The Tintin Movie thread! - MORE REVIEWS!!! (NO SPOILERS) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
country flag The_Nadal_effect

The_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Tintin Movie thread! - MORE REVIEWS!!! (NO SPOILERS)

Blistering barnacles!
I finally decided to open the thread, though I only know a few posters on this site who have read Tintin (Castafiore, RonE, Cobalt60 to name a few). Actually, he's hugely popular in Europe and Asia, though not as much in America. Still, what is surprising is that the directors chosen for the trilogy are all from Hollywood!

Spielberg and Peter Jackson are doing the first two. The third might be a co-direction of SS & PJ or else they'll lock on James Cameron, if information is correct. Okay, maybe Jackson isn't exactly Hollywood, but he is now I guess.

Will be very interesting to see if they can do the series justice. It will be very difficult to replicate the water-colorish 'ligne claire' (clear lines) world of Tintin. Herge -- Georges Remi (the Author with initials reversed)-- was very particular that no one touch his creation, but Spielberg was interested from the mid-eighties itself (within a decade of the author's demise, I speculate), and had
infact obtained permission from the Herge foundation for a movie series using the actor he used for Elliot in ET.

Twenty years later, Spielberg revisited the idea and decided to spin the adventures using motion-capture. The project is tightly under wraps. Eager fans can update themselves at www.letintinmovie.com and the rest of them can read my updates here.

I'll try to be regular I promise. In the meantime, here's a teaser:

Tintin Movie Motion Capture Technology Boost

The Tintin trilogy will be shot entirely in using motion capture technology which will be processed in New Zealand at the Weta workshop which was co-founded by Peter Jackson. You will recognise Weta work on the Lord of the Ring Trilogy.

Click here for Tintin Books, Albums, DVD's and Music from our Tintin Multi-media store.

The technology that brought Gollum to life will be used on the new Tintin movie project. This huge Tintin project has just got a boost because Weta Digital recently announced thepicstoppic.jpg completion of a new “extreme density” data center featuring HP’s new 2-in-1 server blades, which combines two server in a single energy-efficient blade. Weta is running four computing clusters, each equipped with 156 of HP’s Proliant BL2×220c server blades, which hold spots 219 through 222 on the current Top 500 list of the world’s fastest supercomputers

Ok, so that sounds a little technical but it is all good news for Tintin fans because it means that this powerful computing will be used to create a wonderful looking Tintin movie. The vision of Jackson/Spielberg combined with these mighty computers to process the data from the motion capture camera will lead to great cinema.

Tags: tintin movie, steven spielberg, tintin film, tintin movie cast list, peter jackson, weta, weta workshop, motion capture technology, weta digital

Filed under Tintin Movie News by admin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Tintin Movie anticipation thread

cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

In South America it is quite popular, I still have my books collection of Asterix, Tintin and Calvin & Hobbes from my childhood

There is a big controversy about a book where Tintin travels to Africa, but I guess a modern Tintin won't have these kind of embarassment.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #4

The_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Nadal_effect has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconek View Post
In South America it is quite popular, I still have my books collection of Asterix, Tintin and Calvin & Hobbes from my childhood
Thanks for that information.
In fact, the creator send Tintin to South America in three adventures, once in Peru, and twice in Brazil/ Cuba. By America, I really meant North America where he visited only once. Only superhero comics are more popular there.

Quote:
There is a big controversy about a book where Tintin travels to Africa, but I guess a modern Tintin won't have these kind of embarassment.

Young Herge was accused of racism and this book was banned.
Though its available in limited editions as the modern reader understands that Herge was only reflecting the culture of that period (1920s-30s).
Old 01-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Tintin
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #6

Okay, so maybe I wasn't at my most regular in providing an update, but the movie production has been very unsteady. Here's the latest from the movie site:

Quote:
Tintin Movie Secret of the Unicorn Cast Update

Tintin Movie – More Added to Tintin and The Secret of the Unicorn Cast List

Well there have been some developments regarding the Tintin Movie – Tintin and the Secret of the Unicorn with some casting spots being confirmed. The source for most of this is IMDB whose Tintin movie page lists these actors as voices.

The reason being that the first Tintin movie to be directed by Steven Spielberg will be made using motion capture technology. The first few listed below have already been reported on letintinmovie.com but for a complete overview have been included again here.

