Sydney 2009: 10th title - why easy when it can be achieved in a hard way - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #46
country flag crazy_nanine

crazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney 2009: A warm up for AO

Quote:
Originally Posted by camilia View Post
Well speaking of lack of sleep, I did manage to stay up throughout the match, but the moment I fell asleep and woke up, my memory of the match was like a dream. I remember David played solid, Richard sucked except for one shot that was brilliant.

so, you should stick to Krystlel's report
Camilia, do you watch the tournament on the live streams or is it broadcasted on Dubai sports or ART sports??
crazy_nanine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2009, 04:17 PM   #47
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well speaking of lack of sleep, I did manage to stay up throughout the match, but the moment I fell asleep and woke up, my memory of the match was like a dream.
I watched it too but somehow I found it much more difficult to stay awake for it than for the Hewitt match. In any case, what I remember of both matches seems blurred and slightly unreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
It was a good match from David's point of view. A bit of a slow start in the first few games, then he started pouncing on Gasquet's second serve and you could see his groundstrokes pushing Gasquet behind the baseline easily. He seemed to be playing quite confidently to me for the most part. This might be one of the most promising lead-ups to a Grand Slam he has had in a while.
I agree. It took David a couple of games to get going. But after that the match pretty much looked like the matches they played before. Gasquet too far behind the baseline, and David dominating most of the rallies. A promising start for this new season. We'll see what the next week brings.

Quote:
Gasquet started going for wild shots in the second set, and I think David got a bit complacent on the return games which impacted on his own service games where he got broken once. But as soon as he got broken, he broke straight back confirming this fact.
I'm just glad that he did much better, serving out the set this time. And that he made up for that sloppy service game in the second set, straight away.

Quote:
So it's Nieminen up next, who I already noticed has been in good form lately even before his win against Djokovic. They cut off the coverage before it ended but I thought Djokovic was overplaying quite a bit. I expect this to be a tough match, a battle.
Yeah, me too. Their last match at Stockholm was very one-sided. But they've had some really tight and tough ones in the past.

Last edited by Joolz : 01-16-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #48
country flag camilia

camilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_nanine View Post
Camilia, do you watch the tournament on the live streams or is it broadcasted on Dubai sports or ART sports??
Live streams, Dubai sports is not broadcasting it
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:27 PM   #49
country flag camilia

camilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond repute

found some highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-LqJNv1oCc
Old 01-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #50
country flag camilia

well, Joolz you have a better memory than mine
Old 01-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #51
country flag crazy_nanine

crazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Live streams, Dubai sports is not broadcasting it
Ah I see, thanks anyway and thanks for the highlights, it's nice because I didn't get the chance to watch the match.
crazy_nanine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #52
country flag camilia

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

this is the link I used to watch the match, don't know if it will work tomorrow!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:34 PM   #53
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for the reports and camilia I adore you for those highlights.

Damn it, they pushed the final to 7:30, it was 4:30 originally.
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:07 AM   #54
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
I also thought it was 4:30. But that's the doubles final...

Anyway, here's yesterday's press conference.

D. NALBANDIAN/R. Gasquet
6-4, 6-3

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You served very well today. You must be happy with that.
DAVID NALBANDIAN: Yeah. I don't think I served good all the match. In the important moments or important points I make a good serve. In the rest, I think I have to serve a little bit better.

Q. And the conditions, much better than yesterday for you?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: Yeah, of course. Much better. Easy to play. A little heat, but not much. It was almost perfect.

Q. What did you think of the shot that Gasquet did when you did a perfect lob and he hit it through the legs?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: Amazing. It will be one the best shots of the year for sure.

Q. So how do you feel about your opponents for tomorrow, either one? Does it matter?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: Doesn't matter. Both are going to be tough. It's the first week of the year, so it's going to be tough for both, for all players.
I have to keep going and believing on my game and try to do a good match tomorrow.

Q. Does it bother you day or night, or same playing conditions for you?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: No, doesn't matter. I don't think that makes any difference.

Q. What's been the most pleasing thing of your week here in Sydney as far as your game is concerned?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: I don't know. I don't get one particular shot, I just been improving game by game or match by match.
I feel that today I played much better than the first one and yesterday, so looks like every day is going on I feel more feeling on the ball and on the game.
So it's good playing a few matches and be on the finals here.

Q. You had a chance to look an Australian Open draw?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: No, I didn't see it much. I just see I play Gicquel. I didn't see much. That's it.

Q. You played him recently, or met him?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: No. I don't remember.

Q. What kind of improvements have you seen out of Djokovic the last couple years?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: Nothing, just getting old and more experience on the tour. He always was a very good player and danger when was young, and you could see he will be a good one.
But sometimes players come very young to the tour and just need experience and be around playing the good matches. So I don't think he improved just one shots, everything.

Q. Do you think he's playing a little more aggressively than he did when he first came on because he's more experienced in certain shots?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: Yeah, could be. Yeah.

Q. How will you prepare for tomorrow?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: Same as every single day. Normal day.

Q. You're a very experienced player. What motivation do you use at the start of each season? We're right in the first quarter of the year. What do you sort of set yourself for the year? Do you change each year what your thinking is?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: Not really much, because the goals are always still pretty much the same: Davis Cup and Grand Slams.
So pretty much the same as last year and the years before.

Q. Will we see you back next year in Sydney at the Medibank International?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: Yeah, I hope.

Q. Is it better preparation than, say, Kooyong, an exhibition, or does it not really matter as long as you're on that surface?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: No, I think both are good. This one could be a little better because you play for points and you get more ranking and a little bit better.
But Kooyong has that you play in Melbourne, so you stay there and practice at the Open and you can do more things over there. So few pros and not that good for another things.
But I think when you play for the points you play a little bit different than exhibitions.

Q. Do you get the same excitement going into a Grand Slam that you did when you were younger?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: You get different with experience, more quiet, not that excited as before when you were a kid. I think that's the most important thing.

Q. You still passionate about your game?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: Yeah.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:08 AM   #55
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you all for the reports and camilia I adore you for those highlights.

I don't think it was ever scheduled for 4:30pm, must have just been a publishing mistake because it was always known to be a night final.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:17 AM   #56
country flag Pepi.
Ajmo Marin!

Pepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck David!
win the title

Quote:
Q. Why are you playing such good tennis?

MARIN CILIC: 'Cause I'm a good player (smiling).
Marin Cilic & Jo Wilfried Tsonga
Gasquet Dimitrov Gulbis
Pepi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:59 AM   #57
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think it was ever scheduled for 4:30pm, must have just been a publishing mistake because it was always known to be a night final.
I have no idea when this supose to start? Atpworld and official Medibank OOP says 7:30 but betfair is announcing it for 11:30.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:00 AM   #58
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have no idea when this supose to start? Atpworld and official Medibank OOP says 7:30 but betfair is announcing it for 11:30.
It's definitely 7:30pm.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:07 AM   #59
country flag HeretiC

Quote:
It's definitely 7:30pm.
Thanks, just checked again and everything is ok. It is 2 and half hours from now. I woke myself up few hours earlier and I am feeling very stupid right now.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:54 AM   #60
country flag camilia

ok guys, I'm losing it,my link isn't working