Taylor 2009 Cheering thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
country flag DartMarcus

DartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Taylor 2009 Cheering thread

Taylor starts the season in Brisbane, where he faces Darcis in R1.
Good luck Taylor!!! You really need it!!!

Brian Baker - Steve Johnson - Lleyton Hewitt - Robby Ginepri - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Michael Llodra - Oliver Rochus - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman
DartMarcus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taylor 2009 Cheering thread

I just hope he stays healthy nice interview on the ATP Site
http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/multi...sp?videoid=930

Taylor

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:17 AM   #3
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

!!! Taylor won 7-6 6-2!!!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 01-04-2009, 05:20 AM   #4
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

awesome, he really deserves it for never giving up
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
country flag DartMarcus

DartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond repute

Taylor lost in R2 to Gasquet 7-5 6-4.
Nice result for Taylor. Where does he play next?

Brian Baker - Steve Johnson - Lleyton Hewitt - Robby Ginepri - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Michael Llodra - Oliver Rochus - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman
Old 01-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #6
country flag DartMarcus

Taylor is at Australian Open and faces Lucky Loser Amer Delic in R1. I like both players, but Taylor needs this win more, I think.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #7
country flag Deboogle!.

Taylor lost in 5 sets
=================================
Taylor Dent on court again after 3 back surgeries

By TANALEE SMITH – 2 hours ago

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — After three back operations, Taylor Dent wondered if he'd ever play tennis again.

The operations to fix chronic pain caused by a fractured vertebrae spanned 2 1/2 years. Early on, doctors gave him a 20 percent chance of returning to the court.

But lying in bed for months, thinking of what he wanted to do with his life, only one idea prevailed.

"I was wracking my brain thinking of stuff I wanted to do, and honestly nothing gave me the fire in my belly like competing and playing professional tennis," Dent said. "So I said if I get the chance I'm going to take it, and I'm going to try to be better than I was."

He may be on his way to doing just that.

On Monday, Dent played in his first Grand Slam tournament since the 2006 Australian Open and managed five strong sets before losing to fellow American Amer Delic 6-4, 3-6, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4.

Dent, who has four ATP titles and reached a career-high No. 21, was pleased by "the fact that I was able to hold with him; I only got broken three times in five sets.

"I would have taken that four years ago," he said. "I think that's a great thing for me."

Dent is one of the few true serve-volleyers on the tour and has one of the fastest serves in the game.

Andy Roddick said he was glad to see Dent playing again.

"From the sounds of it, for a while, you didn't think he was going to come back with how severe his injuries were," Roddick said. "So it's a testament to him wanting to get back."

Dent, 27, is coached by his father, Australian former ATP player Phil Dent. His mother, Betty Ann Stuart, was a former top 10 player in the United States, and his wife is WTA Tour player Jennifer Hopkins.

Dent played with back pain for years before it became unbearable in early 2006, and he had his first surgery in May that year. The pain remained, however, and he had a second surgery in March 2007, followed by a successful third operation in September 2007.

His recovery has been long and frustrating. In 2008, he worked his way through tournaments every six to eight weeks to test his progress.

"It felt like I hit a wall there, where every time I was going out there I'd do great for a set, maybe a set and a half, then I'd be dead tired, just so, so beat," he said. "It took me a long time to get over that hump. Now I feel like I can last four sets, that's what I was training for."

He spent some of his recovery time as a commentator on The Tennis Channel and said being so close to the action also spurred him to return, admitting he was "bitter and jealous" watching the other men play. He made his competitive comeback in November.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:34 AM   #8
country flag Deboogle!.

Taylor won his opening round in San Jose 6-3 6-4 over Bobby Reynolds

Old 02-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #9
country flag DartMarcus

Great!! And plays Widom next

Old 02-17-2009, 05:33 PM   #10
country flag DartMarcus

Unfortunately he lost that match to Widom.
Looks like only me and Deboogle are interested in Taylor`s progress
Taylor is in Memphis and he is playing Ernest Gulbis right now. Unfortunately he is losing 2-3*
Common Taylor!!! Never give up!

Old 02-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #11
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Lost 6-2 in the third and was broken six times
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #12
country flag Deboogle!.

keep fighting taylor

Old 02-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #13
country flag Deboogle!.

Taylor had a good win over Greul in the first round of Delray Beach qualies

Old 02-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #14
country flag Deboogle!.

Taylor won 2 more matches and qualified Great

Old 02-24-2009, 06:16 AM   #15
country flag DartMarcus

He hasn`t lost even a set.
Mischa Zverev next in MD R1.