Jamie Bell – Tintin

Daniel Craig – Red Rackham

Eric Stolz - Dr. Krospell (rumoured)

Andy Serkis – Captain Haddock

Simon Pegg – Inspector Thompson

Nick Frost – Inspector Thomson

The latest to be added to the cast list are as follows:-

Mackenzie Crook – Unattached (but confirmed on the project)

Toby Jones – Silk

Gad Elmaleh – Bem Salaad

Remember to keep up with the latest Tintin Movie news by coming back to letintinmovie.com.
Cheers!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #7
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

I bet I am going to love this
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #8
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Old 08-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #9
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Tintin!
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #10
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Craig is in it? Sounds interesting!
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
Craig is in it? Sounds interesting!
I think he's an interesting choice. Especially after Depp settling into my subconscious as the only possible choice for Red Rackham.

In anycase, it would be entirely in motion capture, which means that the live actors are going to look like they really belong in the CG world.

Here's an interesting article from http://www.tintinology.poosk.com

This gives us fans of the legendary series a chance to see if the lead fits the role.

Quote:
JAMIE BELL - TINTIN

Who is Jamie Bell and why is he playing Tintin?

Bell – A Beautiful Mover

Before being cast as Tintin, Jamie Bell was best known for his staring role in Billy Elliot. Bell was just 14 when he took the title role in this story of a working class boy who wants to be a ballet dancer. The film is set against the backdrop of a grim mining town during the bitter, year long miner’s strike of 1984 and was one of the best British films of the last ten years. It has since been adapted into a book and a smash West End stage play.

Following such as huge hit is difficult for any actor, but for a child actor such success can destroy their career and their life. But between Billy Elliot and getting cast as Tintin, Jamie Bell went back to basics and built his career from the ground up. He played a role in the low budget, World War I horror film Deathwatch with his future Tintin co-star Andy Serkis (Captain Haddock). Bell then had a small role in the 2002 version of Nicholas Nickleby.

Jamie Bell and the Youthful Looks

His next film, Undertow, did much to make it clear that Jamie Bell could make the leap from child actor to adult actor. The 2004 film stars the 18 year Bell as a troubled teenager on the run from a murderous uncle. Through the film split the critics, the performance of Bell and his co-star Devon Alan won them Young Artist Awards from the Young Artist Foundation.

There is no doubt that in winning the part of Tintin, Jamie Bell’s youth was significant. Having played one trouble teenager in Undertow, he played a similar role in Dear Wendy. This idiosyncratic film is about a group of gun-totting pacifist and was written by experimental film maker Lars von Trier. The Chumscrubber was Bell’s next film and once again he was playing a troubled teenager, though as a change of pace, this is a dark comedy. Here the focus is prescription medications, video games and the false ideal of middle class American suburbia

Serkis & Jackson

His next film brought him back together with Andy Serkis. Bell got the part of Jimmy in Peter Jackson’s King Kong. Though only a minor role, it was no doubt that it was directly responsible for the casting of Jamie Bell as Tintin. Working with Serkis, Jackson, motion capture and a massive budget provided a great learning experience for Bell and a chance to shine before Peter Jackson.

Finally breaking through into more adult roles in his next film (though for Jamie Bell, Tintin may be a step back in this regard) with Hollywood legend Clint Eastwood. Flags of Our Fathers traces the story of the men who raised the flag on Iwo Jima and were captured on film by war photographer Joe Rosenthal.

Then it was back to playing disturbed characters in low budget, UK films as Bell starred in the award winning Hallam Foe (Mr Foe in the US). Playing a part completely unlike the clean cut, asexual Tintin, Jamie Bell is the eponymous Hallam Foe. A voyeur with dark obsessions about his dead mother. The film won various awards and Bell was nominated for Best Actor in the British Independent Film Awards.

Another CGI, high budget film was next for Jamie Bell in Jumper. This was poorly received by the critics and was summed up by one reviewer as “A tightly made film that could have been so much better.

Jamie Bell – Dirty and Dangerous

Having played numerous troubled teenagers in various dark film, there was one more before Jamie Bell became Tintin, and this was the Mother of all dark subject matters – the holocaust. Just released in the UK, Defiance is the story of Jewish resistance fighters in Eastern Europe. The film placed Bell alongside Daniel Craig who is to play Red Rackham in The Secret of the Unicorn.
Tintin – Once, Twice, Three times?

Jamie Bell as Tintin is a great choice. He is an experienced film actor who can deliver great performances. Of special importance to motion capture films like The Secret of the Unicorn is the ability to move. Billy Elliot showed he has clear control of his body and in action films like Deathwatch, Jumpers and Defiance he has shown the right fighting dynamism to be Tintin. What will be interesting is what human qualities Bell will bring to Tintin. The comic book character is very flat and stereotyped, rarely displaying emotion except when angry at a bully or worried about Snowy. Getting the balance between making Tintin a living breathing character for the audience to empathise with and staying faithful to the books will be a difficult piece of acting.

