The " 2009 Oi Oi Down Under Season - Australian Open !!!!! 1st rd exit : 5-7 2-6 1-6 - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-20-2009, 01:37 AM   #106
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The " 2009 Oi Oi Down Under Season - Australian Open !!!!! Main Draw

15-30 185 kph ace.
30-30 FH winner dtl.
30-40 BH just wide. SP.

2-6 FH long

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2009, 01:43 AM   #107
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The " 2009 Oi Oi Down Under Season - Australian Open !!!!! Main Draw

Second set stats:

First serve %: Kei 49%, Melzer 50%
Winners: Both 8
UEs: Kei 18, Melzer 4

The commentator here is Takeshi Murakami, who was Japan's Junior Davis Cup captain when Kei was in the team. He thinks Kei is not as patient as usual and that is contributing to his high error count.
Whether that lack of patience comes from feeling some pains or just frustration against Melzer I'm not sure, but he obviously lacks practice.
He changed shirt (the same white one) and took off even the wrist band so now he's wearing nothing on his right arm.

Now 2BPs after a rapid exchange at the net.

David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 01-20-2009, 01:47 AM   #108
country flag *bunny*

DF and 0-2*
Kei looks dejected.

And Melzer holds 3-0*

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 01-20-2009, 01:50 AM   #109
country flag *bunny*

Kei's changing racket at 15-30. Maybe the string was broken.

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 01-20-2009, 01:51 AM   #110
country flag *bunny*

0-4

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 01-20-2009, 01:53 AM   #111
country flag *bunny*

30-40! Good return winner.
Break!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 01-20-2009, 01:55 AM   #112
country flag *bunny*

Deuce after another heated exchange at the net.
Kei put both his hands on the net after the point and looked down.

And the Austrian holds.
*0-5

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 01-20-2009, 01:58 AM   #113
country flag *bunny*

The temperature is approaching 38 C... :eeks:

Kei finally holds! 1-5*

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 01-20-2009, 02:01 AM   #114
country flag *bunny*

5-7 2-6 1-6

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 01-20-2009, 02:04 AM   #115
country flag *bunny*

Obviously he was not 100%, he lacked preparations and the hot weather and windy condition didn't help.
Hope this loss is a blessing in disguise and he can have enough time to rest his arm and prepre for San Jose in three weeks' time.

I hate people who ask for autographs after a player lost.

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 01-20-2009, 02:08 AM   #116
country flag Rafkei

Rafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond repute

Im really sad the Kei loss his first round match, but considering his situation (injury) and his opponent, (who is a seeded player)he can probably just let this defeat passed by and concentrate on the upcoming tournaments. Also he must learn from this defeat.

Still a good job Kei!
Rafkei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:11 AM   #117
country flag kinokino

kinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for a live, bunny.
Unfortunately kei lost the match , but kept fighting to the last.
I wish he can play for San Jose at his best condition.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:15 AM   #118
country flag *bunny*

You're welcome Kinokino!
Yes at least he didn't have to retire and I'm sure he will be fired up in San Jose!

RafKei, I agree he has a lot to learn from this match and I'm sure he will!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 01-20-2009, 02:51 AM   #119
country flag Rafkei

Rafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bunny for those updates!

Anyway, did you think his injury factored in on that match?

I noticed that once Kei is losing his play continues to downgrade, winning only 1 to 2 games a set. I think that is what he needs to do, if he is losing he needs to find a way to get back and play his best tennis. That is what Federer and other top players are doing.

Because as we see on his other matches, if he is winning or he is ahead most of the time he ended up winning his match.

Hope for the best in San Jose!
Rafkei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:23 AM   #120
country flag *bunny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafkei View Post
Thanks Bunny for those updates!

Anyway, did you think his injury factored in on that match?
I think so. The pains might have been gone or bearable, but he couldn't prepare well and was definitely playing with some uncertainty I think. He wasn't hitting as hard or freely as ususal, and hit his trademark jumping FH only once.

Quote:
I noticed that once Kei is losing his play continues to downgrade, winning only 1 to 2 games a set. I think that is what he needs to do, if he is losing he needs to find a way to get back and play his best tennis. That is what Federer and other top players are doing.

Because as we see on his other matches, if he is winning or he is ahead most of the time he ended up winning his match.
Hmmm I'm not sure of that. I think for a young player Kei is pretty good at coming back from a set down, changing strategies and not allowig himself to break down mentally. That's what happened in Delray Beach SF and F, and at Queens against Nadal (though he lost in the decider).
I think what you said happens when he's physically not 100%, like when he played Sodering, and/or when he is playing against a player of similar veins, like Gasquet or Melzer, who don't rely on power and have abilities to mix up shots. And Melzer is a lefty, which makes things even more complicated. In hindsight maybe today's match up and conditions were a recipe for a bad loss for Kei. Sure he must learn to win these matches and I'm sure he will work on that.
Quote:
Hope for the best in San Jose!
Definitely!

#3 Ferrero Tard