The "Here's to a Healthy 2009" Cheering Thread! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #16
country flag julia_gu

julia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Here's to a Healthy 2009" Cheering Thread!

julia_gu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #17
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

niiiiiiiice
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #18
country flag tsurupettan
aeroDYNAMIC

tsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond repute

tsurupettan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #19
country flag ataptc

ataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond repute

awesome start to the year
ataptc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #20
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

These are from before the final.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (44.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (44.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (55.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (55.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (50.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (57.0 KB, 1 views)

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #21
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

and these are from the final
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (45.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (53.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (73.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (66.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (50.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (51.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (57.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 14.jpg (48.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 15.jpg (38.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 16.jpg (57.0 KB, 2 views)

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 01-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #22
country flag Deboogle!.

Starting the year with their 50th title
================================================== ====
Bryans Win 50th ATP World Tour Title

Four-time ATP World Tour champions Bob and Mike Bryan defeated top rivals Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic 6-1, 7-6(3) on Saturday to capture their 50th career ATP World Tour title at the Medibank International – an ATP World Tour 250 tennis tournament in Sydney.

The American duo becomes only the fourth team in the Open Era to win at least 50 titles, joining Todd Woodbridge and Mark Woodforde (61), Peter Fleming and John McEnroe (57), and Bob Hewitt and Frew McMillan (57). They have a 50-33 record in ATP World Tour finals.

The Americans were unbroken in the 62-minute match and converted two of seven break points on their opponents’ serve in front of a big crowd on the Ken Rosewall Arena. In the semi-finals they knocked out No. 3 seeds Mahesh Bhupathi and Mark Knowles.

The 30 year olds played out an intense rivalry with Nestor and Zimonjic on the ATP World Tour season that culminated in a loss for the Americans in a winner-take-all Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai final in November, awarding Nestor-Zimonjic the title and the year-end No. 1 ATP Doubles Team Ranking.

“When we lost that match last year, it really gave us extra motivation to work hard in the off-season,” said Mike Bryan. “We came here pretty excited, and we played every match this week with a lot of energy. We worked on a few things and it paid off today. We're really happy and excited. It's a great preparation for the Aussie Open.”

“It definitely feels good to always avenge any loss,” added Bob. "But this is a really tough team, and we're looking forward to many finals in the future. They're going to be tough on any surface. We all know each other so well that just little tweaks are going to make the difference every time.”

It marks the first title in Sydney for the Bryans, who have twice before finished runner-up - in 2004 (l. to Bjorkman-Woodbridge) and last season (l. to Gasquet-Tsonga). They improved to a 14-6 event record.

“Ten years playing down here and to get it (the title) when we're 30 years old, it feels good,” said Mike. "When we're dead and gone we'll be up on that board and be remembered with some of the greats. It's good to be on the Sydney champions' board with some of our idols: Todd Woodbridge and Mark Woodforde.”

Individually, both 36-year-old Nestor and 32-year-old Zimonjic also have strong records in Sydney. Canadian Nestor was making his fifth career finals appearance with as many partners (2-2), having captured titles in 1999 (w/Lareau) and 2001 (w/Stolle). He also was runner-up in 1998 (w/Eltingh) and 2007 (w/Knowles). Serbian Zimonjic won the title in 2006 with Fabrice Santoro.

Last season, the top two teams captured five titles each – the best on the ATP World Tour. Nestor and Zimonjic compiled a 5-3 mark in finals, while the Bryan twins went 5-7 in title matches.

It is the second final loss in as many weeks for Nestor and Zimonjic, who finished runner-up to Spaniards Marc Lopez and Rafael Nadal at the Qatar ExxonMobil Open in Doha last week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17.jpg (68.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 18.jpg (84.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 19.jpg (55.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 20.jpg (50.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 21.jpg (42.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 22.jpg (46.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 23.jpg (47.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 24.jpg (47.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 25.jpg (44.5 KB, 2 views)

Old 01-18-2009, 03:19 AM   #23
country flag Deboogle!.

January 17, 2009

Mike Bryan
Bob Bryan

SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES

BRYAN-BRYAN/Nestor-Zimonjic
6-1, 7-6

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Can you just talk about the start that you had in the match today. It was quite impressive.
MIKE BRYAN: Yeah, it felt good to be the underdogs for once. When we lost that match last year, it really gave us extra motivation to work hard in the off-season. We came here pretty excited, and we played every match this week with a lot of energy.
We worked on a few things and it paid off today. We're really happy and excited. It's a great preparation for the Aussie Open.

Q. Does it feel good to avenge the loss?
BOB BRYAN: Yeah, it definitely feels good to always avenge any loss. But this is a really tough team, and we're looking forward to many final in the future.
They're going to be tough on any surface. And, yeah, you know, little changes here and there are going to make a difference. We all know each other so, well just little tweaks are going to make the difference every time.

Q. Finally collecting your first Sydney title. Must be a bit satisfying.
MIKE BRYAN: Yeah, ten years playing down here and, you know, to get it when we're 30 years old, it feels good. When we're dead and gone we'll be up on that board and be remembered with some of the greats.
Yeah, I mean, it's good to be on the Sydney champions's board with some of our idols: Todd Woodbridge and Mark Woodforde.
There's one more to go, that's Indian Wells. So that's the title that eludes us, and we'll see.

Q. What's it like playing in front of such a big crowd in Sydney?
BOB BRYAN: I think it just brings out the best in both teams. You know, it makes you more focused. The energy -- it makes every point more important.
We're all big match players, and a crowd like that brings us alive.
MIKE BRYAN: That's it.
BOB BRYAN: You know, it gets you ready for a big slam next week as well, because there's going to be big crowds over there.
So it's nice to come down here in the first week of the year and have such a packed house.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #24
country flag zookeeper

zookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the pics and the transcript Deb. They are off to a great start!
zookeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #25
country flag Deboogle!.

Sure and their AO draw is tricky, but not toooooo bad.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:05 AM   #26
country flag Deboogle!.

7-5 6-3 over Gonzo/Hood, tough first set, they were down an early break but fought back.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #27
country flag zookeeper

zookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond repute

YAY!!! I wish I could have watched the match but I'm glad they won.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:44 AM   #28
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

Keep it going guys.

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #29
country flag tsurupettan
aeroDYNAMIC

tsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond repute

Nestor and Zimonjic are out.

Let's go, Bob and Mike!

tsurupettan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #30
country flag zookeeper

Wow! That's surprising. I hope that makes it a little easier for Bob & Mike.