2009 Australian Open - Futures - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #16
country flag betowiec

betowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Australian Open - Futures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
America's princess Mardy Fish
decent odds for him and james to meet in the final
betowiec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #17
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutafon View Post
even if he did (i doubt those pics with adam scott prove anything) he's accomplished his mission with her
true. I must give him props for that.

but if you were Verdasco would you still doubt that those pictures with Scott meant nothing?
Old 01-11-2009, 02:19 AM   #18
bad gambler

Federer is still the favourite

Code:

FEDERER, Roger (SUI) 	3.30 
MURRAY, Andy (GBR) 	3.50 
NADAL, Rafael (ESP) 	5.00 
DJOKOVIC, Novak (SRB) 	6.00

Last edited by bad gambler : 01-11-2009 at 02:24 AM.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:26 AM   #19

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that the bookies are out of line with the exchanges. The major bookies have Murray as fave and the exchanges are still favouring Fed.

Djok looks the value to me right now.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:30 AM   #20
bad gambler

Agree Henry though I am going to watch his first match in Sydney to ensure he has the form, want to make sure that loss to Gulbis was indeed simply down to lethargy.

I'd have him favourite or at the least equal favourite with Murray.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:08 AM   #21

yup, my main worry is that he has chased the dollar and fucked up his chances by changing racquets from wilson to head. Odds of 7.5 (victor chandler) are crazy regardless for a defending champ.

If you see his 1st match in Sydney let me know your impressions man because his odds will surely shorten with a good run.. .
Old 01-11-2009, 04:11 AM   #22
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic is definetly worth having a go at with the price, also Nadal and Murray have injury concerns probably nothing but 5 set matches could take their toll when getting to the latter stages

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #23
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Latest odds from Betfair (to back):

Federer 3.95
Murray 4.0
Nadal 5.7
Djokovic 8.6
Tsonga 24
Simon 50
Nalbandian 55
del Potro 75

The markets remain skeptical over Murray's ablility to cross the mental barrier of 1st GS. They also trust Federer to raise his game for the big event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Also over the past 4 years there has been a player that has come from nowhere to make a serious run over the 2 weeks. In 2005 it was Safin, 2006 Baghdatis, 2007 Gonzalez and last year it was Tsonga. Who are we all predicting as the "sleeper" for this year?
Umm, I believe Marat was world #4 at the time. He just won two TMS shields at the back of 2004 and matched Federer at the TMC. I would hardly call him "a player that has come from nowhere".
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:14 AM   #24
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic is a one slam wonder, his odds should be 20+ imo. If he runs into any number of players, his tournament is over - Murray, Tsonga, Dlouhy, etc.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #25
country flag maxxo

maxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond repute

what's fat dave doing these days?
Old 01-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #26

eating steak at the dakar rally I'm guessing
Old 01-11-2009, 06:15 PM   #27
country flag Timotheus

Timotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
Djokovic is a one slam wonder, his odds should be 20+ imo. If he runs into any number of players, his tournament is over - Murray, Tsonga, Dlouhy, etc.
Dlouhy
Timotheus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:18 PM   #28
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
Your point was a good one till you mentioned Dlouhy lol

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #29
country flag Julio
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Julio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond repute

Dark horse of this year could be a guy like Gilles Muller.
I don't trust Stepanek on Gran Slams as his game asks a lot of energy and Aussie summer is one of the worst for players.
I found Baggy very fit last week but his lack of matches cost him a lot.
Monfils ? Why not.
We can't forget Hewitt too.
Also, to watch : Granollers, Simon and Schwank.
Julio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:04 AM   #30
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
yup, my main worry is that he has chased the dollar and fucked up his chances by changing racquets from wilson to head. Odds of 7.5 (victor chandler) are crazy regardless for a defending champ.

If you see his 1st match in Sydney let me know your impressions man because his odds will surely shorten with a good run.. .
Watched his match against PHM, granted the french mug couldn't make a decent 2nd serve to save his life Djoko was outstanding especially with the backhand. I'll put that first up loss to Gulbis down to lack of motivation as he was very sharp today and was so even when I watched him practice on Monday.

Getting on him to win the AO at that price even if it means he has to do something that he has yet to do his whole career - defend a title.