Will Novak take a WC for a tournament next week? Should he? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #16
country flag Herdwick

Herdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Novak take a WC for a tournament next week? Should he?

*Puts on humourless po-face* Still think it would be better if he moderates the parties and other activites until he's 25 or so and not reasonably expected to win anything much more. He (and the others)have such a short time to have a crack at the top. It will be a shame if he goes off down the Marat route at only 21.
Herdwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #17
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdwick View Post
*Puts on humourless po-face* Still think it would be better if he moderates the parties and other activites until he's 25 or so and not reasonably expected to win anything much more. He (and the others)have such a short time to have a crack at the top. It will be a shame if he goes off down the Marat route at only 21.
But you're not a humourless po-face at all It's not natural for you! Do see what you mean, but you just can't change someone's psyche very easily I mean look at Fat Dave (though I know you'd prefer not to ) He probably could have achieved a lot more if he'd cut down on the rally cars and the beer/food,- but would he have been as happy as a person, acting against his true nature for so long?

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:20 PM   #18
country flag zsanika

zsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond repute

In Sydney will be Nole the 1st seeded?!
zsanika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #19
country flag Herdwick

Herdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond repute

Granted but everything I have read suggests that Nole (and his family) have pretty much devoted their lives to his tennis career and made significant sacrifices along the way. He had (well until recently) always stated his intention to reach #1. So, having put in those years of effort, I would have thought he and they would be disappointed if he gets sidetracked by the err...benefits of fame and doesn't make the most of his chance at the top now it has come.

With the increased physicality of the game, most players these days peak in their early 20s and slams after 25 will be increasingly rare. So once he's 25 or so he can party himself into the ground and shag everything in sight.

Having said all that, I am talking out of a dark place here and am certainly not in any position to criticise; I have always lacked motivation and am pretty lazy myself.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #20
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdwick View Post
Granted but everything I have read suggests that Nole (and his family) have pretty much devoted their lives to his tennis career and made significant sacrifices along the way. He had (well until recently) always stated his intention to reach #1. So, having put in those years of effort, I would have thought he and they would be disappointed if he gets sidetracked by the err...benefits of fame and doesn't make the most of his chance at the top now it has come.

With the increased physicality of the game, most players these days peak in their early 20s and slams after 25 will be increasingly rare. So once he's 25 or so he can party himself into the ground and shag everything in sight.

Having said all that, I am talking out of a dark place here and am certainly not in any position to criticise; I have always lacked motivation and am pretty lazy myself.
Lazy is good I have this motto - "Never run if you can walk, never walk if you can stand, never stand if you can sit down, and never sit down if you can lie down and sleep!" Always suited me fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsanika View Post
In Sydney will be Nole the 1st seeded?!
Have no idea Though I assume so.Not sure how the WC thing works though!

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 01-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #21
country flag zsanika

zsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond reputezsanika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ljubica* View Post

Have no idea Though I assume so.Not sure how the WC thing works though!
really eventually not this is the essence now.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #22
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he'll be the top seed Unless by some bizarre miracle they manage to get Nadal/Federer to play there.

The top 4 seeds get a bye, BTW... Off the top of my head, I think the other three are Tsonga, Simon and Nalbandian.

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #23
country flag zsanika

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterbug View Post
Yes, he'll be the top seed Unless by some bizarre miracle they manage to get Nadal/Federer to play there.

The top 4 seeds get a bye, BTW... Off the top of my head, I think the other three are Tsonga, Simon and Nalbandian.

thanks!and Then Nole start in the 2. round?!it is good!
and you knew it well:-) :-)
but Simon is the 6th on the ATP Ranking and Tsonga is the 7th
1 Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried FRA 6
2 Simon, Gilles FRA 7
3 Nalbandian, David ARG 11

ATP Ranking Points
W: 250
F: 150
SF: 90
QF: 45
R16: 20 (Seeds 1-4: 0)
R32: 0
Old 01-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #24
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Tsonga and Simon switched spots this week because Tsonga's Adelaide results from last year were dropped at the beginning of this week so Gilles will be the second seed.

Janko's only a couple of spots off the main draw so he might make it as an alternate/play qualies. In any case, Dusan Vemic and Mario Ancic will be there, so Nole will have no shortage of players he's good friends with to practice.

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #25
country flag zsanika

[quote=jitterbug;7967578]Yeah, Tsonga and Simon switched spots this week because Tsonga's Adelaide results from last year were dropped at the beginning of this week so Gilles will be the second seed.

thank you,thank you!!!!!!!!!!!I don't no why Simon is the 6th.thanks!
Old 01-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #26
country flag Herdwick

Oh great. So, he'd get the Satanic Butterfly in the semis there. Welcome to 2009 in Nole-land - the kaleidoscope of unalloyed happiness.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #27
country flag MilanDokic

MilanDokic has a reputation beyond reputeMilanDokic has a reputation beyond reputeMilanDokic has a reputation beyond reputeMilanDokic has a reputation beyond reputeMilanDokic has a reputation beyond reputeMilanDokic has a reputation beyond reputeMilanDokic has a reputation beyond reputeMilanDokic has a reputation beyond reputeMilanDokic has a reputation beyond reputeMilanDokic has a reputation beyond reputeMilanDokic has a reputation beyond repute

I talked to Novak, and he will play Sydney, and will be #1 seed!
Ana Kokic OFFICIAL Site: www.ana-kokic.net
MilanDokic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #28
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanDokic View Post
I talked to Novak, and he will play Sydney, and will be #1 seed!
Thanks Milan

Old 01-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #29
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

ljubica,novak is pretty bit a robot.ivanisevic was that crazy,irradick guy.
he needs not sydney,he needs rest for AO.it will be good to take some practice in sydney(1-2 matches) but not to go to the final,because he will be tired for AO.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #30
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
ljubica,novak is pretty bit a robot.ivanisevic was that crazy,irradick guy.
he needs not sydney,he needs rest for AO.it will be good to take some practice in sydney(1-2 matches) but not to go to the final,because he will be tired for AO.
Well maybe a little in his style of play - somewhat like Lendl, - but never in his personality in my opinion As for Goran - he was always totally crazy - and my favourite player when I was much younger too I disagree with you - I truly think Novak does need more matches, and the confidence boost that will come with some wins,- but it's nice to hear different opinions