2009 Australian season thread - Page 56 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-30-2009, 11:16 AM   #826
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Australian season thread & Livescoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsume View Post
I am probably not as much satisfied with Gilles' tournament as you are. Scotty quoted the wrong person. ^_^
That's because you're not a "nase" like me! I so felt addressed when he said in the Canal video "Vous allez voir si je peux pas le faire, bande de nases!"
I was ready for a bad tournament, given the pressure he had to back up his new status and the fact he hadn't been convincing at all in Toulouse, Perth and Sydney. His shaky serve was worrying me too (I'm a Coriatarde, the serve is a sensitive topic for me and the reports about the Toulouse final sounded like a nightmare).
It's all gone so fast, it still feels like a little miracle to me. So I was amazed to see him deal so well with the situation in the first rounds.

Now if I get over my "nase" feelings, put myself in his frame of mind which is completely different and assimilate the fact that he was playing according to his seeding so far, the ending was a bit of a downer indeed.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #827
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
That's because you're not a "nase" like me! I so felt addressed when he said in the Canal video "Vous allez voir si je peux pas le faire, bande de nases!"
Honestly, I should include myself in that "bande de nases" for I felt more than skeptical after reading his pre-AO interviews in which he sounded pretty much like he was putting the cart before the horses. I was already fearing the other Frenchies to bash his big talking again. So I too was really amazed (and relieved) he actually advanced himself into the quarterfinals that easily. Maybe that's why I got my expectations too high up by then.
Or is it merely that fickle fans like myself are always harder to content?

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:56 PM   #828
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute

Are the four top french players very close? I know there are friendships within the group, like Gael and Gilles but are they close as a group? It was something we were wondering about in Richard's forum, as we were thinking about Davis Cup?
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:26 PM   #829
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
But of course I'm very satisfied with his tournament, etc. Gosh, I'm amazed by the guy, don't make me sound ungrateful.
Is this one of those lost in translation times? Because you kind of sound mad at me or something.

I tend to quote people and then just ramble, and usually only the first part of what I say has anything to do with the quotes. I wasn't trying to say that you were criticizing his entire tournament, I was just saying that I thought the match was good, and quoted two opposing views on it to note that I agreed with one more than the other. That was it, though.

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:31 PM   #830
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_is_onUSA View Post
I mentioned "tennis hangover" earlier - but I think I have it now... I'm not even excited about watching the rest of the AO. Normally I would be, even if my favorites are already out. I think I should take the month of February off so that I can regroup...
I felt the same way, tennis just doesn't hold my complete interest like it used to when I was much younger.

The Verdasco/Nadal match sucked me in, though. It was pretty incredible. I wasn't too happy with the outcome, but it was an entertaining few hours. My only interest now is in praying that Federer loses. I'd like to see Dechy win another mixed title, too.

I can't even cheer against Serena because I can't stand Safina.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #831
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not mad at you, Scott, sorry, I felt quoted out of the context, but I just reread my post and it sounded far angrier than intended. Pardon!

@Reggie: they would make a close Davis Cup group imo, yes.
Richard, Gaël and Jo are very close. Gilles always answers Jo and Gaël are his best friends on the tour. Gaël and Jo anyway.
The two who don't seem as close as the others are Richard and Gilles (although Tulasne swears they're great friends too). But they get along well enough for Davis Cup.
Gilles clearly said last year that they would love to play together in Davis Cup.
But I'll be surprised if Forget goes with this team. It will depend on how everybody plays in the next few weeks.

(Alleluia, my answer didn't get eaten by the server this time!!!)
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #832
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Fran
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:13 AM   #833
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

DINARA!!!!

Old 01-31-2009, 10:29 AM   #834
country flag Scotso

The women's tour is a complete joke right now. And there are so few prospects that seem able to change that.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:34 AM   #835
country flag turtle-rn

Sometimes, jokes are funny and pleasant to watch.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #836
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

What a final! What a trophy ceremony!!!
And our boy went out to the champion in the end!
Allez Gillou!

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #837
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it's a small consolation for Gilles that he lost to the eventual champion. I felt Roger really took the shine off Rafa being the champion which was a shame because usually he has more class than that
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #838
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

I used to think Federer had class but he doesn't give his opponents enough respect imo, and his bitching at the start about not being favourite has me supporting whoever he's playing now. Rafa is the gentleman in that particular rivalry I feel And I'm totally delighted for him! Deserved Champion!

Old 02-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #839
country flag turtle-rn

Arf! I knew I should have watched the trophy ceremony! what happened? *giggles*
Me too, I'm really glad Rafa won.

The board is upside down again!

Old 02-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #840
country flag MsTree

Federer was in tears and couldn't manage his speech. Rafa had to give him a wee cuddle before he could do his thanks but he started crying again as Rafa lifted the trophy...
Bad crack, it isn't always about YOU Roger! He even had Rafa apologising for beating him! It was like watching a car crash...