If Jamie Bell pulls off Tintin, then at least one more film awaits. Peter Jackson is set to direct the second film and there is the possibility of a third. Though not confirmed, it seems likely that production of the second film will proceed soon after the first has finished. Probably adapting Red Rackham’s Treasure, the second part of the adventure started in The Secret of the Unicorn. If studios run to form, this will be released a year after the first. Production of the third film will only start if the first film proves to be a success.
Bell’s Big Chance

As Tintin, Jamie Bell has a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Working with Spielberg with a huge budget and an internationally famous character could springboard Bell into Hollywood’s A-List. Becoming an action film hero and a sex symbol along the lines of Harrison Ford and Matt Damon is entirely possible. But that requires the film to be a smash and that is no easy thing to achieve, even when working with Spielberg and Jackson.
Some pictures I gathered to add more fuel to the fire:

The big boys with their toys:

Does he look like Tintin?

This guy below was the previous choice:

Sometimes, I wish it was live action film, but perhaps the Tintin world won't be justified. Anyways, lets see how it goes ...
Old 08-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #12
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nadal_effect View Post
Young Herge was accused of racism and this book was banned.
In which country? Here there is controversy but the book is definitely not banned.

What raised the controversy are the pics in the middle here:

Quote:
On the left:

Tintin: Come on, at work.
The Congolese: Me, tired.

On the right:

Tintin: Aren't you ashamed, leaving this dog do all the dirty job.
Snowy: Come on, pack of lazybones. At work !
I honestly find this controversy ridiculous. I would have understood if he had said "You, Congolese people, are lazybones" but here it's only that pack of people. Had it been white men, there wouldn't have been any problem. On the other hand Hergé admitted he knew nothing of Congo at that time and based his book on the paternalistic (not racist !!!) view that Belgian people had over Congolese people in the Colonial period. "They are kids, we have to educate them."

The Hollywood movie can do the comic good, I think. Since Hergé's death in 1983 the comic's sales have constantly gone down but in 1992/93 because that was the years the cartoons were released (my generation ). And Tintin, nowadays, no longer appeal to young kids because of the old-school vocabulary (in French).

By the way there have already been two Tintin movies but I don't know if there exist English versions of them: Le mystère de la toison d'or and Les oranges bleues.

And I discovered during the Tour de France that Cadel Evans was a great Tintin fan.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
In which country? Here there is controversy but the book is definitely not banned.

What raised the controversy are the pics in the middle here:

Hey Echoes, nice to meet someone else who read more closely into the Tintin books.

This is the controversy I was talking of:

Quote:
'Tintin Au Congo' book banned from Brooklyn libraries for depicting Africans as monkeys

BY Erin Durkin and Simone Weichselbaum
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Brooklyn's chief librarian has yanked a nearly 80-year-old book from the shelves because it depicts Africans as monkeys.

Tintin Au Congo is the only book in the city library system hidden from public view after a reader complained that it was "racially offensive."

The popular Belgian children's work - due to be made into a movie by Steven Spielberg - is locked behind a series of hidden doors on the third floor of Brooklyn's central library.

"'Tintin au Congo' was relocated," said director Richard Reyes-Gavilan. It "had illustrations that were racially offensive and inappropriate for children."

The curious have to make an appointment to see the original Georges (Herge) Remi piece. The next available date was Monday morning, said a library official.

Donna Lieberman, head of the New York Civil Liberties Union, blasted librarians "for taking the easy way out" and not considering the "long term in engaging in censorship."

Marcus Ramirez, 26, agreed.

"It's art, it's an expression," said Ramirez, 26, a security guard from the Bronx, looking at a recent reprint of the 1930 cartoon from a Brussels newspaper. "Other people get offended? I don't see why."

Spielberg isn't offended either. The famed filmmaker will put Tintin on the big screen in 2011, highlighting the adventures of the young reporter who travels the world with his dog, Snowy.

Herge was a Belgian enthusiast who pushed a pro-colonial message, as Tintin taught dopey natives right from wrong during his travels to foreign lands.

Even Snowy the dog takes a shot at a young Congolese boy, telling Tintin the child "doesn't look very bright."

Library officials across the city said they've debated pulling about 25 books and DVDs from city shelves, including "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," by Ann Coulter, and a Harold Robbins novel, but rejected the requests.

Only "Tintin" was blacklisted in Brooklyn - and quietly yanked from the shelves in 2007.

"Racism is relevant," said Brooklynite Karina Estedan, 28, who agrees the book should be locked away.

