Auckland Heineken Open - We all know David loves cerveza - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-15-2011, 03:41 AM   #91
country flag Jillian

Jillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auckland Heineken Open - We all know David loves cerveza

David played a brilliant match and fully deserved that victory. What a way to start the new year with a victory in your first tournament.................

I am so happy for him and so very proud of him xxxx
Jillian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2011, 06:32 AM   #92
country flag ariel2

ariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thrilled that Ferru won Auckland but surprised at the score. Thought it would be much more competitive or do the scores not reflect the quality of the match?

Imram, yet another welcome to the forum from me and thank you so much for the two videos. The woman interviewing him in the second video was quite attractive and he was quite shy with her. I thought the eight upsies or whatever they called it with the ball was respectable from David considering the flip flops. But he was a bit embarrassed at his poor score and looked cute saying he'd try to to a better job with the match. He also answers everything straight up like when he was asked which Daveed would win and he said "I'll try for Ferrer" - always liked that about him - he never sends a snide answer back - and it's not because of his English. He probably doesn't do it in Spanish either.

Nice lad. Nice win. Keep them videos coming Imram!!!!
ariel2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:40 AM   #93
country flag iramlatif

iramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond repute

Huge congrats to David. What an awesome way to start the 2011. Here's looking to a promising and very successful year for him. I'm really happy for him.

Have a great weekend folks.
iramlatif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #94
country flag Carol96

Carol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond repute

YES!!!!
#10, #10' #10!!!

The mussels worked (and I didn't even slip a dodgy one in!!!) - but heck, I don't really think they were needed, David was far too strong last night!

Such a well deserved victory for our David....

Roll on the AO!!!

And yes, ANYTHING on David-chico is welcome here
Carol96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #95
country flag FerrersLinda

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute

FerrersLinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #96
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

And I thought I was too tired to post last night. First 6 games of the match had me worried ( yes me) since DF had a harder time holding onto his serve. But after that he seemed to settle in to a rhythm and Nalby seemed a bit off. I assume needs more matches, better physical etcetc. Anyhoo
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #97
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

RESULTS - SATURDAY, 15 JANUARY, 2011

Singles - Final
[1] D Ferrer (ESP) d [6] D Nalbandian (ARG) 63 62

Doubles - Final
[2] M Granollers (ESP) / T Robredo (ESP) d J Brunstrom (SWE) / S Huss (AUS) 64 76(6)

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID

Ferrer: “It’s very special. When I won here [in 2007] it was my first hard court title and to win it for a second time four years later is special because it’s more difficult now with the pressure and expectation. I like a lot to play the second week of the season here; I like the tournament a lot, the people support me a lot.

“Of course I am with confidence after winning a tournament; the next tournament I will go in with confidence in my game and my mentality.

“I think David did not have a good day. He played a little bit badly in the second set. Maybe it was the key in the first set at 3-3 when I went a break up and won the set. He lost concentration. I thought I played very consistently and I did my job.”

Nalbandian: “He played better than me. I had some chances in the beginning of the first set, but couldn’t take them. Sometimes I missed easy shots and I tried risks that didn’t work.

“I think it was a very good week. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you play good and lose, sometimes you play bad and win. Sport is like that. Today I lost. I will try to play better every day.”
alisia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #98
country flag Carol96

Carol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond repute

Thx for the citation Alisia. D'you know... I don't think I've ever heard David say a bad thing about an opponent - limited English or not. I just don't think it's in his nature... Now HE REALLY is a humble champion more than anyone else (and yes, in the face of derision / opprobium, I do include the Top Two in this estimation, as D appears to accept his "limits" more than anyone else, but I think these limits possibly more mental than anything else.)

Before anyone brings on the big guns, let me say, I really admire what Rafa and Roger have brought to tennis, but, it's David who raises my spirits, who stirs my blood... Rafa and Roger are on a different planet, but Ferru's HUMAN, with all the human faults and he fights so goddam hard every day and is so gentle and lovely with it...
Hope you folks can understand what I'm getting at... Don't mean to upset anyone.
Carol96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #99
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer Wins Battle Of Davids, Clinches 10th Title

World No. 7 David Ferrer won his 10th ATP World Tour title on the eve of the Australian Open as he halted David Nalbandian’s hot streak in Auckland with a 6-3, 6-2 victory over the Argentine in the final of the Heineken Open on Saturday.

Four years ago at the ATP World Tour 250 tennis tournament in Auckland, the 28-year-old Ferrer won his first ATP World Tour hard-court title with victory over Tommy Robredo.

“It’s very special,” declared Ferrer. “When I won here [in 2007] it was my first hard court title and to win it for a second time four years later is special because it’s more difficult now with the pressure and expectation. I like a lot to play the second week of the season here; I like the tournament a lot, the people support me a lot.

“Of course I am with confidence after winning a tournament; the next tournament I will go in with confidence in my game and my mentality,” added the Spaniard, who faces Jarkko Nieminen in the first round of the Australian Open.

The top seeded Ferrer was strong on serve throughout the week, holding 93 per cent of his service games in the lead up to the final, and he continued that trend against Nalbandian, saving all three break points he faced. In overturning a three-match losing streak against the Argentine, Ferrer broke serve three times from five opportunities and wrapped up victory in 68 minutes.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #100
country flag alisia

first 20 seconds is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XenUasrIk_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayUw8jJYuF4
Old 01-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #101
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Big congrats Ferru
Sooooooooooo happy for him

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #102
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

And there one year passed and it´s time for Auckland again

Hope the tournament will be as good for David as the one last year Mucha suerte

Btw, did anyone of you see the final from Abu Dhabi against Djokovic yesterday? Ferru lost in straight sets, but it was soooo cute, because Marta was there as well and during his speech she was smiling all the time and just looked so happy and proud about her boy (even if he lost), this was soooo sweet

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #103
country flag alisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommarsverige View Post
And there one year passed and it´s time for Auckland again

Hope the tournament will be as good for David as the one last year Mucha suerte

Btw, did anyone of you see the final from Abu Dhabi against Djokovic yesterday? Ferru lost in straight sets, but it was soooo cute, because Marta was there as well and during his speech she was smiling all the time and just looked so happy and proud about her boy (even if he lost), this was soooo sweet
not a bad start to the season he's already $500,000 richer & he lost
Old 01-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #104
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck to Pics I really believe he is the hardest worker on the Tour!
Old 01-02-2012, 02:46 AM   #105
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

Aw, so sorry Ferru lost, but how cute about Marta! I'd like to see that match and the cute couple! Good luck in Auckland, Ferru!
Edda is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote