Double break "mini-tanking" - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-01-2015, 01:38 PM   #1
country flag PeacheZ

PeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Double break "mini-tanking"

Hey guys,

as i am sure a lot of you know, many of the players on tour tend to tank the rest of the set mainly when losing by 2 breaks (0:5/1:5/0:4/1:4) or in other bad situations. You can get very good prices some times, especially for these players to get broken at the end of the set.

I'm gonna start off by mentioning some of the guys i've seen do that more often than not:
1.The Fog
2.Tomic
3.Gulbis
4.Paire
5.Mannarino
6.Alexander Zverev
7.Harrison
8.Darcis
9.Kudryavtsev

Feel free to contribute It's hard enough to beat the bookies, but i think this is one of the few edges you could have over them nowadays.

Cheers.
Philipp Kohlschreiber
PeacheZ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2015, 03:07 PM   #2
country flag Rumblingbelly

Rumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond reputeRumblingbelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Double break "mini-tanking"

Doesn't sound that tempting, you can never know if the player will tank or not, he might hold to love.
Rumblingbelly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:33 PM   #3
country flag PeacheZ

PeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond reputePeacheZ has a reputation beyond repute

Have you heard of the word "value"?
Philipp Kohlschreiber
Old 01-02-2015, 03:16 PM   #4
country flag LordTips

LordTips is on a distinguished road

To beat bookies, it's not hard ... you need experience !
Old 01-03-2015, 07:03 PM   #5
country flag PeacheZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTips View Post
To beat bookies, it's not hard ... you need experience !
No shit Ofcourse, it`s easier, when you have observations, but it also takes patience, good strategy and bank management. However, both of you guys are far off topic. I thought by now there would be some good contributions, because besides the trolling, there are some guys with good knowledge of the tour.