"The public library caters to the sensitivity of the community. People are trying to erase the mistakes of the past."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I honestly find this controversy ridiculous. I would have understood if he had said "You, Congolese people, are lazybones" but here it's only that pack of people. Had it been white men, there wouldn't have been any problem. On the other hand Hergé admitted he knew nothing of Congo at that time and based his book on the paternalistic (not racist !!!) view that Belgian people had over Congolese people in the Colonial period. "They are kids, we have to educate them."
I agree. But there's more here:

Quote:
Congolese man wants Belgium to ban 'racist' Tintin Au Congo

A Congolese man is trying to get controversial cartoon book Tintin Au Congo banned in Belgium over its racist and offensive depiction of Africans.

Mbutu Bienvenu holds a placard that shows a scene from the book 'Tintin in the Congo' Photo: AP

Bienvenue Mbutu, a Congolese national living in Belgium, has asked the Belgian courts to ban the book, but has said he would accept a ruling that the book must display a warning about its content. Mr Mbutu has also tried to have the book banned in France.

"Tintin's little (black) helper is seen as stupid and without qualities. It makes people think that blacks have not evolved," he has been quoted as saying.

A court in Belgium, home to the book's author Hergé, is due to rule on the matter next week.

The book has attracted strong criticism for its crude racial stereotypes in recent years.

Three years ago the UK's Commission for Racial Equality called for the book to be banned, saying it contained imagery and words of hideous racial prejudice.

In the book, a black woman bows to Tintin and says: "White man very great. White mister is big juju man!"
Written in the late 1920s it was the second Tintin adventure created by Hergé, who later said it was a youthful sin which reflected the prejudices of the time.

Now UK editions are sold alongside adult books and bear a band of paper around the outside, warning the content is offensive.
It was a 'youthful sin' that reflected the prejudices of the times, as the author said. Lets not forget that Herge's original catholic publisher was a strong influence in his mental make up then.

Quote:
The Hollywood movie can do the comic good, I think. Since Hergé's death in 1983 the comic's sales have constantly gone down but in 1992/93 because that was the years the cartoons were released (my generation ).
I am only hoping that the makers of the movie don't mix up the demography they are addressing. The movie, I think will do well if its target audience remains Europe and Asia where Tintin is a household name. If they try to make America their prime target, or even indulge in that thought of creating a new following; there is a good chance that they'll screw big time, or worse, what we'll have would be anything but Tintin. We will see.

Speilberg actually has tough a job at hand this time!

Quote:
And Tintin, nowadays, no longer appeal to young kids because of the old-school vocabulary (in French).
The following here in India is certainly better among the kids. Primarily because we are still largely conservative and Tintin's neutral sexuality goes down well with the parents too. He never had a girlfriend I can imagine how primitive the books might be for a country as liberal as France, though.

Quote:
By the way there have already been two Tintin movies but I don't know if there exist English versions of them: Le mystère de la toison d'or and Les oranges bleues.

And I discovered during the Tour de France that Cadel Evans was a great Tintin fan.
Hey, I am familiar with the Tintin movies you've mentioned. I haven't seen them but I believe neither successfully got the rhythm of the series. Were they well received on release?
Old 08-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #14
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

The "Tintin in Africa" books were drawn and written in a particular time frame when these views on "Africans" were common. Those views are now wrong obviously but it's how many back then thought so they were not seen as offensive in that time. I agree with Echoes that the entire controversy is ridiculous and if you read enough about Hergé himself and his other comic books, it's ludicrous to accuse him of racism. Time simply caught up with those books.

Those books should still be sold but perhaps with a couple of paragraphs added to explain that "time frame" and to warn that some of it can now be seen as offensive.

However, it's never been my favorite tintin book at all. On the contrary. I need captain Haddock around.

As Echoes said, Hergé himself admitted that he drew/wrote about Africa (and Tintin in America) based on clichés without doing proper research. After those two, he decided to either invent countries for his other books or he simply did more research to get things as correctly as possible.

I'm very much looking forward to the movies.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #15
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nadal_effect View Post
The following here in India is certainly better among the kids. Primarily because we are still largely conservative and Tintin's neutral sexuality goes down well with the parents too. He never had a girlfriend
In that time, a lot of the comic books (at least in our area) had few women/girls in it.

Hergé himself (I went to the Hergé museum in Belgium this week, I highly recommend this place to every Hergé/Tintin fan) and there were soundbites from Hergé and you could listen to him explain why he had so few women in his work.
Hergé said that he likes to put his characters in funny situations, sometimes make fun of them, put them in slightly embarrassing situations and Hergé added that he doesn't want to make fun of women so he stuck with men mostly.

It's another time frame thing, I guess.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote