before, in the beginning of the tournament you know, every time I wake up I have a bit of pain somewhere, I’m scared … so I need some confidence in my body. Slowly, slowly, it’s coming.”

Baghdatis will play American Mardy Fish in the third round on Friday.

Quick facts

Baghdatis served 13 aces to Soderling’s seven

Soderling had a whopping 69 unforced errors, while Baghdatis had 47

Baghdatis won five of six points where he came to the net (83 per cent), while Soderling was successful on 63 per cent of his net approaches (19-for-30)

Both players had a fastest first serve of 208km/h
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:55 AM   #43
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Marcos' first objective is accomplished. He defended his points from last year.

Keep going, Marcos!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:19 AM   #44
country flag Getta

FRIDAY OOP

Hisense Arena

11:00 Start

Men's Singles - 3rd Round
Juan Martin Del Potro(ARG) vs. Gilles Muller(LUX)

Women's Singles - 3rd Round
Daniela Hantuchova(SVK) vs. Alize Cornet(FRA)

Andy Roddick(USA) vs. Fabrice Santoro(FRA)

19:30 Start

Women's Singles - 3rd Round
Alisa Kleybanova(RUS) vs. Ana Ivanovic(SRB)

Marcos Baghdatis(CYP) vs. Mardy Fish(USA)

Good luck, Marcos

Last edited by Getta : 01-22-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #45
country flag H_E_L_L_A_S

H_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond reputeH_E_L_L_A_S has a reputation beyond repute

Baggy 3-0 im thinking, hes gunna be way too good for Fish
H_E_L_L_A_S is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote